Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Win To Get In

TK

9 hours ago, PotomacGator said:

Do we understand the concept of a "quick pass"? I feel like we used to, but recently it's 3rd and 6/7/8 and we always attempt a pass of 30+ yards. Just making it more difficult for ourselves. I understand the surprise element but it's not a surprise when you constantly do it.

Is Josh Norman starting to irritate anyone else? If you're going to yap and become a liability on the field by fighting with other guys, you need to be a consistently outstanding player and he is not. Full disclosure: as a general rule for me personally, I don't like guys who yap. If you're a bad player who yaps about being great, you're delusional and a liar. If you're a great player who yaps about being great, you're being redundant and projecting insecurity. Play the damned game and let everyone else talk about how good you are. Just my opinion.

Lastly: Cousins if fine. We can talk about how much money he does or doesn't deserve but the bottom line is the football numbers don't lie and he is not the issue with this team. By all statistics he is improving and he's still relatively early into his career.

We've got something going on offense. With better blocking and a cohesive defense this team has a lot of potential. That's what I'm going to tell myself, at least.

So you thrash Josh Norman and defend Kirk Cousins?  Not shocked at all actually.  One guy plays at an elite level all season and one guy chokes at every big moment.  You know who is who.

12 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I want to add one more thing in this gameday thread before I wrap it up for this season. It was an absolute embarrassment to see all of that blue in the stands today. Your team is basically in a do or die playoff game and you sell your tickets to opposing fans? They are your tickets you can do what you want with them. But if you are a season ticket holder and sold your tickets for this game to a Giants fan. You are weak. 

how does a reseller know what team the buyer is going too cheer for? I'm fine with resellers making as much money as possible even if that means tickets may end up in an opponents fans hands. NFL teams sells tickets to the general public, not to team fans only. Is that weak as well?

7 minutes ago, largofool said:

how does a reseller know what team the buyer is going too cheer for? I'm fine with resellers making as much money as possible even if that means tickets may end up in an opponents fans hands. NFL teams sells tickets to the general public, not to team fans only. Is that weak as well?

You may be right, but I didn't see a ton of GB green in Detroit last night. I go to Buffalo Bills games and the Bills are a JOKE. I never see that stadium flooded with opposing teams fans. 

For a game that big, it WAS embarrassing for that many blue jerseys in the lower bowl.

41 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Some might not want to hear this, but we need guys like Ray Lewis and Michael Irvin on this team.

Our GM needs to draft some dogs on defense.

I'm sick of nice guys that are "football players" 

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

You may be right, but I didn't see a ton of GB green in Detroit last night. I go to Buffalo Bills games and the Bills are a JOKE. I never see that stadium flooded with opposing teams fans. 

For a game that big, it WAS embarrassing for that many blue jerseys in the lower bowl.

Part of that is also the demographics of the DC area. It's a unique situation

also, God bless you for attending Bills games but it's nice to see that you've escaped from whoever was holding you captive and torturing you 

15 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

He destroyed good teams all year. Just not when it mattered most. 

You mean teams like the Eagles, Bears, and Browns?

He won the first game vs the Giants, but lost the first Cowboy game with that dumb interception at the 5.  Couldn't deliver in the biggest game of the season, throwing another really bad interception.  Everybody over-estimates the Green Bay game, but they changed their defense after that game and played much better.  Beating .500 and below teams aren't the sign of a very good QB.  That is his record.  

I see this game as being very similar to the one that the Cowboys lost against the same team a few weeks back, only we scored 3 more points and allowed 3 more than Dallas did. I'm disappointed, but honestly......not THAT disappointed. We probably weren't going very far.

Keep an eye on this Giants team in the playoffs. With the way they've been playing D lately, they could go places.

1 minute ago, TheItalianStallion said:

I see this game as being very similar to the one that the Cowboys lost against the same team a few weeks back, only we scored 3 more points and allowed 3 more than Dallas did. I'm disappointed, but honestly......not THAT disappointed. We probably weren't going very far.

Keep an eye on this Giants team in the playoffs. With the way they've been playing D lately, they could go places.

They can't score worth **** though. Rogers gone get his.

On 1/1/2017 at 7:16 PM, s0crates said:

I don't know that I would change much there though. Maybe bring in a C or another G. I also think it would help to have a top tier RB, and more of a commitment to the running game from the McVay and Gruden.

I couldn't agree with you more.  The Redskins may need to invest in a top tier RB.  I think they absolutely need a Center.  Remember at the beginning of the season they tried to get that guy from the Pats who ended up not passing the physical so we all know that was a weakness from the get-go.

Guard opposite of Sherriff and maybe even a better T outside of Williams even though everyone played pretty well.  IMO the offensive has to be the reason the running game is so bad right now.  Teams respect Cousins enough that they drop mostly into coverage against him which SHOULD open up the running lanes but it just hasn't been there.

McVay might get a coaching gig somewhere if someone is desperate enough (i personally don't think he's ready yet but hey).

In most of the games this year the Redskins have completely gotten away from the run.  It's like they think they have Peyton Manning back there and can just throw the ball all day.  Or Tom Brady.

Whatever they end up doing with Cousins the defense is awful but that's for another thread. :)

• TK locked this topic

Archived