Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This makes me sick to say, but go Cowboys!

kgor93

19 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

This thread proves there are some miserable ass Redskins fans. Get over yourselves and root for anything and everything positive to happen for our Redskins.  That includes hoping Dallas wins tonight, you miserable ****tards. 

For as long as I've known you, CJ, you've always been the shy and quiet type.

NOT !!

I've said it before and I will say it again: it has been 24 seasons since this team has made back-to-back playoff appearances.  I don't care if we get bounced on our wild card arses in Seattle, Atlanta, Detroit, or Green Bay; consecutive playoff appearances, IMHO, is a huge turning point for this franchise.

So I have three words for everyone ...

LOSE, LIONS, LOSE !!

I don't think there should be any question what we want from tonight's game. And let's be honest: ever since Dallas beat us on Thanksgiving, which pretty much guaranteed that we couldn't win the division, it's been in our interests for them to win every week. As the Giants (and 06 Steelers showed), it doesn't matter how you get into the playoffs or what seed you are. Once you're in, you've got a chance.

Garret reiterates that starters will play tonight

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/26/jason-garrett-reiterates-cowboys-starters-will-play-as-normal/amp/?client=safari

also randy Gregory has been activated.

they are playing to win. These guys are a real proud group. Like I said I really hate the Dallas Cowboys but if they stomp on the Lions tonight I'll give them a pass as human beings. 

27 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

If the Lions win I don't see any scenario's that put the Redskins in the playoffs. Well, I guess there is one and that is if they beat the Packers next week as well.  That would mean the Redskins have to travel to the fields of alysium, Seattle.  That's a L.

Go Cowboys

Actually, no ... should the Lions and Falcons (vs NO) win out (both to 11-5), the best Seattle (at SF) can do is 10-5-1 and they would host the Ginas.

Assuming Atlanta wins at home, Seattle regains the third seed if the NFC North division winner finishes with a 10-6 record.

44 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

If the Lions win I don't see any scenario's that put the Redskins in the playoffs. Well, I guess there is one and that is if they beat the Packers next week as well.  That would mean the Redskins have to travel to the fields of alysium, Seattle.  That's a L.

Go Cowboys

In such a case I like our chances against Seattle. They have been a very up and down team this year

Even if the Lions win tonight, you know they will be going all out next week because if they win, it means a home playoff game.  And maybe a first round bye depending on other results.  IF they win tonight and lose next week, they are a wildcard.  Either result tonight means the Lions play hard next week.  I really see the Cowboys winning tonight.  And I doubt the Giants play a lot of starters past halftime next week.

Hope you are right Tom.  And yes, if Detroit wins tonight they will be going all out next week to win the division and if Skins win we would play the Lions I think LOL!

Let's just see what happens, all of this hinges on the Skins winning and we haven't swept the Giants for as long as I can remember...

29 minutes ago, illone said:

Hope you are right Tom.  And yes, if Detroit wins tonight they will be going all out next week to win the division and if Skins win we would play the Lions I think LOL!

Let's just see what happens, all of this hinges on the Skins winning and we haven't swept the Giants for as long as I can remember...

True but the Giants have nothing to play for next week.  Not saying the Giants would have beaten the Skins if they did, I'm just not sure how much the starters play.

2 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Cowboys aren't playing to win, at least defensively.  Long way to go but wouldn't be surprised if they pull starters very soon 

They aren't pulling the defense when it looks like this. They won't play again until Jan 14-15, would almost guarantee one and done with that sort of layoff IMHO. 

FWIW, this should have been our game plan on Thanksgiving... up tempo/nohuddle and spread out. Take notes Jay.

Archived