Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs Josh Norman's Ex Girlfriend

TK

8 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The only turnover on Kirk was the INT. The fumble was on Vernon. He's gotta make that block. It's not like Kirk saw the pressure coming and tried to beat it, it was on his blindside and he was a tenth of a second from his arm moving forward equaling an incomplete pass.

It was terrible blocking but I've seen KC get hit much harder than that and not fumble, he has to feel that pressure coming.

Just now, jschuck12001 said:

I've seen KC get hit much harder than that and not fumble, he has to feel that pressure coming.

He's one of the least sacked QBs in the NFL, he knows when pressure is coming ... it was a 10th of a second difference. It's not like the ball was at his waist.

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

He's one of the least sacked QBs in the NFL, he knows when pressure is coming ... it was a 10th of a second difference. It's not like the ball was at his waist.

I can't argue with that, I've been saying or 2 years that our O line is not that good but KC makes it look better than it is.

58 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

You really can't disagree with any of it. D was terrible. And for a change, O was terrible too. Coming as flat as they did on both sides of the ball in basically a must win game, that has to be on the coaches. All of them.

Actually, I can and I did. I also gave factual reasons. The D played well enough to win that game.

The D gave the Off the ball plenty of times to get in the game. Kept Car out of the EZ after the pick then got off the field with no pts the next 2 drives. Instead, the off **** the bed, it's that simple. If they play even average we win the game. The off gave Carolina 10 pts - just gave it to them. And those trotting out the Car missed some chances - it's not the same as throwing a pick or fumbling and giving the other team the ball at the 1. And our offense missed a bunch of opportunities. Inaccurate passes, putrid run blocking, dropped passes and again those two TOs.

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Actually, I can and I did. I also gave factual reasons. The D played well enough to win that game.

The D gave the Off the ball plenty of times to get in the game. Kept Car out of the EZ after the pick then got off the field with no pts the next 2 drives. Instead, the off **** the bed, it's that simple. If they play even average we win the game. The off gave Carolina 10 pts - just gave it to them. And those trotting out the Car missed some chances - it's not the same as throwing a pick or fumbling and giving the other team the ball at the 1. And our offense missed a bunch of opportunities. Inaccurate passes, putrid run blocking, dropped passes and again those two TOs.

The defense gave up 150 yards rushing and 290 passing, with 3rd string guys playing on the OL, and Carolina left 13 points on the table. They were terrible. No, they were not historically bad on 3rd down for once, but many times they didn't even get to 3rd down.

As I said, the Offense was terrible. But so was the Defense. The fact that they have been terrible all season and you're used to it doesn't make it any less terrible.

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

And yet he is tied with several others for the 3rd most fumbles by a QB with 9 for the year. He has only lost 3, but 9 is way too many, especially for someone who does not get sacked very often.

Last night he has to feel that pressure and step up. Davis gets most of the blame. He blew his block for sure. But Kirk has to recognize that better. I do realize it's not easy. But it's part of his job - protect the football. Kirk has 5 TOs in the last 3 gms. That is not good - not good at all. Can't blame the D for that - although I am sure someone will try.

And yet he is tied with several others for the 3rd most fumbles by a QB with 9 for the year. He has only lost 3, but 9 is way too many, especially for someone who does not get sacked very often.

Last night he has to feel that pressure and step up. Davis gets most of the blame. He blew his block for sure. But Kirk has to recognize that better. I do realize it's not easy. But it's part of his job - protect the football. Kirk has 5 TOs in the last 3 gms. That is not good - not good at all. Can't blame the D for that - although I am sure someone will try.

Honestly I think the worst part of it is the playcall. Why do you turn a DE against a TE that has to come all the way across the formation to block him?

On your own 5 yard line?

Nothing good can come out of that. And it didn't

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

The defense gave up 150 yards rushing and 290 passing, with 3rd string guys playing on the OL, and Carolina left 13 points on the table. They were terrible. No, they were not historically bad on 3rd down for once, but many times they didn't even get to 3rd down.

As I said, the Offense was terrible. But so was the Defense. The fact that they have been terrible all season and you're used to it doesn't make it any less terrible.

No one is used to anything. Sorry, but that's just an unnecessary statement - made only to antagonize. I would ask that you stop it. 

4 of 15 is not just them not getting to 3rd down. The yds are as much because the off could not stay on the field - not to mention the 2 TOs that gave them 10 pts. And our offense left a bunch of pts out there two. Again, for the second time trotting that out to defend 2 stupid TOs giving up 10 pts as the same thing is ludicrous.

Again, no one is saying the D was good. But they did play well enough to win.  

It's interesting - on another thread people were arguing that I was not blaming Kirk enough. Now you are arguing that I am not blaming the Def enough. Kind of silly to be honest.

I am done. You have your opinion and I have mine. Neither likely to change.

8 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Honestly I think the worst part of it is the playcall. Why do you turn a DE against a TE that has to come all the way across the formation to block him?

On your own 5 yard line?

Nothing good can come out of that. And it didn't

I would not totally disagree. But it is a protection that is used and executed all the time. Really should not matter where you are on the field - but I get your point and again don't totally disagree. 

Cooley was beside himself on how Davis was lazy in getting over to make that block. He put the entire thing on Davis. I have argued that Kirk owns at least some of it as he has to know where he is on the field and take beter care of the ball. But Davis has to make the block. Had he been aggressive and met the DE, Kirk gets the pass off.

34 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Still, if we had scored a few TDs or been up by 6-10 points they would have tried more 4th down plays instead of kicking; they didn't have anything to play for except pride, which is something lacking on this team.

To make things worse, our TEs are ball catching TEs; they don't want anything to do with blocking, they don't get the glory and praise. Even when they attempt to give a slight block then run out to the flat for a pass, its a half-assed effort because their only wanting the ball.

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No one is used to anything. Sorry, but that's just an unnecessary statement - made only to antagonize. I would ask that you stop it. 

4 of 15 is not just them not getting to 3rd down. The yds are as much because the off could not stay on the field - not to mention the 2 TOs that gave them 10 pts. And our offense left a bunch of pts out there two. Again, for the second time trotting that out to defend 2 stupid TOs giving up 10 pts as the same thing is ludicrous.

Again, no one is saying the D was good. But they did play well enough to win.  

It's interesting - on another thread people were arguing that I was not blaming Kirk enough. Now you are arguing that I am not blaming the Def enough. Kind of silly to be honest.

I am done. You have your opinion and I have mine. Neither likely to change.

Dude, seriously?

First off, this is a team (Carolina) that was riddled with injuries on the OL and still put up over 400 yards in TO

And yes, for once this season, we did not allow the opposing team to get first downs on 3rd and 12 all the time. Great.

Kirk had a bad game. The OL had a horrible game. Defence was bad, because this had been a putrid offense most of the year, and they were beat up.

I would not totally disagree. But it is a protection that is used and executed all the time. Really should not matter where you are on the field - but I get your point and again don't totally disagree. 

Cooley was beside himself on how Davis was lazy in getting over to make that block. He put the entire thing on Davis. I have argued that Kirk owns at least some of it as he has to know where he is on the field and take beter care of the ball. But Davis has to make the block. Had he been aggressive and met the DE, Kirk gets the pass off.

It was a really bad effort on Davis. Terrible in fact. But you don't call that play down there. It's a huge risk

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

Still, if we had scored a few TDs or been up by 6-10 points they would have tried more 4th down plays instead of kicking; they didn't have anything to play for except pride, which is something lacking on this team.

I don't disagree but it would have been nice to see what being up by 6 - 10 pts felt like and take our chances. In terms of pride, I only saw a handful of players who seemed to really. I know people want to blame the coaches, but at this point in the season with the POs on the line - if you can't get yourself up for a game like that - you need to consider another job.

23 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Dude, seriously?

First off, this is a team (Carolina) that was riddled with injuries on the OL and still put up over 400 yards in TO

And yes, for once this season, we did not allow the opposing team to get first downs on 3rd and 12 all the time. Great.

Edit

Image result for dude images

Archived