Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wakeyleaks

Spaceman Spiff

Surprised there hasn't been a thread started about this.  I read about it yesterday and can't honestly remember a story like it.

If you haven't heard, basically the Wake Forest football radio guy provided opponents confidential game preparations to their opponents multiple times.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18272514/wake-forest-finds-radio-announcer-leaked-game-plans-opponents

Such a strange, weird situation.  Can't imagine what this guys motivations were, seems like he had a really good relationship with his school.  

EDIT:  Didn't know where to put this, mods feel free to move it if I got it wrong.

Supposedly Elrod was upset with the new coach (Clawson) not retaining him when he took over. Which is dumb, considering most coaches rarely ever retain any of the previous coach's staff.

I know this, Elrod has committed career-suicide in two fields---coaching and broadcasting. What a total idiot.

5 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Supposedly Elrod was upset with the new coach (Clawson) not retaining him when he took over. Which is dumb, considering most coaches rarely ever retain any of the previous coach's staff.

I know this, Elrod has committed career-suicide in two fields---coaching and broadcasting. What a total idiot.

I guessed it had something to do with that but if you're not happy with the new coach not retaining you....go find another job on another staff.  Probably easier said than done but you're right, he's unemployable now.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I guessed it had something to do with that but if you're not happy with the new coach not retaining you....go find another job on another staff.  

Exactly.

I did hear that Elrod has hired a lawyer. So this might be in the news for awhile.

30 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I guessed it had something to do with that but if you're not happy with the new coach not retaining you....go find another job on another staff.  Probably easier said than done but you're right, he's unemployable now.

If Jeff Fisher can keep getting hired then this guy can.

Jeff Fisher is the role model for all the unemployed

Archived