Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

3 minutes ago, mexaskin said:

Pryor understands that with Jackson and Garcon gone that he will have ample opportunity to elevate his game. We all know kirk can spread it around. Doctson, Pryor, Crowder, Reed, and Davis will make a nice receiving core. Of course we need a tad more but it's a nice start. 

Don't forget Ryan Grant....ehhh...never mind.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Because he's going to explode and get over twice that from someone else.

****ing stupid team. It's like they only want to win this year.

Ehhh, he also turned down a 4 year contract with the Browns. The market wasn't there for him. I don't see how this is any different or worse than Jeffrey's contract with the Eagles. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Because he's going to explode and get over twice that from someone else.

****ing stupid team. It's like they only want to win this year.

It's like they're going the Jets route of not commiting to a rebuild or to stability so they're just gonna go half-half.

4 hours ago, RVAskins said:

We always rebuild and look good.....on paper. In reality, it means nothing.

I'm 27. We have never actually rebuilt in my lifetime, on paper or otherwise, so idk what you mean by this.

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

Love signing Pryor,, but why only a one year deal?
Seems odd to me. Young guy, essentially a second yr receiver. 

~Bang

That has me puzzled too.  So, is this Bruce Allen's strategy?  Sign players to one year deals and then when we have to pay more the next year let them go with no compensation? 

I only watched him against us and I saw Josh Norman having a really difficult time with him.  Josh settled down and played better in the second half but Hue Jackson inexplicably stopped running Crowell.  Two fumbles were needed to hold on for the win.  I know that some DB's like Pacman and a Giants db took shots at him but Pryor responded in twitter with class.  Soooo, I really don't get this. 

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

Love signing Pryor,, but why only a one year deal?
Seems odd to me. Young guy, essentially a second yr receiver. 

~Bang

Because he wants more money and no team was willing to give it to him in a LTD because he's 27/28 and only has one year of production to show for it.   

So, it seems to me that McCloughan isn't missed too much on the first 2 days of free agency.

We have done what we said.. targeted second level FAs, and signed positions of need to reasonable contracts.

So far as i can tell, we haven'/t missed on anyone we've actually been after. 

Now, let's see how the draft goes..

~Bang

1 minute ago, drowland said:

Because he wants more money and no team was willing to give it to him in a LTD because he's 27/28 and only has one year of production to show for it.   

Exactly. Though originally the Browns DID offer him the same contract they offered Britt, 4 years, 32 million (8 million a year) but he turned it down thinking he could get more. 

I don't think they made him another offer though after he turned it down. 

Archived