Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest need in the offseason.....

halter91

4 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I think Pot Roast, Amerson and some others didnt fit Scot's view of "football players". Just a complete guess and while Amerson had some problems showing up on time, focused on modeling and getting suspended ... Pot Roast was continually overweight and out of shape. If my memory is right, in the playoff game Pot Roast was a liability when Rodgers went hurry up. I think that pissed Scot off. 

While likely all true, Barry was also a liability in not preparing for Rodgers (and every modern day offense) to go hurry up early in the playoffs.

Barry should have known the Roast was out of shape, and not have him out there unless GB is in heavy jumbo/we were backed in deep, or stop the bleeding and call a timeout and get him out of the game.

Of course, he could have just haynesworthed and laid on the field, helpless, and gotten an injury TO.

1 hour ago, Lloyds' Mongolian Beef said:

This is the crux of our problem. The most important position in a true 3-4 is NT. We don't even have a NT, which tells you why we struggle so much in certain situations. However, Barry is convinced that since he runs a hybrid D, he doesn't need a true NT. He is wrong. He either needs a true NT or a revamped D that is a base 4-3.  The even greater reality is that Barry should be gone after this season so we will have to find pieces to fit a different coordinators scheme. 

Worked for the cowboys and Jay Ratliff.

Archived