Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

washington.cbslocal.com/,Sundberg Hurts Back, Redskins Kicking Game in Limbo, UPDATE, Lovato signed

SWFLSkins

I understand there is a big difference between shotgun snaps and long snaps but i will never understand how a quarterback can be better and more suited to it than any one of the centers on the roster.

Or that there aren't any centers or backup centers who perform that role to free up a roster spot.

Its not exactly the difference between brain surgery and finished carpentry. 

10 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Ha they have the skins at the tip top in Saturday one liners over at pft talking about colt could possibly haha take haha on lol the duty of long snapper if need be haha sorry on a serious note is that even possible?..

20 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Well ****.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/redskins-colt-mccoy-emergency-long-snapper-111816

More is covered in the article, along with Gruden's opinion McCoy. In either case, it would make for a weird day if Sundberg can't play and we don't sign anyone else.

18 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Doesn't everyones backup QB play special teams? Hell yeah, we're the Redskins dammit and we don't need any of those sissy boy clipboard holding backups

17 hours ago, justice98 said:

Can you imagine a DL salivating at destroying Colt on a snap?

16 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I think there is some rule protecting centers on teams snaps.

They are going to vault him, the new rage. Which I wish we would risk trying.... not sure what the risk is, but anyways. 

That chit is CRAZY...Colt woulda been the absolute LAST member on our squad I woulda guessed to be able to LS it...how?...that chit takes a lot of skill...and a lot of practice...how?? when???

2 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I wonder if there's a little gamesmanship there with signing a former Packer. Probably not. 

Now the two questions are:

1. Who are the Redskins cutting to have Lavato on the 53?

and

2. Is Lavato starting, or is he just there in case Sundberg can't make it through the game?

15 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Well, I'd hope it's not anyone we'd end up losing. Someone who they feel good will make it through waivers and can go to the PS, maybe.

Blaine Clausell? Maybe Mack Brown? 

53 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Now the two questions are:

and

2. Is Lavato starting, or is he just there in case Sundberg can't make it through the game?

38 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Well, I'd hope it's not anyone we'd end up losing. Someone who they feel good will make it through waivers and can go to the PS, maybe.

Blaine Clausell? Maybe Mack Brown? 

My understanding from the tweets is he just takes Sundbergs spot for the week, nobody gets cut? .. will try and verify or look for more on that. 

1 hour ago, SWFLSkins said:

John Keim ‏@john_keim  37s37 seconds ago
John Keim Retweeted ESPN NFL Nation
Was told still a chance Sundberg snaps. But Redskins wanted to cover themselves... just in caseJohn Keim added,
ESPN NFL Nation @ESPN_NFLNation
Redskins sign long-snapper Rick Lovato, waive Jordan Hill http://es.pn/2g5KG1k

This is what I figured they were doing.

Just picking up a LS in case Sundberg can't go, or he does play and his back starts to bother him.

4 hours ago, TK said:

Culliver cut. Hear Scott's checking around for a Safety. 

So are you saying that Scot is going to try and convince Culliver to come back for the rest of the season and play Safety or are you just trying to be funny?

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Why not just go for two like the Steelers...lol

It is going to be a little windy tonight so let's try not to rely on the kicking game. 

Why not go for two like the Steelers...lol It is going to be a little windy tonight so let's try not to rely on the kicking game. #HTTRNFL_Season_2016_WAS.png

16 minutes ago, zskins said:

Damn... Someone out there said the same thing as I did (before I did) except off by the word "just"... errieeeeeeee! lol

LOL, naw man. When I see something worth tweeting out I copy and paste it but make sure to come back and quote it. Just so you know about it.....If you or anyone doesn't want me tweeting out their stuff just let me know. 

Archived