Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com -Crowder: ProBowl Vote

SWFLSkins

As much as I would like to vote for the guy, you might as well vote in Cole Beasley or Willie Snead (Who??). They have the same stats..This is why I prefer players/coaches voting for pro bowl players and not fans trying to one up their boy over a much more deserving player..And yes I still didn't forget about Almo in 2012 or Stephen Davis in 2001

But if Crowder tears it up in the 2nd half and his stats and impact rank him up there with the best he deserves it..

The 'Skins should have 3 pro-bowl locks: Cousins, Reed, Norman.  Now, that really should be 4 with Trent, but you miss 4 games because you can't lay off the weed, you don't go to the playoffs.

If they take 3 QBs, then in the NFC, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Cousins deserve to go.  I imagine Dak will get a lot of consideration because he's the QB for the Cowboys, he's a rookie, and they're 9-1. But it should be Ryan (as starter), Brees and Cousins. 

Crowder needs to fill up the stat sheet a little more to actually have a shot. 

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The 'Skins should have 3 pro-bowl locks: Cousins, Reed, Norman

If they take 3 QBs, then in the NFC, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Cousins deserve to go.  I imagine Dak will get a lot of consideration because he's the QB for the Cowboys, he's a rookie, and they're 9-1. But it should be Ryan (as starter), 

Sadly I think Dak will get nod over Kirk. The cowboys hype train is rolling. Hopefully thanksgiving will derail it for a bit. 

Just now, Rattlesnake88 said:

Sadly I think Dak will get nod over Kirk. The cowboys hype train is rolling. Hopefully thanksgiving will derail it for a bit. 

It's very possible, and honestly, I wouldn't be that upset about it.  Dak is doing what Griffin did in 2012, which is remarkable.  And Cowboy or not, he deserves credit for that. 

If any of the 4 really probably should get dropped out, it's probably Brees, since his team isn't actually winning.  On the flip-side, if it wasn't for Brees, that team might be competing with the browns for the first overall pick.  All 4 are worthy.

What WOULD piss me off is that weasel Wilson snuck in somehow.  He's good, and the Seahawks are good.  But he's not having the season that Cousins is having. 

I am fairly sure that Pro Bowl voting is no longer separated by conference.  All players are pooled together and then team captains pick each of the teams.

Crowder won't make the Pro Bowl this season for a variety of reasons.  First, the numbers just aren't there.  Second, this is a year with a surging Dallas Cowboys team.  History has shown that, when the Cowboys are good, almost all of their players will make the Pro Bowl.  For example, in 2014 when they had a 12-4 record, 7 players from the Cowboys made the Pro Bowl...just from their offense.  In 2009, they finished with an 11-5 record and sent 9 players to the Pro Bowl, including a center who snapped the ball over his QB's head 5-10 times during the season.  Dallas will likely finish with 13+ wins this season...they are going to have a Pro Bowler at virtually every position on offense and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they have multiple (i.e. Cole Beasley and Dez Bryant, multiple OGs/OTs).  So really, this isn't a year where the benefit of the doubt is going to go to some Redskins player with 0 Pro Bowls on his resume.

Also, Kirk will not make the Pro Bowl this season.  You can book it.  His cache with the casual NFL fan is extraordinarily low.  Think about it like this - we are 1.5 years into the Kirk Cousins renaissance, and the casual analysts (NBC pre-game show, FOX halftime show) are just recently starting to say things like, "Kirk Cousins is a good QB."  Meanwhile, Derek Carr and Matt Stafford - both of whom have inferior numbers to Cousins - have been seriously discussed as MVP candidates.  Kirk is stuck in Matt Schaub land, where everything good that he does is because of his teammates and everything bad that he does is because of himself.  It would not surprise me if Cousins has fewer Pro Bowl votes than all of the following QBs: Brady, Ryan, Brees, Prescott, Carr, Wilson, Mariota, Stafford, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Rodgers, and Luck.  Honestly, it wouldn't really surprise me if he's below Bradford and Winston either.  It's not about the stats you put up, it's about your rep with the casual fan.  If you were drafted below the first round, you need to go on a massive winning streak in order for the casual fan to put you on his/her radar as a good QB.

These are the types of casual fans that Cousins will need to convince in order to get to the Pro Bowl.  The types of guys who like to feel like they know a little bit about every team in the league (rather than actually going in depth on just one team):

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2016-nfl-qb-power-rankings-week-11-dak-prescott-tom-brady-russell-wilson-111816

The only way to get through to these guys is via their fantasy teams or through winning lots of games.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:58 PM, justice98 said:

He could go as PR.

NFL.com agrees with you - and so do I. Here is an article that lists the one player from each NFC team that should be in the pro-bowl. If you add his PR duties with his receiving, Crowder is an obvious choice at 2nd in PR to Will Fuller - includes players with 10 or more PRs and 60 rec for 804 yds and 7 TDs.

This is not a slam against any other players. This is just a - out of the entire team, who should be there for sure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000759735/article/one-pro-bowlworthy-player-on-each-nfc-team

Archived