Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

Heard some talk that Bolton may being considered for National Security Advisor, LTG Flynn (R) as SecDef, and Sen Jim Inhofe as EPA Chief. Oh and apparently Ted Cruz for the Supreme Court.  You dems should have to be happy with those choices :rofl89:

I certainly am. The more buffoonish the better. Trump - making America a joke again. Let's see exactly how low he can get the GOP brand before they ditch him. Be careful though guys. In a race to the bottom, I'd always bet on Trump.

Was kind of surprised my Election 2016 thread was still going after a week.  Glad it was closed. Was going to suggest a new thread for the Donald.

I don't like his choices so far.  Preibus is a slimely weasel and Bannon is an outright bigot.

4 hours ago, brandymac27 said:

If a mod OK's it, I can change the title.

I changed my thread title several times.  You maybe exhausted because Trump will give reasons for new titles all day long. :rofl89:

I wonder if the Senate will put up much resistance. Will Republicans try to block any of these moves? Even the really unqualified ones and dangerous ones?

Most of me doubts it. The only check Trump has is a Republican Congress. Chances are, Trump gets everything he wants and in turn the Tea Party gets everything they want. Will America get anything it needs?

5 hours ago, The Sisko said:

I certainly am. The more buffoonish the better. Trump - making America a joke again. Let's see exactly how low he can get the GOP brand before they ditch him. Be careful though guys. In a race to the bottom, I'd always bet on Trump.

Ditch him? Seriously? They are scurrying like rats to get aboard the bandwagon. The Rs are utterly amoral, there is no principle or character driving their rhetoric, it is (and has been for quite a while) naked self interest and greed driving them. You see the same reflected in comments here. There will be no opposition.

Four years of unchecked venality, four years of the DoJ in the hands of Giuliani (or whoever), four years with the FBI in the tank for them, four years of stocking the judiciary with their cronies, four years of the gleeful TP trogs rubberstamping whatever lunatic **** comes out of his mouth, what chance is there that we save America herself? And what chance is there that she's even worth saving at that point.

I hear you. I don't think they'll get rid of him becsuse they're choir boys but because he makes them look stupid as the head of the party and because there's a decent chance he can't be controlled after the deer in the headlights syndrome wears off. Now if he's such a useful idiot as to be indispensable, that's a horse of a different color. I mean how often does the legislative branch get to control the executive branch? It's precisely the reason Putin was in the tank for him.

7 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

I hear you. I don't think they'll get rid of him becsuse they're choir boys but because he makes them look stupid as the head of the party and because there's a decent chance he can't be controlled after the deer in the headlights syndrome wears off. Now if he's such a useful idiot as to be indispensable, that's a horse of a different color. I mean how often does the legislative branch get to control the executive branch? It's precisely the reason Putin was in the tank for him.

It is far easier to just suppress criticism or dissent (usually as "threats to security") than it is to honestly accept other opinions and be inclusive, haven't we taken and retaken that pop quiz enough times to know the answers? Bannon, Bolton, Giuliani, Laura ****ing Ingraham as Press Sec for Gods sake? There will BE no opposition, there will BE no dissent, and there will be no disturbing noise in the carefully insulated gold-trimmed bubble of their own pathology.

I don't know whether to hope I live to see them overthrown (by force if history teaches us anything) or just punch out now.

Funny how that doesn't even taste like hyperbole now.

my_tombstone.jpg

My wife is less tuned into politics than I am.  While the election did not go the way we wanted, we talked and as I told her, I can only hope for the best, that Trump surrounds himself with good people who will counsel him through important decisions.  He succeeds, America succeeds, he fails, America fails.

Like I said, trying to convince ourselves it would be okay.  I told her to me, the biggest indicator would be if he kept Bannon out of any important role.  I don't have that anymore.

10 hours ago, brandymac27 said:

***If this is too broad of a thread title for some people, let me know. I can narrow it down to just cabinet choices, etc.

For title, I was thinking more along the lines of "Trump Administration free agency thread"  

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I wonder if the Senate will put up much resistance. Will Republicans try to block any of these moves? Even the really unqualified ones and dangerous ones?

Most of me doubts it. The only check Trump has is a Republican Congress. Chances are, Trump gets everything he wants and in turn the Tea Party gets everything they want. Will America get anything it needs?

Reality?  

(Could be a really expensive lesson, though.)  

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Reality?  

(Could be a really expensive lesson, though.)  

I don't think reality is an answer. Even if the absolute worst outcomes all present themselves, Conservatives and Republicans will blame Democrats for not stopping them and that will give them justification to vote the same policies and people all over again.

6 minutes ago, zoony said:

We do not need a carch all trump thread.  thats the one we just closed.

Why is this so difficult?  please dont pm me anymore, just check the forum rules

We do catch-all threads on this board all the time because it helps streamline discussion on a specific topic. There is a metric ****ton of discussion-worthy information available every day, and I think a lot of us would rather have that in one politics thread than spamming the board with 5+ different threads. 

10 minutes ago, zoony said:

We do not need a carch all trump thread.  thats the one we just closed.

Why is this so difficult?  please dont pm me anymore, just check the forum rules

Sooooooo........what exactly?

Is this an official "toe the party line or STFU" order? Kinda sounds like it, could use a bit o'clarification Zmeister

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

We do catch-all threads on this board all the time because it helps streamline discussion on a specific topic. There is a metric ****ton of discussion-worthy information available every day, and I think a lot of us would rather have that in one politics thread than spamming the board with 5+ different threads. 

I think it was an overreaction (probably to people like me) who enjoyed creating numerous threads to discuss important aspects. I think we've gone too far in the other direction. Global threads aren't bad for keeping up with current events, but they are inefficient means of generating real discussion or in depth analysis. Too often topics get lost, buried, or ignored in the churn of events.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

The pick I really don't get would be Giuliani for State.  Does he have any foreign affairs experience at all?

He hates foreigners :kickcan:

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think it was an overreaction (probably to people like me) who enjoyed creating numerous threads to discuss important aspects. I think we've gone too far in the other direction. Global threads aren't bad for keeping up with current events, but they are inefficient means of generating real discussion or in depth analysis. Too often topics get lost, buried, or ignored in the churn of events.

He hates foreigners :kickcan:

I can definitely see arguments for both. Reckon in the coming weeks we should have this one, a thread about the balance of power in the Democratic Party, and one about threats to our republic. At least. I'll get around to starting that last one at some point.

Two West Virginia women may be available to serve in the Trump administration if needed.  Pamela Ramsey Taylor was director of the Clay County Development Corporation.  After Trump was elected, she posted on Facebook “It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House. I’m tired of seeing a Ape [sic] in heels.” The mayor of Clay, Beverly Whaling, replied “Just made my day Pam.”   

The comments were later deleted, but images of the post have been widely seen and shared on social media.  Both women have since removed their Facebook pages.

An online petition with 14,000 signatures calls for both Taylor and Whaling to be removed from their positions.  Two-tenths of 1 percent of Clay County is African American.

The Clay County Development Corporation has removed Taylor as director.  Whaling is still mayor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/11/14/ape-in-heels-w-va-officials-under-fire-after-comments-about-michelle-obama/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_1_na-amp

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Two West Virginia women may be available to serve in the Trump administration if needed.  Pamela Ramsey Taylor was director of the Clay County Development Corporation.  After Trump was elected, she posted on Facebook “It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House. I’m tired of seeing a Ape [sic] in heels.” The mayor of Clay, Beverly Whaling, replied “Just made my day Pam.”   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/11/14/ape-in-heels-w-va-officials-under-fire-after-comments-about-michelle-obama/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_1_na-amp

That's a lot of economic anxiety.

Archived