Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

6 minutes ago, Bang said:

As i recall, the largest balloon in 2008 was Obama actually adding the cost of the war to the books, which if i recall right, had not been done in the previous administration.

~Bang

it has always been noted on the debt, just not on budget

23 minutes ago, Bang said:

As i recall, the largest balloon in 2008 was Obama actually adding the cost of the war to the books, which if i recall right, had not been done in the previous administration.

~Bang

I remember that too, and it was noted that it was purposely kept off the budget by the previous administration.

26 minutes ago, Bang said:

~Bang

I think that was the largest addition to the costs side of the ledger, but I think the more important piece was the shedding of jobs subtracting from the income side of the ledger.  Again, something that was the fault of the Bush admin but that actually happened largely in 2009. 

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, Trump gets to nominate another right wing Supreme Court Justice. Kennedy is retiring.

I hope all the Bernie Bros and all the Jill Stein lovers like Susan Sarandon are happy. They gave us this terrible Supreme Court that will be ****ing over America for the next 30 years at least. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I hope all the Bernie Bros and all the Jill Stein lovers like Susan Sarandon are happy. They gave us this terrible Supreme Court that will be ****ing over America for the next 30 years at least. 

Let's just build a damn wall and kick these people out of the country already. 

Awesome, so not only did Trump get to nominate a judge he shouldn't have been able to, but now the court is going 6-3, with Ginsburg on deck to go next......a 7-2 Conservative leaning court sounds like a great way to to hand this country off to my daughters.  Ugh.

18 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I know many republicans who disliked Trump, but voted for him just for this reason. 

Did they have any idea how their lives would actually be impacted by a conservative court?

27 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Awesome, so not only did Trump get to nominate a judge he shouldn't have been able to, but now the court is going 6-3, with Ginsburg on deck to go next......a 7-2 Conservative leaning court sounds like a great way to to hand this country off to my daughters.  Ugh.

It will still be 5-4.  Kennedy is a Reagan appointee.  The 5 will just be significantly more conservative and no potential swing vote on privacy issues. 

37 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If America wasn't in serious serious trouble before, it is now.

The present SCOTUS is already inclined to chip away at free and fair elections.  Gerrymandering keeps being declared a-ok, suppression is upheld, and the end result is that the minority that won in 2016 will be able to further and further consolidate their power, even as they shrink further and further.

It is possible, not guaranteed but also not necessarily improbable given recent elections and current trends, that we have seen the last election where a majority of voters will win a majority of seats in any federal branch of government.  And even if Dems somehow overcome the huge systemic advantages that the GOP will now lock in, they MUST do it in a census year to ensure that boundaries can be redrawn fairly or else once the wave subsides and they go back to winning popular votes by smaller percentages the GOP will go right back to winning with increasingly smaller minorities due to unchanged gerrymanders.  And of course the failure of the high court to protect against suppression of voters is equally troubling and really the only potential path to success once that's allowed is to never elect anyone who will vote for voter suppression laws.

Archived