Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

45 minutes ago, visionary said:

I bike by the White House every day  (or used to ...before the SS started shutting down Pennsylvania Ave to peds/bikes more and more and more often....)   and about half a dozen times i've seen another biker give that exact same 2-block long salute in the direction of His Most Unsavoryness 

personally, i don;t want all the little kids/tourists to have to sit through that.... but i can appreciate the sentiment.   

Re:bird salute.

I think the biggest problem is that she had reported a lot worse social media actions from one of the employees within her company and nothing was done about it. 

She self reported the photo of her and she was fired. Even though she didn't identify the company she worked for in the photo and her face isn't really visible.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Political Christian leadership has failed this country and Christianity.  I'm not sure either is going to recover in my life time.

They’ve been failing for years, with Trump it’s like they decided to slam their foot on the gas an just get it over with. I have to say that I have seen very few of my former colleagues speaking out against Trump. There are a handful but they are known liberals of whom it’s expected. The rest are silent. In that sense it feels like 1930’s Germany when the clergy failed to speak out because their theology was too closely tied to the state. 

41 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Jill Vogel keeps campaigning against Justin Fairfax by saying he supports single payer healthcare.  I got a mailer about it.  LOL thanks for the tip moron.  You just made me want to vote for him even more.

Yeah, they don't seem to realize that some sort of universal healthcare is becoming more and more popular by the day.

VA's elections today. The standard pundit line is "This is the weather vane for Trump's administration"

Either people vote for Northam because they're angry about Trump

or Gillespie wins because people are angry for Trump

I don't know if that's true but they basically crafted a narrative that can be proven positive with either outcome. The take away: people are angry.

The trouble with wanting to support a democrat in virginia right now, if you don't identify as a democrat, is that you're listening to the democrats **** and **** and **** about how the other side (and by extension, the people supporting the other side) are racist/sexist/etc and how everything the republicans support is bad for the country (poor people, minorities, etc) but this election will simply come down to turnout... and whether the side that says this is all about the worst things imaginable is the one that might not show up. Everything is so important and terrible, yet they can't be bothered to show up and vote.

The issues with wanting to support a republican is that majority of the GOP is unwilling to be critical of Trump (much less refuse to support him) and that carriers some obvious implications for anyone who's willing to vote Republican but thinks Trump (and the agenda he's pushing) is terrible. Additionally the state legislature is very R right now, so if you put a republican in governor you've ceded control of the state to the Rs for the time being.

It was weird because the race seemed like a good one for a while. It was the type of race that made me like that VA is the way it is.

Then in the last several weeks it turned nasty. Really nasty. It became a race that makes me hate politics. The polls showed the cap between Gillespie and Northam shrinking during that time. Go figure.

Gillespie went extremely negative because he's trying to depress turnout.  That's what negative campaigning does.  Republicans win state races in VA with low turnout.  The border is 42% turnout.  North of that: Democrats win.  South: Republicans.  It's going to be a rainy day in Hampton Roads.  Turnout was **** when I went.  I expect this to be a very low turnout election because everyone hates Trump (and by extension politics itself) so much that they don't want to think about it.  Gillespie is probably going to win.  Hooray.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Gillespie went extremely negative because he's trying to depress turnout.  That's what negative campaigning does.  Republicans win state races in VA with low turnout.  The border is 42% turnout.  North of that: Democrats win.  South: Republicans.  It's going to be a rainy day in Hampton Roads.  Turnout was **** when I went.  I expect this to be a very low turnout election because everyone hates Trump (and by extension politics itself) so much that they don't want to think about it.  Gillespie is probably going to win.  Hooray.

My polling place was *packed* today. Like twice as crowded as when I voted there last year which is insane for an off year election vs a presidential election. May just be when I voted but I’m not sure. Voted approx mid-morning both times. 

My prescinct leans Dem, but there are a ton of older educated white retirees (golf community). Maybe this demographic is turning against Trumpism? Haven’t seen evidence of that in polling. Could be they’re energized by Trumpism for all I know. 

I do know (anecdotally) that many people in my area weren’t necessarily on the Trump train but also really had negative feelings about Hillary. So maybe without a turnout anchor at the top of the ticket, people will finally be out in force against Trumpism. 

Archived