Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Trump will leave office with a historically bad economic record

President Donald Trump still can't accept the numbers measuring his loss to Joe Biden: more than 7 million popular votes and 74 electoral votes.

But another set of numbers adds insult to his psychological injury. They show that -- notwithstanding lies as promiscuous as the ones he tells about election fraud -- Trump will leave office in January with a historically bad record on the economy.

That sounds discordant since many Americans believe the economic fable that Trump has repeated relentlessly throughout his term. But placing his bottom-line results alongside those of his predecessors paints a deeply unflattering portrait.

Alone among the 13 presidents since World War Two, Trump will exit the White House with fewer Americans employed than when he started. He will have overseen punier growth in economic output than any of the previous 12 presidents.

His throwback "America First" agenda has failed to restore the old economic engine that powered an earlier era's prosperity. On Trump's watch, industrial production has fallen. The Federal Reserve says the manufacturing sector fell into recession in 2019 even before the coronavirus pandemic hit.

Last week was the 38th in a row in which at least 700,000 Americans filed first-time claims for unemployment benefits.

"Trump's economic record ranks near or at the bottom compared with other presidents," concludes Moody's chief economist Mark Zandi, who compared the economic results of all presidents from the last 70 years. "The economy under his watch has performed very poorly."

Click on the link for the full article

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/5.pdf

• House Democrats shared an internal Trump administration spreadsheet from October where staff vetted some celebrities – the majority of them known liberal figures – for participation in the vaccination public awareness campaign, with sometimes hilarious notations

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Barr resigns, effective December 23.

Jeez, after reading that letter, I’m guessing their little meeting went like:

Barr: I’m resigning.

Trump: Billy, if you don’t want me to instruct my minions to take your head, you better get over here and suck my dick.

Just now, redskinss said:

What is the purpose of resigning with only a month to go?

Barr failed Trump. He didn't "Comey" Biden and wouldn't manufacture false evidence to indicate the election was rigged. Barr did not resign. This was a firing. Bill was just allowed the dignity of the resignation termination... or got his paperwork in before Trump could tweet the ax.

Just now, Long n Left said:

Jeez, after reading that letter, I’m guessing their little meeting went like:

Barr: I’m resigning.

Trump: Billy, if you don’t want me to instruct my minions to take your head, you better get over here and suck my dick.

Sorry, thought the filters would catch that😱

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Barr failed Trump. He didn't "Comey" Biden and wouldn't manufacture false evidence to indicate the election was rigged. Barr did not resign. This was a firing. Bill was just allowed the dignity of the resignation termination... or got his paperwork in before Trump could tweet the ax.

That leads me to my next question then.

What is the point of firing an attorney General with only a month left to go?

Just now, Long n Left said:

Sorry, thought the filters would catch that😱

Were you hoping we'd infer it was supposed to be lollipop?

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The same point as firing a Secretary of Defense. If you're an honest operator none. You know you are weakening the country and causing instability during a transition. If you are a dishonest operator, you may think that by installing these loyalists you can pull off your coup.

42 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Maybe to get someone who would cross a line Barr wouldn’t even pass??  Martial law attempt being considered in the future? Or as Trumpers  say Marshall Law. 

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

The true crazies have turned on Barr, believe it or not.  He too is now part of the Deep State, according to the Parler morons, because of a number of perceived sins.  So this is Trump throwing a bone to those hard-core MAGA nuts.

Trump’s drug-card plan smacks into another roadblock

The White House is trying to surmount a previously unreported hurdle in its bid to make good on President Donald Trump’s campaign promise to give senior citizens $200 in drug-discount cards: An industry panel says the cards don’t meet the government’s own standards.

Trump’s plan, which blindsided health officials in September, came as the president sought to reverse declining poll numbers among “our wonderful seniors” by bragging about giving $200 to most Medicare beneficiaries, declaring “Joe Biden won’t be doing this.”

But the spontaneous giveaway of $7.8 billion in federal funds quickly ran into opposition within the administration, and Trump largely stopped talking about it.

Now, with six weeks left in Trump’s term, the administration’s Medicare team has put together a revised plan — which was circulated inside the administration on Tuesday, with instructions to expedite approval — to start sending letters to 39 million beneficiaries within the next week, touting the drug-discount cards. The cards would then arrive across December and January, according to four officials with knowledge of the plan.

However, the White House is still contending with an unforeseen obstacle: resistance from an industry consortium known as the Special Interest Group for Inventory Information Approval System Standards, or SIGIS. It sets the standards for health benefit cards at the direction of the Internal Revenue Service.

The consortium has spent weeks rebuffing Trump's proposed drug cards, raising concerns that the president's planned one-time $200 discount cards weren't consistent with the other cards it regulates, which are used to shop for medical goods and services, the officials said. The group, which helps govern electronic transactions at point-of-sale, balked at Trump's effort to limit the cards to be used solely for drugs, which SIGIS maintains would require them to make an exception to the standards that are used to program other cards.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived