Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

So Trump is just now casually talking about assassination plots of foreign leaders?  I mean, I was a little young at the time but I've read about CIA backed coup attempts to install U.S. corporate friendly leaders in parts of the world, but we are now at the point where the President just goes on cables news programs and openly discusses plans (possibly fake) to assassinate world leaders?  That's......interesting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My brother lived in Reedville VA and that was Trump and Tea Party country. Always depressing to travel down there.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

So Trump is just now casually talking about assassination plots of foreign leaders?  I mean, I was a little young at the time but I've read about CIA backed coup attempts to install U.S. corporate friendly leaders in parts of the world, but we are now at the point where the President just goes on cables news programs and openly discusses plans (possibly fake) to assassinate world leaders?  That's......interesting.

The Asshole wants to be just like Putin. He needs to go.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 5
9 minutes ago, China said:

I have only seen Biden signs here in the DC area, and especially Falls Church.

i keep seeing this sign thing come up, and i would call it a nothingburger as some indicator of size of support (it's about the nature of most of his supporters)

there's some major reasons why trump enthusiasts  are way more sign-y in that way than their opposition but i don't feel like typing it all out

bottom line in terms of the typcial inference---it doesn't mean anything in itself when used as a data point to infer a numbers advantage overall in supporters

it has to do with certain long-held thoughts and feelings prevalent in the head noises of this trumpy constituency compared to their opposition

• Like 3

I don’t put signs up because I don’t want people to think I draw my identity from some allegiance to a political party

but it’s temping to buy the biggest Biden/Harris and black lives matter signs I can find and put them on my property by the road. I’d never even see them but I know it would greatly irritate a ton of people around me

And one thing that’s changed a lot with me recently is I’m willing to spend quite a bit of money for the sole purpose of being spiteful. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Trump Ad Asks People to Support the Troops.

But it Uses a Picture of Russian Jets.

Politico

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/14/trump-ad-asks-people-to-support-the-troops-but-it-uses-a-picture-of-russian-jets-414883

A digital ad released by a fundraising arm of the Trump campaign on Sept. 11 calling on people to “support our troops” uses a stock photo of Russian-made fighter jets and Russian models dressed as soldiers.

Eh63PpDXsAErNb-.jpg

The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them. The ad first appeared on Sept. 8 and ran until Sept. 12.

“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.” He noted the angle of the aircraft’s tail, the way the tail is swept far back, and the spacing of the engines, along with  the tunnel between them.

Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, confirmed that the planes are Russian MiG-29s, and also said the soldier on the far right in the ad carries an AK-74 assault rifle.

. . .

[Here's the kicker:] After this story was published, the creator of the image, Arthur Zakirov, confirmed in a Facebook message that it shows a 3D model of a MiG-29, and that the soldiers were Russian models. He said it was a composite photo created five years ago and taken in three different countries showing Russian sky, Greek mountains and French ground.

So the ad - by Trump's "Make America Great Again" Committee - uses Russian planes and Russian models, in a background showing Russia, Greece, and France. There is literally nothing in the ad that is American other than the trite, hollow slogan to support American troops.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Down here in Socal (La County, Orange County, San Bernardino County) I've seen 10/1 Trump to Biden lawn signs. My brother and I are working on 3 houses in San Bernardino and the further you drive into the sticks, the more Trump signage you see. One of the homes we're working on nearby my house is planning a boat/golf cart parade for the Orange guy. A lot of Trumpage there, one even has the matching Dukes of Hazard General Lee in the driveway. I'm glad they're coming out, that way I know who to stay away from. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Step 1 to fixing any problem is to identify it. The signs and the hats help to identify the people that are the problem.

i do a lot of  back-roads driving and whenever i see those signs one of the things that goes through my mind is 'coordinates'

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, GibbsGreen11 said:

Down here in Socal (La County, Orange County, San Bernardino County) I've seen 10/1 Trump to Biden lawn signs. My brother and I are working on 3 houses in San Bernardino and the further you drive into the sticks, the more Trump signage you see. One of the homes we're working on nearby my house is planning a boat/golf cart parade for the Orange guy. A lot of Trumpage there, one even has the matching Dukes of Hazard General Lee in the driveway. I'm glad they're coming out, that way I know who to stay away from. 

I went hiking outside Madison, WI over Labor Day weekend and it was all Trump signage there.  A lot of my friends in Chicago from smaller towns say their FB feed is almost all pro-Trump propaganda.

I imagine theres a good number of skittish Biden voters who aren't as vocal after the Dems got pantsed in 2016, but I won't believe anything at this point. 2018 definitely didn't bode well for the Republicans, so theres that too.

3 hours ago, wrilbo67 said:

I went hiking outside Madison, WI over Labor Day weekend and it was all Trump signage there.  A lot of my friends in Chicago from smaller towns say their FB feed is almost all pro-Trump propaganda.

I imagine theres a good number of skittish Biden voters who aren't as vocal after the Dems got pantsed in 2016, but I won't believe anything at this point. 2018 definitely didn't bode well for the Republicans, so theres that too.

I imagine it is the same in a lot of places, including here in NorCal.  Places where a lot of people live tend to be Biden supporters or just not vocal about advertising their preferred candidate either way, but in any direction you go once you get to the backwoods, or hills, or middle of nowhere you start to see Trump signs.  To me it is very telling that people who are isolated from the rest of society tend to likely buy into the "They're coming to get you" rhetoric of not only Trump but the GOP in general.  These are people who don't likely mix/mingle with the general citizens very much outside of driving into town to get the necessities.  

Me and some pals do a lot of disc golfing and a month or so back we were headed to a course up at Donner Ski resort (in summer months when there is now snow they turn the resort into a course) and we stopped into a gas station.  I had my mask on and the cashier lady told me "Oh you don't need to wear that thing, there ain't nothing to be afraid of here"  I quickly sped up the pace of my transaction so I could get the hell out of there.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It’s against the law to assasinate other leaders. Thought a law was passed during the Ford administration, to stop that practice.

Thought experiment.  What is worse: reconciling your differences with foreign leaders by assassinating them, or by sending your kids over there to kill their kids?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

\What is worse: reconciling your differences with foreign leaders by assassinating them, or by sending your kids over there to kill their kids?

i'm retired, i don't have to reconcile anything anymore

vive la liberation

and i don't have kids

i have to do all my own killing and no tax breaks like breeders get

you listened to the billy jack theme song on your headphones  before posting that, didn't you ;)

• Haha 2