brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

The fence around the white house is to prepare for the national zoo's newest attraction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hoping Trump gets used to living inside a cage.

~Bang

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Rudy unhinged

Hide contents

is it me or does he look like he’s been sniffing coke? What’s the white stuff around his mouth? Powdered donut maybe or does he spray tan like his bed fellow Trump.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

The Jewish Vampire demographic is key for his re-election.

Glad someone agrees with me. Been calling that dude "Vampire Lt Col." For a minute

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Just think about the implications of the fact that Donald Trump is asking for advice from Jared Kushner.  

Just think about the implications of the fact that the nation is coming apart at the seams yet Donald Trump’s sole focus is on his re-election.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, visionary said:

Hey Donald, live your birthday like it’s your last! With any luck that’ll be the case.

Edited by Dan T.

20 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Hey Donald, live your birthday like it’s your last! With any luck that’ll be the case.

image.png.2926b25a5417a920d56e129940296772.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Approve of the job he's doing:  37%

Would vote for him right now:  45%

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Thanks to Neil "Corporations Are People" Gorsuch, they'll probably win.  Hooray, now little orphan Timmy won't have to suffer a life with gays and instead have a nice fulfilling life at the orphanage eating gruel.

• Like 1

Very good jobs numbers put out today. They seem in opposition to other reports though. Is it terrible that I don’t trust the government to produce an accurate report anymore. I keep wondering if this is a work of fiction. 

Tell me I’m wrong and too cynical. 

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Very good jobs numbers put out today. They seem in opposition to other reports though. Is it terrible that I don’t trust the government to produce an accurate report anymore. I keep wondering if this is a work of fiction. 

Tell me I’m wrong and too cynical. 

It does seem a little bit robust.

50 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It does seem a little bit robust.

I'd have to look into more but what I understand the majority of growth was hospitality related. Any drop in unemployment is good but I'm curious to go through the more detailed information. 

I think the big thing is going to be if they decide not to extend the extra unemployment benefits. That may force more people back into the workforce or cause a cascade effect of debt and/or inability to pay existing debt for people unable to return.

And of course Trump is taking a victory lap over almost 13.5% unemployment. It's really good that people are getting their jobs back but I still worry that there's going to be WAY too much celebrating WAY too soon, which could lead to many more places opening up way too fast. COVID-19 deaths are still holding at over 1,000 per day, despite NYC not having ANY...that means it's absolutely made its way into many other places. Stock Market is up obviously, but nowadays the SM rarely reflects the overall economy and mostly just reflects the upper tier investor class (because we know pretty much as a fact now that corporate gains almost never go back into building the workforce in the U.S.)

Its completely reasonable to question everything the government puts out at this point. Especially if it favors Trump. If someone wants to ignore the fact that they are verified and frequent liars, fine. But then I will add you to the list. 

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its completely reasonable to question everything the government puts out at this point. Especially if it favors Trump. If someone wants to ignore the fact that they are verified and frequent liars, fine. But then I will add you to the list. 

I have typically not been one to question BLS. However, I have noticed a recent trend where they announce the labor numbers then when the adjustments are made, it's almost always a major adjustment down. It's is normal for there to be changes from month to month and for the initial numbers to be off one way or the other. But in general they tend to balance out - sometimes high sometimes low. In fact the measurement method for short term unemployment is so crude it is guaranteed to be off. But it should be about even high/low. But again it seems - going off memory so I maybe wrong - that almost every BLS correction the last 18 months or so have been down. Maybe one or two up but almost all down. 

Could that be coincidence? Sure. It's possible. But considering all the other lying this administration has done they have lost the benefit of the doubt. 

Having said all that, these numbers are probably not far off. I would expect a big wave as states re-open their economies. But where will the wave stop and return to a trickle? Will be interesting to see. 

• Thanks 1