Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

The inspector general  fired Friday was looking into Pompeo’s "misuse of a political appointee at the Department to perform personal tasks for himself and Mrs. Pompeo.”

If that's all it is, then that's not a big scandal to me.  Because he's a political appointee.  If he were ordering civil servants to do that, I'd be more angry.  

And, of course, if the tasks themselves are a problem, that's anther matter.  

43 minutes ago, Larry said:

If that's all it is, then that's not a big scandal to me.  Because he's a political appointee.  If he were ordering civil servants to do that, I'd be more angry.  

And, of course, if the tasks themselves are a problem, that's anther matter.  

The bigger scandal is firing the IG for investigating the matter. 

And government workers, whether political appointees or not, are not servants used to handle household tasks. 

20 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

The bigger scandal is firing the IG for investigating the matter. 

Agreed.  

20 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

And government workers, whether political appointees or not, are not servants used to handle household tasks. 

Sorry.  At least in my imagination, if, say, SECSTATE tells the Assistand Deputy Undersecretary for Muslim-Hindu relations to go fetch Subway for everybody, I'm OK with that.  He probably got the job for working the most volunteer hours in the campaign office in Des Moines, anyway.  

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Agreed.  

Sorry.  At least in my imagination, if, say, SECSTATE tells the Assistand Deputy Undersecretary for Muslim-Hindu relations to go fetch Subway for everybody, I'm OK with that.  He probably got the job for working the most volunteer hours in the campaign office in Des Moines, anyway.  

How about painting Pompeii’s house, for example?  Or doing yard work or house renovations?

Fetching lunch during a workday could be construed as work related, but given that “Mrs. Pompeo” was reportedly a recipient of work done leads me to believe it was beyond any scope of “ work-related.”  I guess we’ll hear more, fired IG notwithstanding. 

Anyone remember a while back (I've got no sense of time anymore 🙄)...when Pompeo's security detail said they felt "like UberEats with guns" because they were picking up food & dry cleaning more than anything else? 

He's a grifter like the rest of em. 

Saw a snippet of Chuck Todd today.  He was saying that he understands what Trump is doing.  He's trying to attack what he thinks is Biden's biggest strength, which is Barack Obama.  

But I'm thinking that if I'm Joe Biden, and Trump wants to make this election about Trump vs Obama, then please don't throw me in that briar patch.  

Fired the IG for investigating making someone walk his dog?  Gotta be more then that, or that's wasting political capital, even if it's true.

Investigate Trump administration for wanting Democrats to die from coronavirus to win the election, that's where to point that gun at. 

tenor (28).gif

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fired the IG for investigating making someone walk his dog?  Gotta be more then that, or that's wasting political capital, even if it's true.

Investigate Trump administration for wanting Democrats to die from coronavirus to win the election, that's where to point that gun at.

Except that it is an abuse of their position and tax-payer money.  Even in non-political settings, an employer cannot task an employee with such personal tasks.

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Except that it is an abuse of their position and tax-payer money.  Even in non-political settings, an employer cannot task an employee with such personal tasks.

I feel like the Trump admin does worse than that on a per-minute basis.  

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

See if it ties to the thing on track to kill 100,000+ people by 4th of July then.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like the Trump admin does worse than that on a per-minute basis.  

It seems like we have to take what we can get thanks to the ****-stains filling up the senate and judiciary.  I say investigate them for every petty thing you can.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

And Pompeo's wife has a security detail, but holds no office or position to warrant FEDERAL employees running errands for her. 

Iirc, we had a judge get busted for the same thing here a few years back. Power makes people do nutty things with it. 🤬

Archived