brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

31 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont know why hes so worried about it to be honest. We all know his followers and those on the sideline really wont care if they show anything. It doesn't even have to be arguable. None of their arguments even make sense anymore. Whats one more? 

This is why the pee tape never made sense. He has no shame. His base doesn't care about anything no matter what he does. So how could they use it against him?

• Like 1

I have to admit to an odd sort of admiration for the people who work for him and are in meetings where he says these absolutely off-the-rails stupid things and are able to still sit there with a straight face and/or nod and not either laugh or just gape at him in wonder. They're all still probably scummy people, but god damn that must take some self control. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I have to admit to an odd sort of admiration for the people who work for him and are in meetings where he says these absolutely off-the-rails stupid things and are able to still sit there with a straight face and/or nod and not either laugh or just gape at him in wonder. They're all still probably scummy people, but god damn that must take some self control. 

They have 5 thumbtacks jammed into each hand to keep them distracted...

• Haha 4

I am sure that 360 lb. walking, talking tub of Big Macs and Kentucky Fried Chicken masquerading as President has to flush HIS toilet 10 to 15 times.

^^^ But how many times did the White House have to flush to get rid of THAT word diarrhea?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I am sure that 360 lb. walking, talking tub of Big Macs and Kentucky Fried Chicken masquerading as President has to flush HIS toilet 10 to 15 times.

^^^ But how many times did the White House have to flush to get rid of THAT word diarrhea?

But we need more efficient toilets so we can do this:

tenor.gif?itemid=7266233

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I swear, Trump is a child about everything, from Thanksgiving dinner, to toilets to his Space Force, hell he even makes vroom, vroom noises when he gets to sit in a truck...

2622.jpg?width=1280&quality=85&auto=form

And yet, no one is willing to stand up to this child, it's almost like...

• Like 2

About this whole food stamps thing.

I was watching the daily show and they showed a clip that said trump was trying to make it more difficult for states to bypass a law that says able bodied adults with no children must work 20 hours a week to qualify for food stamps.

Now I consider myself a pretty left leaning independent and I'm all for social assistance and helping those less fortunate but I gotta say I didn't hear that clip and get outraged. 

I found myself pretty much in agreement with it.

Am I missing something?

Somebody explain to me why its unreasonable to expect able bodied adults with no children to be able to feed themselves?

I'm very open minded about this so please give me your opinions and maybe I'll change mine but right now all I see is an attempt to reduce assistance to people who shouldn't get it.

• Like 1

Since people can't even afford rent on a minimum wage job, it stands to reason that they can't afford food either.  It's only $7.50/hour. This article from June states this.  I'm paying close to half of my Social Security for a one bedroom here in Cedar Park TX and am pretty broke after paying Medicare supplement and car/renters insurance and electric and food. So yeah, I get it viscerally. The irony is that I get too much, according to SNAP guidelines, and don't qualify. And I can't work.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/minimum-wage-workers-cannot-afford-2-bedroom-rental-anywhere-in-the-us.html

This all goes directly to my point that people who get government assistance from any program are tracked by their Social Security numbers and their employers are taxed for the amount of dollars expended. Employers don't pay living wages because the taxpayers are picking up their responsibility.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4

Everything you just said is true and I agree with it but it still doesn't address fraud, which despite some people's opinion is an actual problem. 

I've seen it several times myself, where able bodied people intentionally keep their income low so they qualify for assistance they shouldn't. 

I guess it really is impossible to help all those who truly need it and none of those who do not but it sure would be nice if we could figure it out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I've seen it several times myself, where able bodied people intentionally keep their income low so they qualify for assistance they shouldn't. 

I have no doubt at all that such things exist. A lot. 

But my preferred solution for that would be a rule that, for every dollar a person earns, his benefits can not go down by more than 25 cents. 

I want to make it to everyone on welfare's financial advantage to become a double dipper, and get welfare AND a job. 

As I understand it, there's other disincentives to work that are tougher to get rid of. I understand there's a lot of "yeah, a job would give me more money, but not enough to pay for day care".  And I can understand that that might be a problem, too. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

As I understand it, there's other disincentives to work that are tougher to get rid of. I understand there's a lot of "yeah, a job would give me more money, but not enough to pay for day care".  And I can understand that that might be a problem, too. 

Yes that's a huge problem, it's only getting worse, and it's not just social assistance either.

Its taxes health care etc, etc.

My best friends wife has the option to work 40 hours a week but only works 29 because if she works more than that she cant be on his health insurance and the extra 11 hours wouldn't even come close to covering her health care.

I know people who deliberately work less hours because there's no incentive to work 40.

They can work 40 and get almost no assistance or they can work part time and have the state pick up the difference.

Its kind of human nature to not work hours if theres no advantage to doing so, and because of that there are a lot of people who I wouldn't consider to be scrupulously dishonest playing the system. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Everything you just said is true and I agree with it but it still doesn't address fraud, which despite some people's opinion is an actual problem. 

Wouldn't that be a seperate problem though? 

Not to get twisted into a battle of definitions but the intent of social programs themselves isn't to root out corruption. 

Not saying i know how to create a system that prevents fraud through.

15 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Wouldn't that be a seperate problem though? 

Not to get twisted into a battle of definitions but the intent of social programs themselves isn't to root out corruption. 

Not saying i know how to create a system that prevents fraud through.

It is definitely a seperate problem but obviously linked.

It's also one of the reasons it's hard to compromise because if you asked Republicans the overwhelming majority support social assistance for people who need it but I think there desire to not allow free loaders outweighs their desire to help those that need it. 

It's a shame because I think most people agree on most of the subject but politics always gets in the way

Edited by redskinss

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It's a shame because I think most people agree on most of the subject but politics always gets in the way

Really OT but this is why i wish there was a candidate running that was truly all-in on one issue.

I don't know how to fix the problems but surely fixing one thing helps other things. Healthcare/poverty/employment/education are all linked. 

• Like 2

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/scientists-earth-endangered-by-new-strain-of-fact-resistant-humans?fbclid=IwAR2PTFxFBC8sQhz2E5rFDMfwb5nFCDX2gM0VZKn18Gclcatcu23ScFhSG-w

Not sure what thread this belongs in but it works pretty good here.

I just looked and didn't realize it was that old, from 2015.

Edited by redskinss