Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Why did we have to bomb our own bases? Seems indicative of short notice.

A few days is certainly short notice, but it is not 24hrs.

we regularly destroy equipment and munitions we cannot remove.

27 minutes ago, twa said:

A few days is certainly short notice, but it is not 24hrs.

we regularly destroy equipment and munitions we cannot remove.

We began withdrawing immediately:

Defense officials and observers on the ground said the small contingent of U.S. forces had already begun withdrawing from the border area. The troops were participating in joint patrols under a U.S.-Turkish agreement to establish a safe zone on the Syrian side that now appears to be moot.

A senior administration official, who spoke to reporters on the condition of anonymity, said the 50 to 100 troops in the safe-zone area would be redeployed elsewhere in Syria.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-to-pull-troops-from-northern-syria-as-turkey-readies-offensive/2019/10/07/a965e466-e8b3-11e9-bafb-da248f8d5734_story.html

If we had negotiated an organized withdrawal the munitions could have been transported out and Kurdish lives could have been saved. 

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Thanks 1

We have been negotiating for a long time, the Kurds were not willing to withdraw or negotiate giving up territory.

The Turks were tired of waiting

add

the Turks lost some lives as well as a result.

Edited by twa
7 minutes ago, twa said:

We have been negotiating for a long time, the Kurds were not willing to withdraw or negotiate giving up territory.

add

C'mon, man! Your position is Erdogan told Trump to get U.S. forces out of the way immediately and doing so was the best Trump could do.

Edited by RedskinsFan44
13 minutes ago, twa said:

add

Trolling is HARD sometimes.  Sometimes it's better to not even try.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

C'mon, man! Your position is Erdogan told Trump to get U.S. forces out of the way immediately and doing so was the best Trump could do.

my position is what I have posted

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

This reminds me of the Redskins thing. Seriously no one cares that the most overtly racist president to ever hold office in this country the word lynching. I dont even care if republicans take issue with it. We already know he doesn't like blacks and that the rest of them profit off of keeping us back in one form or another. Who cares if he said one word that to me is more representative of southern whites than it is of blacks. 

At least it gives Lindsey Graham something to agree with Trump on this week. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

At least it gives Lindsey Graham something to agree with Trump on this week. 

Yea Graham needed to make up some ground this week. His usual desirous lolloping of all things Trump wouldn't do after last week. 

eww

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, twa said:

add

Don't defend Trump on this this is a foreign policy ****-up of Obama proportions (Heck who would have thought Trump would do the same thing his predecessor did). 

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Don't defend Trump on this this is a foreign policy ****-up of Obama proportions (Heck who would have thought Trump would do the same thing his predecessor did). 

****ing **** dude. What Obama did was honor an agreement that the United States of America (under President Bush) had made to remove our military from another nation (after we fought a war there over reasons that the GOP fabricated) before he ever took office.

And look, there are PLENTY of legitimate foreign policy decisions Obama made that deserve criticism. You’re just making yourself look silly here though.

edit: And let’s be honest, it’s not just “HERE”. Literally EVERY ****ing post from you is “but what about the dems?!?!” At least twa is portraying a character (somewhat). This is the actual product of your synaptic neurotransmissions.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

****ing **** dude. What Obama did was honor an agreement that the United States of America (under President Bush) had made to remove our military from another nation (after we fought a war there over reasons that the GOP fabricated) before he ever took office.

How many times have we gone over this? I'd bet my house I know more about this than any poster on this board and I've explained and shown what that agreement and plan was multiple times and yet you go right back to the start point over and over again to defend Obama.  Trump worshipers and Obama worshipers, can't get anything through their thick heads.

Edited by nonniey
21 minutes ago, nonniey said:

How many times have we gone over this? I'd bet my house I know more about this than any poster on this board and I've explained and shown what that agreement and plan was and multiple times and yet you go right back to the start point over and over again to defend Obama.  Trump sycophants and Obama sycophants can't get anything through their thick heads.

What's your house worth?

https://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/world/20081119_SOFA_FINAL_AGREED_TEXT.pdf

Article 24 Withdrawal of the United States Forces from Iraq

Recognizing the performance and increasing capacity of the Iraqi Security Forces, the assumption of full security responsibility by those Forces, and based upon the strong relationship between the Parties, an agreement on the following has been reached:

1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than December 31, 2011.

We can all agree that the initial agreement was to remove all troops, right? It says so right there.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/may/18/jeb-bush/obama-refused-sign-plan-place-leave-10000-troops-i/

I think I see where you get confused. Jeb Bush claimed that there was a deal in place for the US to leave 10,000 troops in Iraq.

Obama reportedly did consider leaving up to 10,000 troops in strategic locations after the exit, but that plan faced opposition both in the United States and in Iraq. Obama ruled out a force that size during an August 2011 conference call.

Negotiations led to the idea of a smaller, continuous force of 3,500 troops, with up to 1,500 more rotating in and out, and about a half-dozen F-16’s. But this plan ran into several roadblocks, including the insistence by Washington that those troops be immune to Iraqi  -- although not American -- prosecution should they commit a crime.

Austin Long, a Columbia University international and public affairs professor, said al-Maliki allegedly supported the residual force and may have signed a new plan, but the Iraqi parliament would not. Facing the prospect of a weak agreement that didn’t protect remaining troops the way the United States wanted, when neither Baghdad nor Washington wanted to leave them there, negotiations broke down. No new agreement was reached, and no residual force was formed. There has been plenty of debate whether it was Washington or Baghdad that was more intractable on a new agreement.

Remember that the country was considered relatively stable in 2011; ISIS elements existed prior to that, but largely formed into the force it is today after American troops left -- and mostly in Syria at first.

Christopher Preble, vice president for defense and foreign policy studies at the Cato Institute, said a recent Iraqi delegation to the institute agreed the terms of the planned renewal could not have passed parliament.

"They said that the Iraqi government was too weak, and unwilling to go against the wishes of those Iraqis who wanted the Americans to leave," Preble said.

Obama thought about trying to leave troops in place, but decided against it. But even if he had made the offer, the chances of Iraq approving it were nonexistent. So you're blaming him for failing to do something that he realistically could not do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Switchgear said:

What's your house worth?

https://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/world/20081119_SOFA_FINAL_AGREED_TEXT.pdf

Article 24 Withdrawal of the United States Forces from Iraq

Recognizing the performance and increasing capacity of the Iraqi Security Forces, the assumption of full security responsibility by those Forces, and based upon the strong relationship between the Parties, an agreement on the following has been reached:

1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than December 31, 2011.

We can all agree that the initial agreement was to remove all troops, right? It says so right there.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/may/18/jeb-bush/obama-refused-sign-plan-place-leave-10000-troops-i/

I think I see where you get confused. Jeb Bush claimed that there was a deal in place for the US to leave 10,000 troops in Iraq.

Obama thought about trying to leave troops in place, but decided against it. But even if he had made the offer, the chances of Iraq approving it were nonexistent. So you're blaming him for failing to do something that he realistically could not do.

Switch I was there in Iraq and part of the planning and execution (and observed the deliberate sabotage of the plan by the Obama administration).

Edited by nonniey
25 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Switch I was there in Iraq and part of the planning and execution (and observed the deliberate sabotage of the plan by the Obama administration).

Do you understand political reality? Even if the Obama administration had pushed to leave troops in place (which they didn't, we can all also agree on that) the Iraqi parliament was not going to accept the agreement.

• Like 1