Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

From that Mother Jones article...

One brochure claimed that “more carbon dioxide will help everyone, including future generations of our families” and that the “recent increase in CO2 levels has had a measurable, positive effect on plant life,” apparently because the greenhouse gas will make plants grow faster.

Hey look...its like certain posters here are writing this stuff. 🙄

That's...holy ****, that's some Captain Planet villain-level **** right there. I don't even know what else to say. 

I'm sorry, I did come up with a few more words. This is absolutely evil and this kind of rhetoric is going to lead to an inhabitable planet and (continued) mass extinction. Hope it was worth it to "trigger the libs" you absolute nitwits.  

right after the election i made comments about don and his henchmen (which to be fair, i thought flynn would still be in play until he wasn't) would certainly have a wag-the-dog plan or two in their governing repertoire (many others have talked about it) and i think most folks who did probably think of kim & no korea 

but maybe it's gonne be Venezuela. :D..

it'd be pretty good timing, esp. if any aspects of mueller's work is coming out in the next 3-6 months, and he'd be setting himself up for tons of bs spin/praise (just picture it) and cast himself a great military leader and bold freedom fighter for brown people

and no the oil and any supposed shady dealings you heard about some time back about land and mineral rights there and closeby regions being purchased by companies connected to minuchin and ross, i believe, were never substantiated and aren't relevant even if they were if it does happen....according to rudy :evil:

George Will is hot fire recently.  For most of Trump's tenure, the traditional conservative thinker has been avoiding Trump-related columns at all cost, writing about Europe/Brexit and civil forfeiture and constitutional law.  Something seems to have broken in his brain in the last week.  

Last Friday he wrote "The shabbiest U.S. president ever is an inexpressibly sad specimen."

His column today:

Why do people such as Lindsey Graham come to Congress?

I want to cut and paste the whole thing, but that might be too much.  So I'll summarize some of it.

First he calls Graham a windsock, then "a gastrointestinal challenge."  Then this:

In the past three years, he had a road-to-Damascus conversion.

In 2015, he said Donald Trump was a “jackass.” In February 2016, he said: “I’m not going to try to get into the mind of Donald Trump, because I don’t think there’s a whole lot of space there. I think he’s a kook, I think he’s crazy, I think he’s unfit for office.” And: “I’m a Republican and he’s not. He’s not a conservative Republican. He’s an opportunist.” Today, Graham, paladin of conservatism and scourge of opportunism, says building the border wall is an existential matter for the GOP: “If we undercut the president, that’s the end of his presidency and the end of our party.” Well.

Then Will goes on a 2 paragraph interlude about Abe Lincoln, the Morrill Act of 1862, and the defeat of fascism and then communism because George Will is gonna George Will.  Stay with me here.  

Now, however, Graham, whose mind might not have a whole lot of space for pertinent history, thinks this party’s identity and survival depend on servile obedience to this president’s myopia.

During the government shutdown, Graham’s tergiversations — sorry, this is the precise word — have amazed. On a recent day, in 90 minutes he went from “I don’t know” whether the president has the power to declare an emergency and divert into wall-building funds appropriated by Congress for other purposes, to “Time for President . . . to use emergency powers to build Wall.” The next day, he scrambled up the escalation ladder by using capitalization: “Declare a national emergency NOW. Build a wall NOW.” Two days later, he scampered down a few rungs, calling for his hero to accept a short-term funding measure to open the government while wall negotiations continue. Stay tuned for more acrobatics.

But stay focused on this: Anyone — in Graham-speak, ANYONE — who at any time favors declaring an emergency, or who does not denounce the mere suggestion thereof, thereby abandons constitutional government.

[PB notes: tergiversation, noun, ter·gi·ver·sa·tion

1: evasion of straightforward action or clear-cut statement : EQUIVOCATION

2: desertion of a cause, position, party, or faith]

Bring it home George.

Seven times, Graham has taken the oath of congressional office, “solemnly” swearing to “support and defend the Constitution” and to “bear true faith and allegiance” to it, “without any mental reservation.” Graham, who is just 1 percent of one-half of one of the three branches of one of the nation’s many governments, is, however, significant as a symptom. When the Trump presidency is just a fragrant memory, the political landscape will still be cluttered with some of this president’s simple and empty epigones, the make-believe legislators who did not loudly and articulately recoil from the mere suggestion of using a declared emergency to set aside the separation of powers.

Graham is trying to stay relevant to Trump. The Republicans suffer his presence because he's been voted in so many times. He is now Judiciary committee chairman so we will see an unhealthy defense of Trump during his impeachment trial. 

As soon as Trump's out, his time in the sun is over because the Democrats will win the WH, Senate, and House in 2020. 

6 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Graham is trying to stay relevant to Trump. The Republicans suffer his presence because he's been voted in so many times. He is now Judiciary committee chairman so we will see an unhealthy defense of Trump during his impeachment trial. 

As soon as Trump's out, his time in the sun is over because the Democrats will win the WH, Senate, and House in 2020. 

Way to early to say that will happen.  It's what we hope but the exact opposite could easily happen also.  Trump wins the electoral college again and the GOP recaptures the House and keeps the Senate.

16 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

From that Mother Jones article...

Hey look...its like certain posters here are writing this stuff. 🙄

it makes pot plants thrive , how can you hate more weed.

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Way to early to say that will happen.  It's what we hope but the exact opposite could easily happen also.  Trump wins the electoral college again and the GOP recaptures the House and keeps the Senate.

Maybe. Do you think the hackers are taking days off in sympathy now that Trump has shut down all the watchdogs? Who knows how much damage is happening right now?

Archived