Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

@AsburySkinsFan
Hit them with CIA, Special Forces, other non-traditional military types. Secondly, use the intelligence assets that we have developed... I never like the idea that we prop up a group of people that are only loosely on "our side".

My wife saw this on facebook from Robert Reich and shared it with me.

This morning I phoned my friend, the former Republican member of Congress.

ME: So, what are you hearing?

HE: Trump is in deep sh*t.

ME: Tell me more.

HE: When it looked like he was backing down on the wall, Rush and the crazies on Fox went ballistic. So he has to do the shutdown to keep the base happy. They’re his insurance policy. They stand between him and impeachment.

ME: Impeachment? No chance. Senate Republicans would never go along.

HE (laughing): Don’t be so sure. Corporate and Wall Street are up in arms. Trade war was bad enough. Now, you’ve got Mattis resigning in protest. Trump pulling out of Syria, giving Putin a huge win. This dumbass shutdown. The stock market in free-fall. The economy heading for recession.

ME: But the base loves him.

HE: Yeah, but the base doesn’t pay the bills.

ME: You mean …

HE: Follow the money, friend.

ME: The GOP’s backers have had enough?

HE: They wanted Pence all along.

ME: So …

HE: So they’ll wait until Mueller’s report, which will skewer Trump. Pelosi will wait, too. Then after the Mueller bombshell, she’ll get 20, 30, maybe even 40 Republicans to join in an impeachment resolution.

ME: And then?

HE: Senate Republicans hope that’ll be enough -- that Trump will pull a Nixon.

ME: So you think he’ll resign?

HE (laughing): No chance. He’s fu*king out of his mind. He’ll rile up his base into a fever. Rallies around the country. Tweet storms. Hannity. Oh, it’s gonna be ugly. He’ll convince himself he’ll survive.

HE: That’s when Senate Republicans pull the trigger.

ME: Really? Two-thirds of the Senate?

HE: Do the math. 47 Dems will be on board, so you need 19 Republicans. I can name almost that many who are already there. Won’t be hard to find the votes.

ME: But it will take months. And the country will be put through a ringer.

HE: I know. That’s the worst part.

ME: I mean, we could have civil war.

HE: Hell, no. That’s what he wants, but no chance. His approvals will be in the cellar. America will be glad to get rid of him.

ME: I hope you're right.

HE: He’s a dangerous menace. He’ll be gone. And then he'll be indicted, and Pence will pardon him. But the state investigations may put him in the clinker. Good riddance.

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'm skeptical of that story because it suggests Pence makes it out alright.

Pence is going in the clink too.  Possibly faster than Trump.

Yup, I think this republican congressman or whoever is being a little too optimistic on that part.

14 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'm skeptical of that story because it suggests Pence makes it out alright.

Pence is going in the clink too.  Possibly faster than Trump.

I would suspect there would be a backroom (probably illegal) deal that Pence would be allowed to stay until 2020.  No way enough R's agree to turn keys over to Pelosi.

22 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would suspect there would be a backroom (probably illegal) deal that Pence would be allowed to stay until 2020.  No way enough R's agree to turn keys over to Pelosi.

Absolutely never happen. (President Pelosi). 

If a miracle happens, and the GOP senate is forced (and it would take force) to convict both Trump and Pence, then whichever one isn't fired first will appoint a Veep, and the Senate will confirm him about four hours after he's appointed, and then they will impeach the second one. 

We'll have President Skippy before Pelosi. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I don't mind Syria withdrawal... World Police has never been a mantle I wanted for America.

We are never going to go back to a pre-9/11 mindet. But, I don't believe in "fight them there to avoid fighting them here." We never know who the true "good" and "bad" guys are and I think a less ground presence force is what is needed for anti terrorism.

"Hit us and we are going to hit you back 100x harder"....

Not being the world policeman is fine. I guess one can always make an argument that declaring victory and going home is the only way out of prolonged occupations, but there are ways to do it that don't completely abandon allies, ruin our reputation, and poison any and all diplomatic activities in the region for the next X number of years.  It's Trump's trademark. Even if there is an idea buried down there someplace below he screws it up with mind-boggling idiocy. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@AsburySkinsFan
Hit them with CIA, Special Forces, other non-traditional military types. Secondly, use the intelligence assets that we have developed... I never like the idea that we prop up a group of people that are only loosely on "our side".

You realize that we had 2,000 troops in Syria which is prettt much the support for everything you described.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

My wife saw this on facebook from Robert Reich and shared it with me.

This morning I phoned my friend, the former Republican member of Congress.

ME: So, what are you hearing?

HE: Trump is in deep sh*t.

ME: Tell me more.

HE: When it looked like he was backing down on the wall, Rush and the crazies on Fox went ballistic. So he has to do the shutdown to keep the base happy. They’re his insurance policy. They stand between him and impeachment.

ME: Impeachment? No chance. Senate Republicans would never go along.

HE (laughing): Don’t be so sure. Corporate and Wall Street are up in arms. Trade war was bad enough. Now, you’ve got Mattis resigning in protest. Trump pulling out of Syria, giving Putin a huge win. This dumbass shutdown. The stock market in free-fall. The economy heading for recession.

ME: But the base loves him.

HE: Yeah, but the base doesn’t pay the bills.

ME: You mean …

HE: Follow the money, friend.

ME: The GOP’s backers have had enough?

HE: They wanted Pence all along.

ME: So …

HE: So they’ll wait until Mueller’s report, which will skewer Trump. Pelosi will wait, too. Then after the Mueller bombshell, she’ll get 20, 30, maybe even 40 Republicans to join in an impeachment resolution.

HE: Senate Republicans hope that’ll be enough -- that Trump will pull a Nixon.

ME: So you think he’ll resign?

HE (laughing): No chance. He’s fu*king out of his mind. He’ll rile up his base into a fever. Rallies around the country. Tweet storms. Hannity. Oh, it’s gonna be ugly. He’ll convince himself he’ll survive.

HE: That’s when Senate Republicans pull the trigger.

ME: Really? Two-thirds of the Senate?

HE: Do the math. 47 Dems will be on board, so you need 19 Republicans. I can name almost that many who are already there. Won’t be hard to find the votes.

ME: But it will take months. And the country will be put through a ringer.

HE: I know. That’s the worst part.

ME: I mean, we could have civil war.

HE: Hell, no. That’s what he wants, but no chance. His approvals will be in the cellar. America will be glad to get rid of him.

ME: I hope you're right.

HE: He’s a dangerous menace. He’ll be gone. And then he'll be indicted, and Pence will pardon him. But the state investigations may put him in the clinker. Good riddance.

That to me is the most plausible solution, but I hate that it leaves Pence in there. He’s as complicit as the rest. He’s as much of a racist as the rest. He’s the homophobic pseudo-Christian authortitarian that wants to force his version of Christian sharia upon every one.

But he’s polite

• Like 4
8 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

HOLEEEEE **** this is amazing

He multiplies his teeth.  This is attack mode.

These Keaton Patti "bot" scripts are funny, but I do think people should know they're fake. He writes them himself, they don't come from a bot. 

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

These Keaton Patti "bot" scripts are funny, but I do think people should know they're fake. He writes them himself, they don't come from a bot. 

Oh I know, but it's fun to play along.

Like where the hell would a bot get "teeth multiplying?"

Nonetheless, if you just slipped this interview among another dozen of Rudy's and had someone read them all, there's a solid chance no one would notice it wasn't a real interview.  Rudy be like that.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That to me is the most plausible solution, but I hate that it leaves Pence in there. He’s as complicit as the rest. He’s as much of a racist as the rest. He’s the homophobic pseudo-Christian authortitarian that wants to force his version of Christian sharia upon every one.

But he’s polite

He's also less electable. I'm not sure that even a voting base like Trump's can get excited about a saltless cracker like Pence. They need bravado, flash, pizzaz. They need BIG lies.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Chachie said:

He's also less electable. I'm not sure that even a voting base like Trump's can get excited about a saltless cracker like Pence. They need bravado, flash, pizzaz. They need BIG lies.

Now I'm imagining John Travolta running. 

I mean, if nothing else, the thought of all the evangelicals supporting a Scientologist would be . . . equally as hypocritical as supporting Trump. 

• Like 1