Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

34 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This is interesting. I'm in Louisville right now. The local campaign ads from GOP candidates are loaded with Pelosi and Schumer pics/references. As many if not more than the actual opponent 

The GOP in middle America is fighting against the looney left on both coasts.  

Many tennesseeans will vote for Phil Bredesen.  Great businessman, smart guy, great governor.  His opponent is not trying to run against him.  She is running against the people who are pushing the radical left agenda.  Makes perfect sense, not sure why thats a shock

Ps hope Bredesen wins he is one of my favorite politicians.  Imagine a Democrat concerned with business and economic development, fairness for the middle class, healthcare, and working people.  Its all but impossible, but they do exist

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Imagine a Democrat concerned with business and economic development, fairness for the middle class, healthcare, and working people. 

Well, there's Obama. And me. Not sure about Hillary, but suspect Bernie qualifies. 

So the right-wing suddenly loves the NYT & their anonymous sources all of the sudden?

Sounds like actual FAKE NEWS, but since Trump has no basis to fire Rosenstein, you know what has to be done.  Construct a fake Rod Rosenstein that the right-wing machine can go after relentlessly. 

Holding onto the oval office, by any means necessary.  Someone at the top knows they are a criminal.

The funny thing is they all act like Rosenstein, Mueller, etc etc....haven't been anticipating this ever since Comey was fired.  

I’m not chasing the nyt article off the porch just yet. But it is humorous watching people who’ve been eating up anonymously sourced stuff for the last 2 1/2+ years based solely on outlets (like the nyt) having a certain reputation now baulk at the practice :rofl89:

From other reporting done on this, it seems a lot of the main facts are likely true, but are being portrayed in a misleading and perhaps dangerous way.  

By by the way, it isn’t new to see people on the left doubting the NYT.  They have a weird relationship with the administration and have gone out of the way to puff up Trump supporters and white supremecists.  They also have history of giving articles to sketchy folks like Putin and others and put out that article clearing Trump of Russia ties before the election.

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m not chasing the nyt article off the porch just yet. But it is humorous watching people who’ve been eating up anonymously sourced stuff for the last 2 1/2+ years based solely on outlets (like the nyt) having a certain reputation now baulk at the practice :rofl89:

Eh, I don't automatically think NYT or WaPo, or whoever necessarily have any sort of infallibility when it comes to their reputations so I generally try to wait until their reporting is corroborated (or until the WH basically admits it  :ols: ). And no publication is immune to ****ing up and writing a story with potentially tenuous merits and sources. That being said, most of the bigger stories that NYT and others have broken have generally turned out to be solid and well sourced/researched. This sounds like a case where the NYT may have gotten played pretty bad...seems pretty sloppy.

57 minutes ago, tshile said:

Agree. At the same time it will be interesting to watch how the GOP acts once they have them compared to Comey's memos. 

44 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Eh, I don't automatically think NYT or WaPo, or whoever necessarily have any sort of infallibility when it comes to their reputations so I generally try to wait until their reporting is corroborated (or until the WH basically admits it  :ols: ). And no publication is immune to ****ing up and writing a story with potentially tenuous merits and sources. That being said, most of the bigger stories that NYT and others have broken have generally turned out to be solid and well sourced/researched. This sounds like a case where the NYT may have gotten played pretty bad...seems pretty sloppy.

I hear you and llevron

im thinking specifically of people calling out things like “sources that reviewed the memos” 

85-90% of what we have had for 2 years, especially everything related to the mueller investigation, has been sourced that way.  

2 hours ago, visionary said:

By by the way, it isn’t new to see people on the left doubting the NYT.  They have a weird relationship with the administration and have gone out of the way to puff up Trump supporters and white supremecists.  They also have history of giving articles to sketchy folks like Putin and others and put out that article clearing Trump of Russia ties before the election.

The left has been pooping on NYT since their famous “there was no collusion” article after the Steele Dossier hit public.

And they employee Maggie Haberman.

Anyone thinking the left believes everything NYT does is talking out their behinds.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

"based solely on outlets (like the nyt) having a certain reputation"

Whether the story is believable, and consistent with numerous other publicly available information may be a factor, too.  

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I believe both publications (despite their slant) are absolutely dedicated to fact/source checking before releasing. With our president exercising classic fascist assaults on their integrity they know they have to be on point. I very much get it that they exist to feed the hopes and nightmares of the left to stay in business. In the demographic sense, they aren't any less mission-based than FOX News or Info Wars.

The difference lies in the fact that FOX doesn't have to prove themselves to be fact-based because our WH administration and our majority republican government literally swoon over them. Their agenda is in power over Earth while WaPo and NYT are the revolution with less law-enacting representation. I generally believe "liberal" media because right now they are totally at risk of changes to the 1st amendment. Conservative media is actually willing to give that away just to "win" the ratings war.

Having said all that, I also recognize that any press entity can get it wrong when they thought it was right or err in overzealous effort. 

Archived