Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/08/09/show-me-the-victims-of-insider-trading-ill-wait/?utm_term=.e2d6aaaf873e

Headline: "Show me the victims of insider trading. I’ll wait."

Okay, what Collins is alleged to have done wasn’t too bright. But was it wrong?

At some level, yes, it’s wrong because it’s illegal and you shouldn’t break the law. Except people break the law all the time when they think no one is being harmed, as when they speed on a deserted stretch of road or put money into the office pool during March Madness.

Who was hurt by what Collins allegedly did? The answer might seem obvious: anyone who bought the stock that Collins’s son, Cameron, and others sold. But it’s not as if Cameron Collins went door to door persuading pensioners to buy his ticking-bomb shares. According to the indictment, he used a broker to sell the stock. The broker presumably sold that stock to people who already had an interest in buying it.

Yes, Cameron Collins allegedly knew that the interest was misguided. It would have been selfless of him to hang on to the stock and bear the losses himself. But if he hadn’t sold, those interested buyers would have bought shares from someone else. And here’s the kicker: Since share prices tend to decrease as the supply of shares increases, the buyers might have actually paid a higher price if Cameron Collins’s weren’t on the market, and thereby would have lost more money.

But maybe insider trading is bad for the market? Actually, insider trading probably makes markets more efficient. During the interval between the discovery of material nonpublic information and the publicizing of that information, the shares are being systematically mispriced through general ignorance. If insiders were trading, the shift in the supply of the stock would tend to push the price closer to a more realistic value.

Is this a joke? An actual columnist for the Washington Post?  What's next?  Who's actually hurt by collusion with Russia?

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/08/09/show-me-the-victims-of-insider-trading-ill-wait/?utm_term=.e2d6aaaf873e

Is this a joke? An actual columnist for the Washington Post?  What's next?  Who's actually hurt by collusion with Russia?

I posted it earlier, white collar criminal

and bad behavior isn’t thought of as a crime to most Americans. It’s disgusting.

11 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I posted it earlier, white collar criminal

and bad behavior isn’t thought of as a crime to most Americans. It’s disgusting.

But dont park in a handicap spot at 2am in front of an empty CVS then you are a thug and asking for it. 

Also dont be black but whatevs

25 minutes ago, Llevron said:

But dont park in a handicap spot at 2am in front of an empty CVS then you are a thug and asking for it. 

Also dont be black but whatevs

Race doesn’t matter. We need to stop talking about it.

These people are criminals on a grander and systemically  more dangerous scale than the corner pusha man but guess who gets punished more.

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

believes in just about every kooky conspiracy out there, including QAnon, Pizzagate, Jade Helm 15, flat earth theories, NESARA, Jesuit conservancies, shape-shifting lizard overlords. You name it, he believes it.

This is just stupid. Everyone who knows about our lizard overlords knows that they  can't shapeshift.

2 hours ago, twa said:

You been hitting the sauce already? :kiss-smileys:

You seem confused.

he confused it with "suffering denizen"

not sure if it's his drinking, those semi-retired preachers can usually handle a lot of booze...i think it's his age

btw, some of  we first-hatched can indeed shapeshift, know-it-all-toni

Archived