Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

I know one lawyer who is getting disbarred, and another one who is getting a bar complaint filed against him by said disbarred lawyer.

Seriously what Cohen's lawyer just said is quite possibly the worst thing he could have said.  That doesn't make it untrue, it certainly could be, but if so, then it absolutely destroys Cohen.  Stormy would be free to release everything and Cohen violated some pretty major rules doing what he did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I know one lawyer who is getting disbarred, and another one who is getting a bar complaint filed against him by said disbarred lawyer.

Seriously what Cohen's lawyer just said is quite possibly the worst thing he could have said.  That doesn't make it untrue, it certainly could be, but if so, then it absolutely destroys Cohen.  Stormy would be free to release everything and Cohen violated some pretty major rules doing what he did.

I'm glad we have lawyers here that understand this because as hard as I try I keep hearing Charlie Brown's teacher......

• Haha 2

VA chief nominee Ronny Jackson heads the White House Medical Unit.  The unit has an interesting role, providing health and emergency care for the President, the Vice President, and White House Staff. The role includes oversight of ER and surgical facilities at the White House and the Vice President's residence, an exam room at the Old Executive Office Building, a full medical suite aboard Air Force One and a medical unit on Air Force Two.

White House Medical Unit staffing numbers - including physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and support staff - varies over time. In 2010 there were 24 staff. As of 2012, there were 5 physicians and 3 medics assigned to the unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Medical_Unit

Since when did the VA suddenly become the "best care anywhere"? Most of the time when people look at the VA, it's to shine a spotlight on the failures of a government run healthcare system. They haven't even been able to digitize medical records - they had a building in danger of structural damage because a floor was stacked to the ceiling with paperwork, and the 2 main computer systems can't communicate with each other. 

Putting one's personal physician in charge is idiotic. The problem is the VA needs someone with top notch CEO abilities, but pays only a pittance compared to what anyone like that could make in the private sector. Also, purchasing regulations make upgrading the IT component damn near impossible.

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I get that, lawyers are like latter day alchemists, their power is in their secret knowledge and formulas to turn **** into gold

yeah except at least alchemists were selling an end product people wanted - gold

lawyers just sell **** and that breeds more ****

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, tshile said:

yeah except at least alchemists were selling an end product people wanted - gold

lawyers just sell **** and that breeds more ****

Maybe, been interesting lately though watching all the sparring and posturing.

Doesn't really mean I "get it" in any rational sense, but it's kinda like watching BattleBots, fun but more time and effort than it'd be worth to participate.

7 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Not to mention the fact that the NDA actually promises that Trump (whatever pseudonym they used) will refrain from any legal action arising out of disclosures prior to the NDA.  So Cohen waived his client's causes of action without his client's consent?  Has he lost his mind?

Or he realized that in kind illegal campaign contribution is much more serious to Trump than Cohen's license.

• Like 1
  • Jumbo locked and unlocked this topic