Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

11 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

No..follow the rules..ALL Players/Coaches and staff

The NFL rule book specifically requires both teams appear on the field for the playing of the anthem, standing, remaining quiet, and holding their helmets in their left hands. Failure to do so can result in fines, suspensions, and the loss of draft picks. 

The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Yeah, except those are guidelines, not rules.  You can tell by words like "should" and "may."  And besides that, the people who enforce those guidelines, including team owners and Commissioner Roger Goodell himself, encouraged the displays we saw over the weekend, largely as a big "**** you" to Donald Trump, who actually called NFL players sons-of-****es.

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Edit: So wait a minute... this rules paragraph, which I've seen quoted numerous times this weekend, is actually fake??!?  Oh that's rich.

6 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

No..follow the rules..ALL Players/Coaches and staff

The NFL rule book specifically requires both teams appear on the field for the playing of the anthem, standing, remaining quiet, and holding their helmets in their left hands. Failure to do so can result in fines, suspensions, and the loss of draft picks. 

The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Are you saying no, you are not willing to listen to the concerns of black people here and try and see it from their point of view?

Why is it so important to you that the players stand on the sidelines for the anthem?  Why is following this rule more important than conducting a peaceful protest concerning a serious societal issue?

Do you understand what the players are protesting?  Do you believe their concerns are valid?

Do you think that black people should have the same personal security as white people when they interact with the criminal justice system?

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

It gives us a window into the mindset of a subset of Americans.  A subset, by the way, that Donald Trump is playing like a fiddle.

We know that window. We see it in our White House. The protests are a reaction to that window. This nation was built on that window.

It is time for us as people to close that window.

What's sad is that all this NFL stuff is overshadowing the news that after months and months of Donald Trump harping about Hillary's private emails, we learn that Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner used a private email account to conduct government business.

I'm a big fan of delicious irony.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Are you saying no, you are not willing to listen to the concerns of black people here and try and see it from their point of view?

Why is it so important to you that the players stand on the sidelines for the anthem?  Why is following this rule more important than conducting a peaceful protest concerning a serious societal issue?

Do you understand what the players are protesting?  Do you believe their concerns are valid?

Do you think that black people should have the same personal security as white people when they interact with the criminal justice system?

I respect their right to protest and voice concerns in the proper forum without a captive audience and without doing so in a manner disrespectful of the military and citizens who swore an oath to pledge allegiance.

There are other ways to voice an opinion without insulting families who had members sent home draped in the flag they revile

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

We know that window. We see it in our White House. The protests are a reaction to that window. This nation was built on that window.

It is time for us as people to close that window.

Sometimes it's more productive to engage those with whom we disagree than to shut them out.  A forum like this is a venue to do that.  I don't need a bubble here.  I think his post was tone deaf bordering on the idiotic.  I was fine with him posting it, though.  Let him defend it.  See if he learns anything.  See if we learn anything.

Just now, Dan T. said:

Sometimes it's more productive to engage those with whom we disagree than to shut them out.  A forum like this is a venue to do that.  I don't need a bubble here.  I think his post was tone deaf bordering on the idiotic.  I was fine with him posting it, though.  Let him defend it.  See if he learns anything.  See if we learn anything.

I don't ask for a bubble.

I want us not to tolerate racism. This is the problem. Allowing these people to speak gives their ideas credibility which leads to what we have today. 

Nothing he says shocks me and it isn't new. Its only here to takeaway.

We wont learn from him because he isn't offering anything new.

ok---i'm here, unplanned, and am looking this over. these are the poster/posts that will be dealt with and i advise if you see your name here to stop posting until i' decide who's going away for how long. i also accidentally edited out two other kilmer posts where he stated with the '''gotcha" game on the trump quote.  btw, these comments made in a topical thread about someone committing a rule violation that need to be addressed yet don't actually even report the post per our rules and guidelines, or ones about how the board should be run that aren't made in the feedback thread,  are also rule violations and long have been. do not comment on this post.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Ohhhh.  I see.  You folks just added the "black athletes" part on your own.

Typical for ES Liberals.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Truth hurts

49 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This poster is a racist. The mods need to step up and get this person out of this forum.

54 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Solders SWEAR allegiance at induction. Solders have died to keep the flag from falling or being captured, NEW Citizens have to swear allegiance facing the flag.

WHAT have these spoiled athletes done to have the RIGHT to denigrate it?

Oh, say can you see,
By the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed,
At the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars,
Through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched,
Were so gallantly streaming.
And the rocket's red glare,
The bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night,
That our flag was still there
Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
For the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

I am sick of people with NO CLUE telling ME to bend over and take it because "they" FEEL oppressed in the freest nation on earth while "earning"- and I use that term sarcastically MILLIONS of dollars and doing NOTHING in their community to fight the plights of the poor,uneducated, unemployed and desperate. MANY of these "activists" who promote GANG affiliation, drug use, unwed procreation and support and gangster rap culture.

Fire em, Fine em and give US a break from their BS

31 minutes ago, Hersh said:

We associate you with racism because you are racist. 

28 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

okay racist.

Like I said, Mods need to step in. @Jumbo 

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Elderly, impotent shut-in demands others emulate his meaningless, gray and miserable existence as a test of patriotic purity.

Can you pass "The Hanburger Challenge"?!?

4 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I respect their right to protest and voice concerns in the proper forum without a captive audience and without doing so in a manner disrespectful of the military and citizens who swore an oath to pledge allegiance.

There are other ways to voice an opinion without insulting families who had members sent home draped in the flag they revile

There are many, MANY military who support the players' right to silently protest.  They don't view the players' actions as disrespecting the military.  In fact, almost all of the players specifically said their actions were NOT intended as a show of disrespect of the military.

You want an example of disrespect for the military - invoking dead soldiers in support of your interpretation of the intended meaning of a silent protest.

~~

Here's a 97-year old farmer and World War II vet from Missouri this weekend:

1506320993599.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&text=big-top

He knelt in support of the NFL players and in protest of Donald Trump's ignorant and inflammatory comments.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article175160636.html

[Also, you might want to look up the meaning of "revile."]

8 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

What is the right forum to protest the injustice and inequality that black people face in their interactions with our criminal justice system?

Why do you say the players revile the flag?

Did you know that the players have specifically said their protest is not to disrespect the military, and that the purpose of their protest is to raise awareness of the injustice and inequality that black people face in their interactions with the criminal justice system?

I'll spit this into the hurricane of distraction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/new-version-of-health-care-bill-will-help-alaska-and-maine--home-of-two-holdout-senators/2017/09/25/24697f62-a188-11e7-b14f-f41773cd5a14_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_healthcare-730a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.bc2104b40dec

(1)  Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.), who is one of two GOP senators already against the bill, reiterated his opposition to the updated measure

(2)  Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) has objected to it on the grounds that there has been no bipartisan outreach.

(3) “It is very difficult for me to envision a scenario where I would end up voting for this bill,” [Sen. Susan] Collins said. “I have a number of reservations about it.”  Collins voted against a repeal bill in July, and she is a key vote in the current dynamic. She said she chatted at length with Vice President Pence on Saturday, but it wasn’t enough to sway her. She said she wants to see the limited analysis due out this week from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office before making a final decision.

1 minute ago, Bang said:

Here's the entire rulebook.

PS, welcome to the forum, seems to be a lot of you new guys around here lately giving us these little bits of info.

I just wish i could find it in the actual place it supposedly came from. 

He was already shown the rule doesnt exist and he owned up that he was wrong.

Archived