Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

Just now, hailmary said:

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

Q.E.D

Just now, blueskin said:

Okay, well I'm not Quaker/Mennonite/Amish.  I'm Anglican, if you want to pin me down denominationally.  Though I mostly ascribe to evangelical-free more than anything.  

My view of relationship between state and faithful isn't so far off yours.  And I'm relying on Grace, not works, when it comes to my sabbath observance.  I'm here, on a Sunday, with my family. 

But I still dislike the protests towards the flag.  

By denomination I’m United Methodist, but that is a very broad umbrella. I share fellowship with several Anglican clergy that I went to school with. When I stepped down from the pulpit, several urged me to join them. One of my favored theologians is from Church of England, N.T. Wright.

And if I rely on anything but grave then I’m wrong, that said if my faith and my works aren’t in concert with one another then somethings wrong. 

For me the flag is a symbol of the nation in which I live. I do not ascribe emotion or devotion to it as I once did. So for me to kneel is fine, even if I don’t join that protest personally.

i gave a mod directive to remain on topic, which i  this case still allowed for broad discussion

cease the OT personal religious journeys. 

if you're going to do a deep dive into kaep and the nfl more than trump, move it to the kap thread in ATN.

everyone get a grip

31 minutes ago, Burgold said:

He's a Trump supporter in a city that would be very angry with him if he sided himself with Trump.

I suspect he is torn. Then again, Kraft is also a Trump supporter and personal friend and he spoke out. So yes, cowardice is a fair charge.

So I see woody Allen owner of the jets. 

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I think it's time to bring back the Vietnam War era protest slogan:

FTA, **** The Administration.

Can I say that about previous administraton as well? Or will people be butt hurt at the truth on the broken promises and lies

15 minutes ago, hailmary said:

Does it also state that every game must use the largest, most gaudy of flags before the game?  First time I saw it, it was cool.  Now it’s a dick measuring contest of who can be the most patriotic.

And then there’s the flyovers.  Can’t inagine that it’s exactly cheap to fly 4 fighter jets over the field at the end of the anthem.

Maybe they should just roll tanks onto the field and fire off some shots instead.

12 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i gave a mod directive to remain on topic, which i  this case still allowed for broad discussion

cease the OT personal religious journeys. 

if you're going to do a deep dive into kaep and the nfl more than trump, move it to the kap thread in ATN.

everyone get a grip

Alright back to discussing this bum and his bum administration.

6 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Whataboutism isn’t tolerated very well here. Want a thread on those things, start one. 

I'm not gonna hold your hand but instead of assuming, educate yourself on the broken promises during his campaign speach regarding the Armenian genocide  recognition. Apparently, every year during his presidency a blind eye was turned! 

11 minutes ago, kost203 said:

I'm not gonna hold your hand but instead of assuming, educate yourself on the broken promises during his campaign speach regarding the Armenian genocide  recognition. Apparently, every year during his presidency a blind eye was turned! 

Want to talk about Obama's administration, start a new thread. This thread starts with the word Trump.

I don't understand the countries added. North Korea? They weren't even coming here in the first place. This is like banning Steph Curry from visiting the White House. And telling regular Venezuelans they can't come here is pretty bad. Not really going to be winning hearts and minds with that one.

8 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

If anyone knows a past administration that didn't lie and break some promises I would love to learn something new. We are talking politics, right? We demand lies.

This is not your facebook page where you get to hijack any duscussion to make it what you want it to be about. 

Mods gives us wide latitude as long as the divergent discussion is still related to the thread topic. Otherwise, start a new thread and stop hijack this one.

9 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This is not your facebook page where you get to hijack any duscussion to make it what you want it to be about. 

Mods gives us wide latitude as long as the divergent discussion is still related to the thread topic. Otherwise, start a new thread and stop hijack this one.

apologies, I was addressing a previous post

Archived