Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Peak Idiocracy.

We watched about a half dozen docs about The Beast. Meanest vehicle in the world, but (as the sister of a racecar driver), it probably won't do well on a track. 

And I'd bet money that the orange idiot has never had a driver's license. 

Hard NO.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

We watched about a half dozen docs about The Beast. Meanest vehicle in the world, but (as the sister of a racecar driver), it probably won't do well on a track. 

And I'd bet money that the orange idiot has never had a driver's license. 

Hard NO.

Wait, you mean something bad could happen?  Hard YES!!!

10 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Peak Idiocracy.

I don't got a problem with that.  In fact, I think it might be the coolest thing he's done since taking office.  

I think being POTUS ought to come with some cool benefits on the side.  I could easily see President Larry wanting to arrange to have a cameo as a redshirt on Star Trek: Picard, or some such.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/why-would-a-billionaire-charge-the-secret-service-dollar650-a-night/ar-BBZLxGs?li=BBnb7Kz

Why Would a Billionaire Charge the Secret Service $650 a Night?

Last year, Eric Trump was asked about Secret Service protection at Trump Organization properties.

“If my father travels, they stay at our properties for free,” he said. “So everywhere that he goes, if he stays at one of his places, the government actually spends, meaning it saves a fortune because if they were to go to a hotel across the street, they’d be charging them $500 a night, whereas, you know we charge them, like $50.”

You will be stunned to learn this is not remotely true.

Instead, as the indefatigable David Fahrenthold and three colleagues at The Washington Post chronicle in his latest scoop on the president’s business, the Trump Organization charged the Secret Service (in other words, the taxpayer) between $400 and $650 per night to stay at Mar-a-Lago while guarding the president. At another Trump property, his golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey, the Secret Service was billed $17,000 per month for a small cottage, even when the president wasn’t present. These are just snapshots. Despite heroic public-records work by the Post, there’s still no complete picture of just what the Trump Organization is charging the Secret Service.

It’s no longer news per se that the Trump Organization is profiteering from the presidency. Since Trump refused to divest from his business at the start of his term, that’s been inevitable. There’s the massive emoluments scandal of the Trump International Hotel in D.C. There are Trump’s Scottish properties, at which he “invited” the vice president to stay, then charged the taxpayer tens of thousands. There was his shameless choice to hold the G7 summit at Trump Doral—a decision so universally reviled that the White House quickly reversed it. One of the arguments the administration offered for picking Doral was that it would allow savings on security. “He’s not making any money off of this just like he’s not making any money from working here,” insisted acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney. The new Post story shows that was almost certainly false.

New or not, the question remains: Why does a billionaire charge the Secret Service $650 to stay at his property?

The issue is not whether taxpayers should pay for presidential protection. They should, unequivocally. The question is about the cost. As the Post notes, other presidents who allowed the Secret Service to use their properties, including both George Bushes and Bill Clinton, didn’t charge them. None of those presidents owned a for-profit business while serving as president, either.

i hope gowdy and assoc. plan a big investigation into hillary on this

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Why not. Simple, the alleged billionaire isn’t really a billionaire.

The only thing in billions related to Trump is the amount of debt he has. 

While back, somebody on ES asked whether Trump has ever run a business that made a profit.  

Somebody answered "POTUS".  

Re: The post (bottom of previous page) that school bullies are using Trump language and targeting POCs.  

One thought that occurs to me is that somewhere in America, children are being punished for acting like our POTUS.  

(And odds are, many more of them should be, but aren't.  Because their parents probably approve of both the POTUS and behavior.)  

She wears a head scarf.. I usually hate when folks say "Imagine if Obama.." (Because we all know the typical GOPer has no integrity to view these things fairly, and it's a dead horse.)
bu i have a feeling the right would be accusing Michelle of fraternizing with terrorists if she wore that in front of Muslim women.

~Bang

Archived