brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

Recommended Posts

Trump shows his cards in being a phony by the way he is only concerned with image.  Everything with him always has to be about he is the greatest ever, the best this, the best that.  It just about branding and anything that interferes with his branding has to be destroyed.  He speaks only in platitudes and generalities because he has no knowledge about any of this beyond what gets printed out on a piece of paper and put in front of his face.

 

Sidenote: That Matt Gaetz thing....formal charges? For ripping up a COPY of a speech?  That is called showing out for Trumpers on right-wing media because he knows only they could be stupid enough to believe there is any teeth to a move like that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I also think Pelosi harmed her cause by sitting on the impeachment for a little bit.  If it was such an emergency that they couldn't wait for court decisions, then the charges should have been to the Senate ASAP.  I think the Dems screwed the pooch since the day trump took office. 

 

ALL of the GOP senators voted against conviction on obstruction because of the excuse that the House didn't go to the courts or let the existing court battles play out.  So it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference if the impeachment articles were forwarded earlier.  So let's at least acknowledge that in critiquing how Pelosi handled it. 

 

There was NO magic process where GOP senators would have popped their heads out of Trump's ass long enough to say "By golly, these articles have merit."

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

 

ALL of the GOP senators voted against conviction on obstruction because of the excuse that the House didn't go to the courts or let the existing court battles play out.  So it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference if the impeachment articles were forwarded earlier.  So let's at least acknowledge that in critiquing how Pelosi handled it. 

 

There was NO magic process where GOP senators would have popped their heads out of Trump's ass long enough to say "By golly, these articles have merit."

You are right that there was no process that the GOP would have gone along with.  But the point is that the Dem position was hypocritical.  Either it is not of major national concern (I think it was) and could have waited on the courts or it was an issue that couldn't wait and the articles needed to be sent immediately.  Her sitting on them made either argument not hold water.

 

*On a personal note, I think Trump is a matter of great national concern and looking at impeachment items should have started 3 years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

 

Sidenote: That Matt Gaetz thing....formal charges? For ripping up a COPY of a speech?  That is called showing out for Trumpers on right-wing media because he knows only they could be stupid enough to believe there is any teeth to a move like that.

 

The one and same Matt Gaetz who  broke into and used an unsecured phone in a SCIF a few months ago.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mistertim said:

 

What narrative? Who's narrative? I honestly don't even know what you're talking about.

 


 

You said if Democrats went to court the gop narrative would be that the dems are a bunch of do nothings and that’s why it the had to move quickly to get Trump acquitted.

 

 

My question is now what is the narrative by the GOP now that trump is acquitted? 
 

It seems the same to me.

 

except now the impeachment is over.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Trump once again clueing us in to something about himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Drain the swamp

Letting experienced Foreign Service employees go is actually draining the swamp according to some Trumpers.  

 

Best I can make out NeoTrumplicans feel that the current batch is comprised of elite liberals who've sold out American interests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ok. In 10 or so years the ****s of the world will argue it's the Dems fault that Trump wrecked 'murica. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's ok. In 10 or so years the ****s of the world will argue it's the Dems fault that Trump wrecked 'murica. 

They already do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's ok. In 10 or so years the ****s of the world will argue it's the Dems fault that Trump wrecked 'murica. 

 

I know for a fact that the day the Democrat becomes president they'll suddenly remember that we've been running up trillion dollar deficits in a strong economy and will demand that it gets fixed instantly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

 

I know for a fact that the day the Democrat becomes president they'll suddenly remember that we've been running up trillion dollar deficits in a strong economy and will demand that it gets fixed instantly.

Not me, even though I do think it is more the dems fault.

 

However, creating money to prop up an investment market or stumbling economy has and will continue to inflate the dollar and create unequal wealth distribution. 

 

Not sustainable. 

 

The fault will lie heavily on both sides as well as the American people for allowing it to happen. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Not me, even though I do think it is more the dems fault.

 

 

 

Name the last Dem president who left office with higher deficits than the ones he inherited.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, visionary said:
 

Trump once again clueing us in to something about himself.

This is at least the second time I remember Trump saying this. I dislike him personally but probably don't have the same issues from a policy perspective as many do on here. But things he says like this...….man!  I mean, does anyone know how his hardcore supporters explain WTF he means when he says this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Even when Republicans try to both sides it's still more the Dems fault.

 

"Bothsideism is all the Dem's fault"

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 1:07 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:


What big republican prize did pelosi offer in return for getting a budget passed?..... 

 

 

what an utterly ignorant and turdish position.

 

WHY SHOULD THE DEMOCRATS HAVE TO BRIBE THE REPUBLICANS TO DO THEIR JOB AND PASS A BUDGET????????

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

This is at least the second time I remember Trump saying this. I dislike him personally but probably don't have the same issues from a policy perspective as many do on here. But things he says like this...….man!  I mean, does anyone know how his hardcore supporters explain WTF he means when he says this?

 

Like most things he says or does they don't give a ****. They'll immediately change the subject when such things are brought up. Usually to something something something Obama something something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, clietas said:

 

Like most things he says or does they don't give a ****. They'll immediately change the subject when such things are brought up. Usually to something something something Obama something something. 

 

"LOL It's triggering the Libs!" is one of their favorites as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Not me, even though I do think it is more the dems fault.

 

However, creating money to prop up an investment market or stumbling economy has and will continue to inflate the dollar and create unequal wealth distribution. 

 

Not sustainable. 

 

The fault will lie heavily on both sides as well as the American people for allowing it to happen. 

 

I mean this honestly, how can you possibly say this? Please site exact examples of the two parts of that statement:

1. Not me - meaning you don't think Republicans will suddenly remember the debt/deficit if a democrat is elected. -

2. That you think it's more the dems fault. 

 

All the Republicans talk about when a democrat is in office is about how much they spend. They crucified Carter - and is why he lost. Then Reagan came in and gave a huge tax cut and guess what the deficits went sky high. Yet that was OK becasue of the evil empire! H does the same and crickets. Then they crucify Clinton yet he brought down deficits and in a big way. W comes in gives another huge tax break, sends spending sky high and again crickets. We need it for national security they say! Still looking for those WMDs I believe! Then Obama comes in - and with one of the worst economy's ever, still reduces deficit spending in a major way as the economy recovered yet he got blamed for a bad economy and spending too much - both lies. Then trump comes in with yet another tax cut (notice a pattern here!) and deficits sky rocket and again crickets! His loyal lap dog rush stated that the debt doesn't really matter!! Which is rich since he has spent every waking moment of democratic presidencies trashing them for high debt/deficits. Yet now he says they don't matter. Where are the fiscal conservatives? Crickets! The Tea Party? Crickets! Even Rand Paul has sold his sole to the devil and is mum on greatly rising deficits! 

 

Below is a chart of the deficits by president for the last 50 yrs. The initial deficits start really going with Reagan. Including him, there have only been 2 presidents to have a lower deficit the last then they had their first yr - both were also the only democrats since Reagan. So please, tell me how it's more the dems fault, outside running poor election campaigns thus losing! ?? 

 

Every bit of factual data says that you could not be more wrong. 

 

Note: Color coding means nothing. Just a way to see the different columns better.  Also, here is the source. If you can find a better source I am interested. https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

 

image.png.584aa8ae820dd129ce549c6f3715fb2a.png

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

 

 

what an utterly ignorant and turdish position.

 

WHY SHOULD THE DEMOCRATS HAVE TO BRIBE THE REPUBLICANS TO DO THEIR JOB AND PASS A BUDGET????????

 

 

 

 

Because that’s how the senate and house works.  Senate Republicans have their own ideal budget i’m sure they would love to pass, but democrats won’t pass it.  Democrats passed a budget in the house that they would like the senate to pass, but the republicans won’t support it. So dems bribe the republicans till they have enough votes in the senate to pass, so they can get something done.  You and the house leadership can be bullheaded if you wish, but it’s gotten you nothing so far.

 

Call it compromise if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.