Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

But the weird part - the kids seemed to hardly care.  "Oh, there's daddy.  Ho hum."  Even the wife didn't seem all that thrilled.  I don't think it was quite the made-for-TV moment the Reality Star-in-Chief thought it was going to be.

I told my wife the same thing - they really weren't even looking at each other for the most part. Did the wife give him a hug? I might have missed it but I don't think she did. It was sort of weird all around. Glad he's home safe though. 

13 hours ago, Fergasun said:

America needs to unite behind the idea of a third party not full of synchopatic bootlickers trying to tell us what we want to hear.  

Political party not full of synchopatic bootlickers trying to tell us what we want to hear is an oxymoron. We don’t need a third party. We need zero.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Seem to remember reading that the House has passed the federal budget, before the fiscal year ended (on October 1).  I'm under the impression that's unprecidented in modern times  (Skippy wont allow the Senate to vote on any of it, because he's waiting for the right time to stage a government shutdown threat, so he can attach demands to it.)  

passing a budget with a house you control knowing it has no chance of passing the senate is not an accomplishment.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Is there another way to defend Trump?  

I don’t see how the two are related. How does pelosi being feckless make trump more respectable?

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

passing a budget with a house you control knowing it has no chance of passing the senate is not an accomplishment.

As if the Senate and Mitch will allow anything that might give any credit to the deomcratic house will pass.
Every piece of legislation they have sent up there sits on his desk.
You really need to have blinders on to not see the scam.

~Bang

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

As if the Senate and Mitch will allow anything that might give any credit to the deomcratic house will pass.

~Bang

But he was criticizing Pelosi.  Whether he was right or not in his criticism doesn't need Mitch or Trump brought up the way it was.  Someone named an accomplishment, he pointed to why it wasn't a big one.  The reason why it isn't a big one doesn't change the fact that it isn't a big one. 

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Political party not full of synchopatic bootlickers trying to tell us what we want to hear is an oxymoron. We don’t need a third party. We need zero.

What we need is for both the left and right to quit being in cahoots against independents/third parties and allow the presidential debates to include the Democratic and Republican nominations along with the next leading candidate that is independent/third party. 

After Ross Perot gained all that support back in 1192 (getting close to 19% of the popular vote), the Commission on Presidential Debates introduced that stupid rule in 2000 that a candidate had to gain at least 15% support over five national poles, basically eliminating any third party/independent from being heard or standing a chance.

The only way we can get away from establishment politicians is for third parties/independents to be heard.  The left and the right do not want this.  They don't want for you or me, or anyone to think for themselves.  They want to us to pick a side.  They don't want someone to be pro 2A but support some gun control laws while being pro-choice and pro-environment but stricter on illegal immigration (while also being humane during the process).

And it's worked out quite well for both main parties.  They only have to worry about each other and not another "Ross Perot" gaining popularity and having a shot to win the presidency or people start shifting/supporting other views that they identify with more.  

I think the issue is bigger than having a 3rd party, independents, multiple parties etc etc......it is about the need for honest legislators which is never going to happen while the flow of cash is legally allowed to fill their pockets.  The money & influence are what is ruining every single level of the process.

I have never been someone who felt the need for a purity test on every candidate I vote for, I think it is nearly impossible to narrow down your choice to someone who you agree with 100%, however what I want and hope for one day, is a system where those debating the issues are doing it on what they feel are the merits of their perspective and not because they are making sure their big money donors "get theirs."  Right now this is a problem that infects politics period, regardless of what party or non-party they sign off on.

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The only way we can get away from establishment politicians is for third parties/independents to be heard.  The left and the right do not want this.  They don't want for you or me, or anyone to think for themselves.  They want to us to pick a side.  They don't want someone to be pro 2A but support some gun control laws while being pro-choice and pro-environment but stricter on illegal immigration (while also being humane during the process).

And it's worked out quite well for both main parties.  They only have to worry about each other and not another "Ross Perot" gaining popularity and having a shot to win the presidency or people start shifting/supporting other views that they identify with more.  

The two party system in the US is a function of how our government and voting systems are historically setup, not some kind of nefarious scheme to rob third parties of representation. 

Even in our two party system there is plenty of diversity of candidates and they almost always align with local politics. 

The Republican governors of Maryland and Mass are quite different philosophically than Republican governors in Deep South states. Democratic governors of Kentucky and Louisiana are quite different than Dem governors of Cali and Oregon who are quite different than the Dem governor of Virginia.

Parties are vessels for organizing at the local and state level in the US and they almost always end up absorbing a diversity of views based on localities, rendering third parties entirely useless since they don’t have the infrastructure to compete in a range of localities around the country. If you aren’t winning local elections, you aren’t winning anything at the federal level. 

1 hour ago, Bang said:

~Bang

What big republican prize did pelosi offer in return for getting a budget passed? Nothing. border wall funding? Nope. private school tax credits? Nope. Instead, what you got was a Democrat’s wishlist. That’s not going to get passed in a republican senate. Compromise isn’t impossible and has been done many many times in America’s past... pelosi can’t get it done. How much of that is her and how much is that the senate? I don’t know, but she couldn’t get it done when she had both houses and the presidency in her corner.

I can guarantee that if I was in the same room as trump when he started calling all democrats radical who want to protect criminals instead of protect America’s, I could have left the room, because it’s stupid and fear mongering. But she hung around making a puss face. He wouldn’t shake her hand. I guarantee if she got up and walked out half the people in that room would have also left.  That would have been a major disruption. Instead she let Trump finish his speech and made another meaningless gesture. 

Im sorry, I just don’t like her.

26 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The two party system in the US is a function of how our government and voting systems are historically setup, not some kind of nefarious scheme to rob third parties of representation. 

Even in our two party system there is plenty of diversity of candidates and they almost always align with local politics. 

The Republican governors of Maryland and Mass are quite different philosophically than Republican governors in Deep South states. Democratic governors of Kentucky and Louisiana are quite different than Dem governors of Cali and Oregon who are quite different than the Dem governor of Virginia.

Parties are vessels for organizing at the local and state level in the US and they almost always end up absorbing a diversity of views based on localities, rendering third parties entirely useless since they don’t have the infrastructure to compete in a range of localities around the country. If you aren’t winning local elections, you aren’t winning anything at the federal level. 

It was obvious that after Ross Perot made waves in 1992 and managed to pull 8% of the popular vote in 1996, when the Commission on Presidential Debates introduced the 15% rule it was to make sure that didn't happen again (or take a miracle to happen). 

I'm going to assume that you know the commission is staffed only by members of the Republican and Democratic parties.  And them excluding third party candidates from the debates have been controversial and legally challenged. 

But yeah, the two major parties who control who gets into the debates, making their own rules up after a third party candidate gained near 19% and then 8% of the popular vote in two straight elections isn't robbing third party candidates from being heard in the national spotlight :rolleyes:

And Ross Perot had zero political experience, never held any political office (local, state, etc.) and pulled almost 19% of the vote back in 1992.  People are getting tired of establishment politicians, at least my friends and people I talk to about it, and are more open to supporting a third party candidate, but most don't because they know the reality is that candidate almost 100% doesn't stand a chance to make the debates.  So, they go with one side and take the lesser of two evils approach.

29 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What big republican prize did pelosi offer in return for getting a budget passed? Nothing. border wall funding? Nope. private school tax credits? Nope. Instead, what you got was a Democrat’s wishlist. That’s not going to get passed in a republican senate. Compromise isn’t impossible and has been done many many times in America’s past... pelosi can’t get it done. How much of that is her and how much is that the senate? I don’t know, but she couldn’t get it done when she had both houses and the presidency in her corner.

I can guarantee that if I was in the same room as trump when he started calling all democrats radical who want to protect criminals instead of protect America’s, I could have left the room, because it’s stupid and fear mongering. But she hung around making a puss face. He wouldn’t shake her hand. I guarantee if she got up and walked out half the people in that room would have also left.  That would have been a major disruption. Instead she let Trump finish his speech and made another meaningless gesture. 

How can you possibly be this naive? The only thing that's going to get past this Republican Senate is a bill completely signed off on by Donald Trump. And Trump ain't signing off on anything big with Pelosi's name on it, even if it threw some border wall funding his way or some other bone. We all know that he's possibly the world's most small and petty man. His thing with Pelso is personal. He's not going to let it go, and he's not going to sign off on any bill that could potentially be seen as her "winning" anything. 

Compromise has happened plenty in the past. It doesn't happen anymore. The whole ecosystem was already somewhat toxic after Congressional Republicans began a policy of blanket stonewalling and said "We aren't going to give Obama anything, no matter what. Ever." Now along comes Trump, who can make absolutely anything 10 times worse than it was before. And the environment has gone from somewhat toxic to absolutely corrosive and acidic. Nothing positive in our political world is going to happen until that cancer is out of the White House. Even then, the system may be too broken to recover now. 

49 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

OK, that is fair, but what about the other 400 pieces of legislation he has stonewalled on his desk?

He's not letting anything through. He's not only done so, but he told us he would. 

Ours is a system that requires compromise. i do not see the GOP even trying. To them it's an end game of absolute power. 

~Bang

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What big republican prize did pelosi offer in return for getting a budget passed? Nothing. border wall funding? Nope. private school tax credits? Nope. Instead, what you got was a Democrat’s wishlist.

You’re just saying stuff. McConnell supported the house budget. Both parties made concessions and both parties got things they wanted. Both parties should also be chided for the unsustainable level of spending.

Also, I’m not sure border wall funding and private school tax credits are Republican prizes as much as they are stupid **** from Trump’s GOP.

59 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What big republican prize did pelosi offer in return for getting a budget passed?

How big a prize does the GOP demand they get, to get a budget passed?  

And how big a prize are the Dems entitled to?  

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Our issue is how ****ing stupid the average American is.  Then remember that HALF the country is even dumber.

My dad was VP of a company that was doing bids for the presidential helicopter redesign or something like that.  

He was in a room with a bunch of military officers talking about the budget. Marine general slammed his fist down and yelled out “Five pound trout”. 

He said everyone stopped and stared. Guy goes “The average American is as smart as a five pound trout. They just want to eat and ****.”

That has always stuck with me and it seems more accurate each day. 

34 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Forget 3rd party, at this point I need a political specifically for me and people just like me.

In that way, I can comfortably vote without the need for compromising or prioritizing of any issues...easy peasy!   And isn’t that what politics should really be about?

Just write in yourself.  

47 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Also, I’m not sure border wall funding and private school tax credits are Republican prizes as much as they are stupid **** from Trump’s GOP.

It is stupid ****. But there is no difference between "Trump's GOP" and Republicans. The party is now all in with him, so whatever he wants is what they want. Because if they don't want it and they say something about it, he'll rage tweet at them and all of his mouth breathing followers will go on the attack like a pack of retarded rabid wolves. 

Archived