Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

14 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Some bald dude on Don Lemmon was talking about the thing with Pompeo and finding Ukraine on a map.  The bald dude said “he couldn’t find Ukraine on a map if you drew a big letter U and a picture of a crane on it.”  Pretty sure everyone there and at home laughed so hard I peed myself.

That was GOP strategist Rick Wilson.  I like him because he hates Donald Trump almost as much as I do, and he is endlessly entertaining in how he expresses  it.  He wrote a book called "Everything Trump Touches Dies."

Here's the segment you mentioned.

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/cnn-panelists-laugh-trumps-boomer-rube-supporters

Yes because Ivanka surely mixes in the "Real Americans" at her dinner parties I'm sure. 

The "mocking of half the country" goes both ways.  Truth is most people don't have any avtual ill will towards anyone else regardless of what state they are living in, but it makes for good ratings and a good entry way into bizarro land to build your case on the false narrative of "because they hate you!"

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Truth is most people don't have any avtual ill will towards anyone else regardless of what state they are living in,

I think "most" is probably accurate.  But I wonder if maybe it's a lot closer to 55-45 than it is to 95-5.  

I've read articles about at least one element of Trump's base.  (Granted, his base is made up of more than one group.)  But the oft-cited mystery about "how can people support Trump, when his policies are actually, personally, harming them?" seems at least sometimes seated in the strongly heald belief that well, yeah, I've been on welfare since the coal mine closed, but there's this huge number of "other" folks who are just lazy and don't want to work at all.  (You'll be shockedf to learn that thos "other" group are of other races.)  

And there's at least a significant group of people who will willingly vote for Trump, and justify it as "yeah, his policies will hurt me, but it's worth it, cause it will hurt those other folks worse."  

They like (some of) his policies specifically because they think it's hurting a lot of people.  

Glad they arnt apologizing for this. Again, anyone that still considers themselves enough of a Republican to be insulted by this fit in one of two categories. One is exactly what they made fun of, which is hilarious. The other takes advantage of those people and tells them they should be mad at it. 

So **** those people. We dont need to play nice with them anymore. It doesnt work. There is nothing there. 

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Ayaan Hirsi Ali was an FGM victim, managed to escape a deeply conservative and oppressive family, found her way to the Netherlands, got elected to the dutch parliament and then had a close associate murdered for speaking out against Islamic oppression. 

By every measure she's a success story of someone escaping oppression and liberating herself. This is what she's up to these days: 

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a Fellow with the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, a Fellow with the Future of Diplomacy Project at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at The Harvard Kennedy School, a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.[6]

47 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Did he say “Criminininicominicables”?

Sometimes I wonder if we got a younger version of Trump.  Like 80s or 90s.  Would it be better or worse?  That dude is burnt popcorn microwave done in the head, and it ain't getting better.

This makes "strategery" look like it belongs in the spelling bee.

Just pointing out, they're not buying votes.  They're paying people to show up at Trump rallies.  

I suspect that if they think this translates to votes, they're dreaming.  I at least hope that some billionaire donor is laundering his illegal campaign contribution, and wasting his money.  

Archived