Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You can look at the way almost all of them were acting in general the whole time.  Discipline in the military isn't what it used to be.

I miss the good old days when floggings were in style

3 minutes ago, twa said:

flogging is almost always wrong and ineffective according to my helper's handbook

but i am a big proponent of "context matters" in almost all, if not all, things

and give trump & his gopers another 4 years...he can only move up from" putting kids in cages" with something really flashy

i'm sure little stevie miller----yet another cosmic-level trumpy scumbag, now safely entrenched in the bosom of the gop and running things at the highest level (yay republicans)---would like flogging the brown folk if we'd let him

40 minutes ago, twa said:

Those good ole days when war criminals weren't pardoned because a POTUS with no understanding (or caring) of why US military members holding themselves to a higher level of conduct is important, and no understanding (or caring) of how his actions in pardoning people like that can have negative effects on discipline in the military in general, decided that the guy was "tough" and was the quintessential soldier he'd created in his head based on some anachronistic understanding of warriors that never actually existed and that it would probably amp up his base as well.

Turkey could close Incirlik air base in face of U.S. threats: Erdogan

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkey could shut down its Incirlik air base, which hosts U.S. nuclear warheads, in response to threats of U.S. sanctions and a separate U.S. Senate resolution that recognized mass killings of Armenians a century ago as genocide, President Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday.

“If it is necessary for us to take such a step, of course we have the authority ... If this is necessary, together with our delegations, we will close down Incirlik if necessary,” Erdogan said on A Haber TV.

Turkey can also close down the Kurecik radar base if necessary, he added. “If they are threatening us with the implementation of these sanctions, of course we will be retaliating,” he said.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

The flip side to that ^^^ I saw this morning is that his approval numbers among the military is still higher than Obamas (I think ever? Maybe it was at the time he left) was. Which is interesting

it seems to me that most of the anti-obama sentiment there was due mainly to how his admin was much tighter with military spending then they found acceptable...yeh, there was the basic backlash from conservatives in the military as to him  being a liberal dem and yeah to this day unfortunately there's still too many racists in uniform, but the rep for "not supporting the military financially" and what was taken from that as implications of his worldview  seen as weak against adversaries like russia/syria/iran/korea (and now we have trumpo lololol) and thus not good for int'l security (also see "apology tour")

Archived