Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

51 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

^^^ Trump's perception of females as sex objects is unsurprising considering his grandfather was a pimp.

may have been another influence, along with his other father figure vlad,  as to why he married the imported hooker/handler

24 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

No company deserves the hammer of the FTC and DoJ more than Facebook. 

Just observing, the timing of your post sure makes it look like you're advocating government retaliation against a private company (and arguably a member of the Press, at least in this one case), because they gave in to extortion on the part of the Trump campaign.  

(Now, I do think America needs some serious consumer privacy laws.  Applying to a whole bunch of companies and practices.  And if this should happen to result in the complete destruction of Facebook's entire business model, that would actually fill me with contentment.  But it's not because I dislike their politics.)  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just observing, the timing of your post sure makes it look like you're advocating government retaliation against a private company (and arguably a member of the Press, at least in this one case), because they gave in to extortion on the part of the Trump campaign.  

(Now, I do think America needs some serious consumer privacy laws.  Applying to a whole bunch of companies and practices.  And if this should happen to result in the complete destruction of Facebook's entire business model, that would actually fill me with contentment.  But it's not because I dislike their politics.)  

I’ll be honest, my desire to have facebook regulated and prosecuted out of existence isn’t political but it can be framed as such. I don’t think Facebook takes political sides and I don’t think its either a liberal or conservative platform. But it’s business model and how its operated in recent years is ripe for exploitation from grifters and scammers and they have no desire to self-regulate until a scandal comes out, like Cambridge Analytica.

There a ton of grifters or scammers on the right who are using Facebook to push a boat load of garbage into the public discourse. This bears out in data, pretty much the entire ecosystem of fake news on Facebook is right-leaning because conservative outlets have taken the stance that disseminating a hurricane of fraudelent claims into public discourse is worth achieving desired policy goals and if you are caught/banned to loudly scream and complain about persecution from liberals and censoring of speech.

So if crushing the buisiness model of facebook means that one political side will be negatively harmed as it can’t have an open platform to spread disinformation, then it is surely a political decision. But to me that has more to do with Facebook’s inability to invest in fact-checking and self-regulation of content, than targeting any political side. A company wide policy of shutting down disinformation shouldn’t be controversial, but FB’s stance at the moment is that disinformation can’t be silenced because one political side is almost entirely reliant on it to spread its message. That’s nonsense.

On that topic, I have to say I'm stunned that anybody would extend any credit at all to a political campaign, ever.  

I mean, you're dealing with a "corporation" which is planned from the outset to end in bankruptcy, they just can't predict exactly when the income will dry up.  Might be after the election, might be next week.  

Archived