brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

17 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

So a crazy dictator can just walk into the Oval with his iPad.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Nothing. Dont believe your lyin eyes 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, visionary said:

The Supreme Court needs to tell Trump to stop coming to them to bail him out and overrule all the other courts.  

Couldn't they send the same message by not overruling all the other courts?

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Couldn't they send the same message by not overruling all the other courts?

Yes they could & should.  The only reason for the supreme court to even take a case like this would be for some kind of compelling reason, such as a lower court going against precedent or something funky.  However all Trump is doing is refusing to follow the laws on the books and trying to roll the dice that a stacked court will rule in his favor, going against the laws on the books.  They should simply say, No and to follow the DC Circuit Court's decision and be done with it.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So a crazy dictator can just walk into the Oval with his iPad.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I'm not sure what you are talking about here.....?

I'm pretty sure that The Donald goes into the Oval Office every day *  

*  On his way to the TV-room ........ every day he is not in Florida

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15175160

This is fake.  If real Donald Trump moved that feverishly, he would drop dead from a heart attack within 15 seconds.

(Hmmm, maybe someone can teach him those dance moves...)

• Thanks 1

Granted, it's from a fictional book I've read.  But recall a statement in a book saying that when military personnel encounter an officer who they don't think is entitled to respect, they address him as "Lieutenant" or "Major", to avoid calling him "sir".  

• Like 1

The crimes of those he pardoned should be highlighted in every detail, the scorecard of those fellow soldiers who testified against them (lots) vs those who testified in support (few to zero) should be stated over and over, and Donald Trump should be made to own that travesty. 

I would like to hear from any active duty military or veteran on here to see whether they agree that these pardons are an insult to any military man or woman who managed to serve honorably.

• Like 3

As an actual Navy Chief, I can say that referring to me or any other Chief as E-7 is a major insult.  However, it is not POTUS or any officer that decides if a member is actually a "Chief". It's other Chiefs who decide that vs an E-7.  And those discussions are not had/decided in front of others.  They happen inside the Mess.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Granted, it's from a fictional book I've read.  But recall a statement in a book saying that when military personnel encounter an officer who they don't think is entitled to respect, they address him as "Lieutenant" or "Major", to avoid calling him "sir".  

It is done a lot more with tone than the words used.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

As an actual Navy Chief, I can say that referring to me or any other Chief as E-7 is a major insult.  However, it is not POTUS or any officer that decides if a member is actually a "Chief". It's other Chiefs who decide that vs an E-7.  And those discussions are not had/decided in front of others.  They happen inside the Mess.

It is done a lot more with tone than the words used.

In your opinion would you (or will others in the Navy) treat Gallagher differently or as "not a real Chief" now that he technically has that position back?

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

In your opinion would you (or will others in the Navy) treat Gallagher differently or as "not a real Chief" now that he technically has that position back?

I was curious about that too. 

This smells like a guy who is rejected and eventually ends up in some cult militia. 

So basically a murderous sociopath who was given a license to do whatever he pleased. And then when it was finally just too much and he was brought to justice, was given a pardon by another sociopath who probably sees the guy's actions as "tough". 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So basically a murderous sociopath who was given a license to do whatever he pleased. And then when it was finally just too much and he was brought to justice, was given a pardon by another sociopath who probably sees the guy's actions as "tough". 

White men killing innocent brown and black people is the ultimate act of heroism in the eyes of conservatives. Has been true throughout US history. 

Trump is decades of pent up rage against America’s acceptance of minorities and drift towards social liberalism. Deep down inside, every conservative voter wants a return of the times when laws existed only to subjugate minorities and white men had complete immunity to kill, rape and enslave. That’s when America was truly great.

Pardoning murders in the military is slightly more acceptable than say, pardoning Dylan Roof, but the idea is the same. A signal to your hardcore base that murdering brown people is good and the government will support you as long as we control it.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1