brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

The point isn’t to find anything it’s to poison the well for voters. I assume it will be a huge talking point if Biden wins the primary, even if nothing comes of he investigation.  It’s not the end result that matters, it’s a way to get him dirty.  Although I suppose it is possible Ukraine could make something up to help Trump even more if they wanted to.  Trump shouldn’t be withholding things from Ukraine to coerce them to help him harm his opponents anyway. 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Pretty telling that Trump Administration Indictments are outpacing Nixon, but not the convictions and/or Prison sentences. Gee, I wonder why.........

My first thought (before I read further down) was "See, he's Reagan-esque."  

If you look at Trump's initial reaction to when Mueller was assigned to the Russia stuff, compared to how he is acting now, he obviously feels empowered to have an "Eff off, I can do as I please" attitude.  

GOP looking more and more like the big federal government party these days. A giant **** you to states by the GOP  with the emissions and candidate requirements lawsuits.

Are we living in the upside down? Edit..or mirror universe? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

GOP looking more and more like the big federal government party these days. A giant **** you to states by the GOP  with the emissions and candidate requirements lawsuits.

Are we living in the upside down? Edit..or mirror universe? 

They always were. The GOP wants to tell you how to live your life MUCH more than any of their opponents.
They don't actually do any of the things they claim to stand for.

None of it. 

No fiscal responsibility, no personal accountability, even their affinity for God is a total ****ing lie.

This is supposed to be a party that was going to take back law and order, drain the swamp, etc. etc. etc.

And it is beyond corrupt, it is traitorous, and more bloated than ever before.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

First, it's a guideline, not a law. 

Second, Barr isn't going to rescind the guideline.

Third, a new, Democrat Congress need to pass a bill making the guideline moot. A Democrat president needs to sign the bill into law.

Fourth, Kavanaugh needs to be impeached and removed from the Supreme Court. Ginsburg can retire for a job well done. The Democrat president needs to appoint two liberal judges. Obama would be a great choice, and also appoint him chief justice.

• Like 2

We need a majority liberal court to overturn all the decisions made by the ultra Right judges on the district and appeals courts appointed by Trump, after those years stonewalled by Moscow Mitch and his minions in the Senate like Collins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

We need a majority liberal court to overturn all the decisions made by the ultra Right judges on the district and appeals courts appointed by Trump, after those years stonewalled by Moscow Mitch and his minions in the Senate like Collins.

I don’t want a liberal court anymore than a conservative one. I just want decent human beings with integrity and a documented knowledge of the law and a history of applying it fairly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont think we should be nominating liberal or conservative judges anymore, no party should have control of the third branch when it's supposed to check both of then

Just now, HOF44 said:

I don’t want a liberal court anymore than a conservative one. I just want decent human beings with integrity and a documented knowledge of the law and a history of applying it fairly. 

I essentially agree with this. However, McConnell and the Republican Senate deliberately didn't confirm Obama's nominees, and have stacked the courts at every level with arch conservatives who decide in favor of corporations against small businesses and individuals, for life.

This needs to be balanced out, and right now that means at the Supreme Court level.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I essentially agree with this. However, McConnell and the Republican Senate deliberately didn't confirm Obama's nominees, and have stacked the courts at every level with arch conservatives who decide in favor of corporations against small businesses and individuals, for life.

This needs to be balanced out, and right now that means at the Supreme Court level.

That's thread worthy, I dont agree the solution to far right judges is far left judges.  We finally got a taste of what a far right federal government looks like and only way we have a chance to get out of it is because the last two generations have been predominantly left.  Theres no way out of s far left federal government, this hyperpartisan thing is completely unsubstainable.

• Like 1

You do realize that the rule of law is upheld through the courts, local, state, and federal. Right now, the federal courts are stacked with far right judges as I described above.  I stand by my statement that the only way, right now, to correct this skewing of the rule of law into a fascist state is by appointing moderate to liberal justices to the Supremes.

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You do realize that the rule of law is upheld through the courts, local, state, and federal. Right now, the federal courts are stacked with far right judges as I described above.  I stand by my statement that the only way, right now, to correct this skewing of the rule of law into a fascist state is by appointing moderate to liberal justices to the Supremes.

Disagree again, correct answer is term limits on judges and replacing them all with moderates.  Justice has to be blind, not partisan 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

First, it's a guideline, not a law. 

Second, Barr isn't going to rescind the guideline.

Third, a new, Democrat Congress need to pass a bill making the guideline moot. A Democrat president needs to sign the bill into law.

Fourth, Kavanaugh needs to be impeached and removed from the Supreme Court. Ginsburg can retire for a job well done. The Democrat president needs to appoint two liberal judges. Obama would be a great choice, and also appoint him chief justice.

Roberts would have to leave. You can't appoint for a position already taken.

I wonder how Trump would react to an attempt on him.  No death, just an injury.  Would he become more paranoid than he already is?  

Edited by Rdskns2000

46 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

(Those are the liberal ones.)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1