Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

KAC makes the stupidest comments.

No.  She's a contender for making the most dishonest.  

She knows she's spouting a lie.  In fact, she knows that the reason she's getting air time is because the network can count on her to lie.  She knows that 80% of the audience knows it's a lie.  

And she knows that lying her ass off will help keep the Republican Party in power.  And that she, personally, will suffer no penalty whatsoever for not only lying her ass off, but for being obvious about doing so.  (In fact, she'll be richly rewarded for it.)  

This is what happens when people figure out that there's no panalty at all for breaking the law.  (In this case, even a "moral law".)  

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just trying to figure out the justification for wanting the tax returns.  Do they think he claimed hush money as a tax deduction?  

I'd suspect the Manhattan DA is trying to determine if Trump (and the Trump Org) cooked the books during the hush money payments to Stormy and other women. That could be the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony.

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just trying to figure out the justification for wanting the tax returns.  Do they think he claimed hush money as a tax deduction?  

In particular, the state prosecutors are examining whether the company falsely accounted for the reimbursements as a legal expense. In New York, filing a false business record can be a crime.

But it becomes a felony only if prosecutors can prove that the false filing was made to commit or conceal another crime, such as tax violations or bank fraud. The tax returns and other documents sought from Mazars could shed light on whether any state laws were broken. Such subpoenas also routinely request related documents in connection with the returns.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Will this be the new norm?

this is when we find out the next level of damage done by this presidency. when he loses, or in my ideal scenario, is dragged from the white house kicking and screaming, the next president on either side will try to return some sense of "normalcy". I'll be interested to see what gets thrown by the wayside, alot of what he has done, is not coming back

12 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the next president on either side will try to return some sense of "normalcy". 

I’m not so sure. One of those sides has endorsed the idea that the FBI is a tool of a deep state shadow government, that the free press is the enemy, that there was an attempted illegal coup against the President, that our election system is rigged, etc. I don’t see how they come back from that.

Archived