Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

This moron is directing people who actually know science to condemn science.  If you’re planning on voting for him, you should feel shame.  Spineless idiot pricks.

Like, I care about weather.  All these idiot Trump supporters are just in it for the lolz.  They are the anarchists of the day.

I think of them more as nihilists than anything else, just like Trump and McConnell. In my observations, for the most part his hardcore supporters have no true ideological or policy direction or underpinnings outside of "pissing off/owning the libs" and "pissing off/owning the MSM". Even on the signature issues that they claim drove them to vote for him (the wall, immigration, etc) they are willing to defend him and give him a pass no matter what he does. 

They really are pretty much cult members at this point. 

There is a certain irony to keep complaining about how trump keeps complaining about the sharpey track over to alabama.  Who cares. At one point a few days before he pulled his sharpey out it was forecast to have some effects on alabama... could have let it go before he felt the need to defend himself. He could have too... now he selling 50 cent “magic markers” for 10 dollars to people.

But i guess we aren’t talking about nuking hurricanes or how we don’t know what category five hurricanes are. So there is that.

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

There is a certain irony to keep complaining about how trump keeps complaining about the sharpey track over to alabama.  Who cares. At one point a few days before he pulled his sharpey out it was forecast to have some effects on alabama... could have let it go before he felt the need to defend himself. He could have too... now he selling 50 cent “magic markers” for 10 dollars to people.

But i guess we aren’t talking about nuking hurricanes or how we don’t know what category five hurricanes are. So there is that.

I care because there was at no point a realistic chance that this hurricane would pose any grave danger to Alabama, ESPECIALLY when Trump claimed it would. So no, he wants to claim that he’s right and wants to ban NOAA from dissenting against him, I’m not giving it up.

I care.  I’ll let it go when Trump admits that he was god awfully wrong about SCIENCE.  That’s is ****ing shtick, just keep digging the hole until people give up on proving him wrong.

Hes a dumbass and he knows nothing about anything other than defrauding people.  He’s great at that and judging by this post, you’ve been defrauded as well.  Sorry about your luck.

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I'm not sure where this ranks on the scale of big deals. The problem to me is not that he got it wrong or even that he lied, but that he pressured agencies we depend upon for our national warning systems to lie.  We need to be able to trust NOAA and other groups when they broadcast alerts or open their mouths.  Under Trump, we can't.

Who knows what other numbers we hear are real? Are the unemployment numbers fudged? 

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The issue isn't whether at one point the forecast was forecasting some effect on Alabama, it's the fact he doubled down on it and lied. We know it's par for the course for him. The reason it's a huge deal is that it's an easy lie to verify. To sit in the oval office with an edited image, makes it easy to mock him. Sure there are bigger lies and issues , but this whole thing sums up his personality. This is why it's a big deal and why he needs voted out. 

Maybe he learned more from Kim Jong Un than we thought.

Directing the weather service to not contradict him... that's something Un's father would do, because he demanded they all believe he was a god-thing.

No big deal.

Just another big giant red flag to wave with all the other ones that get ignored.

Says he's the Chosen one..   called the King of israel by his propagandists... and what, half a dozen times saying in public he will remain president through three terms?  Directing scientific agencies to lie about their science, never ever ever can be told he's wrong.

Nothing to see here. 

Except everything.

~Bang

5 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

This is how low we’ve sunk as a nation. The President puts out wrong, old information about a life threatening storm, causing unneeded concern to an entire state, then lies about it repeatedly to the American people. Then his chosen head of NOAA berates scientists for putting out correct information and admonishes staff not to contradict the President. Accurate forecasts be damned.

But yeah, no big deal.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I'm not sure where this ranks on the scale of big deals. The problem to me is not that he got it wrong or even that he lied, but that he pressured agencies we depend upon for our national warning systems to lie.  We need to be able to trust NOAA and other groups when they broadcast alerts or open their mouths.  Under Trump, we can't.

Who knows what other numbers we hear are real? Are the unemployment numbers fudged? 

Just another day, in this fake presidency.

6 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

^^^

And folks, this is the answer when you wonder how the hell people can still support this lunatic.  They simply buy everything hook, line, and sinker.  And they see nothing wrong with it and it's normal to them.  

Just think about how dumb your average person is.  And remember, that is your AVERAGE person, which means 50% of the population is dumber.

And then remember that half the population voted for this lunatic.

6 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

When you think about it, it’s not surprising.  The Taliban being Muslim and all.  Wouldn’t want to bring that level of person into a Trump property.  Camp David is ok though.  Muslim Taliban would probably feel right at home at a camp site, the savages that they are.

Folks, this document they're now pointing at, and saying "see?  Right here it implies that there's a chance that a part of Alabama might feel some fringe effects."?  

It's what, the fifth lie in the series?  

I have no clue what happened with Trump and Alabama.  Never even seen where he said it.  Let alone the context, and the background that lies behind him saying it.  So I'm not going to pretend to know what went into him mentioning it.  

For example, I will say that I would have no truble at all believing that what happened was, he was shown a map, and the map included the state north of Florida, and Trump called that state "Alabama" instead of "Georgia".  I could see that happening.  Easily.  

And I have no belief at all that there was anything nefarious behind it at all.  I assume it was simply a mis-speak,  Something trivial, like Gerald Ford bumping his head on the door of Air Force One.  It's funny.  Some late night comics will use it as the jumping off points for some joke.  Some creatiive (or people who think they are) people on Facebook will generate some really mindless memes.  But anybody who thinks it's actually important has serious issues.  

But he did it.  He said one word that was wrong.  

What I do know, about this story?  

When it happened, the response was to go into third world dictatorship mode.  

Quick, somebody whip up a fake document that a four year old can tell is fake.  Oh, thank you Mr. President for doing that part for us.  

You other folks, get out there and bully your subordinates.  Fearless leader has stated that two plus two is six, and dammit, every one of you will agree with him or else.  

What's that?  The people aren't falling for the document that 10% of the populatin actually downloaded the original of, and Fearless Leader crayoned on?  I know!  Let's take the spaghetti model, (lots less people look at those), add another 30 lines on it on top of the actual lines, and release that one!  (And this time, let's have somebody use Paint to add the extra lines, instead of a crayon.)  

What?  The head of NOAA is testifying, under oath, in front of Congress about that?  Order him not to answer the question!  

And let's have some tweets announcing that the actual information is fake.  And whining about how no administration in history has ever been lied about as badly as us!  

And after, what, five days?  They've come up with a document that was days obsolete when Trump stepped on it.  Where, if you read between the lines, it says that there's a 10% chance that the extreme corner of Alabama might experience the very fringe of the storm. 

Look!  The fifth document we've produced to try to prop up our lie isn't a forgery!

The document isn't.  But the lie they're pushing with it?  It's a forgery.  

If Trump said "Alabama" because he was reading between the lines of that document, it would have been the first document they produced.  Not crayon-altered pictures (that also had been revised long before Trump said it.)  

Over 100 people have spent the last week actively falsifying information and bullying subordinates into lying.  Including under oath to Congress.  

They didn't do it because they Trump was right from the start.  They did it because he was wrong, and every single one f them knew it, and every singe one of them believed that the correct response to a mistake was a conspiracy to tell bigger lies.  

And they didn't even care if the lie was so obviously a lie that every six year old watching saw it.  They honestly believed that they were so immune from honesty that the lies don't even have to be believable.  They expected that taking a crayon to an official image would work.  

(Because they've done it 100 times before, and haven't been punished for it.)  

And now, they've simply, eventually, come up with a lie that doesn't involve obviusly forged documents.  All it took was a week, and four previous lies.  

And they expect everybody to act like they believe this one.  

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

We need to be able to trust NOAA and other groups when they broadcast alerts or open their mouths.  Under Trump, we can’t.

I agree that is terrible that NOAA has been turned into a political tool by the president.

35 minutes ago, purbeast said:

And folks, this is the answer when you wonder how the hell people can still support this lunatic.  They simply buy everything hook, line, and sinker.  And they see nothing wrong with it and it's normal to them. 

I don’t support the president. But it is quite typical for someone to say a version of something correct, and then when someone says”that’s not right” double down on their assertion. That is normal. I think everyone knows the president handles criticism... unwell.  

Dont forget, this started because someone chose to ridicule a small man about a small point. Sometimes it’s not worth it.  This was one of those times. I mean, was calling him out on an old forecast worth all the noise that followed? I don’t think so.  Let that initial fart go before we’re surrounded by ****. 

Too late. 

Meet the Press haa a graphic on the scene saying "A Matter of Trust: Can we believe what Pres. Trump says?"

Really MTP? What awful ****ing journalism to still even ask that question .

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

tomato tomato. A small point. Old information.  It takes two to tango, brother. My point is, was it worth the dance?

I have no words

It's the weather.  Like, you can't simply choose to ignore the weather like lots of the other dumb things that Trump does on the regular.  It's important because it's the little things.  Perhaps I'm so caught up on it because I love following the weather and this ****stick is interjecting himself when it would be better just to let professionals do their work.

That's his problem, kinda like most outspoken republican's problems and also guys like Bernie Sanders' problem.  They have to have an opinion on EVERYTHING and their opinion has to always be right.  Plus Trump is so bad as to make his stooges try and cover for him.

Oh, cool,, two to tango.

One lies, the other says you're lying.

Liar then lies again, and again is called on the lie, which leads to another lie..

Yeah, everything is equal here. Both are at fault.

Serious lack of perspective.

~Bang

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

But it is quite typical for someone to say a version of something correct, and then when someone says”that’s not right” double down on their assertion. That is normal.

Very very few of them send their staff out to find days-old documents, pull out a crayon, alter the document, order it dry mounted, and go on national TV to claim that it proves they didn't make a mistake, and anybody who says they did is lying.  

Edit:  Very few people, when making hiring decisions, select employees based on their willingness to go along with this ****

An even smaller number than that think that the Attorney General of the US should be selected based on this criteria.  

On the other hand, generating carefully phrased phrases to try to paint something as something else, that's a lot more common.  

Archived