brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Granted I've only been alive for 8 Presidents, but has there been one who so throroughly gets rebuked from meeting with people? Athletes. Celebs. Now gun shooting victims?

I'm sure he's telling his staff these people are losers who chose to get shot anyways.

From Ohio. Folks online are wondering if this person/kid was a shooting victim or just somebody at the hospital who agreed to be in a pick with him. she does look borderline too young to be in a bar.

Sometimes I wonder what George Carlin would say about where we are today as a country.  Unfortunately, I imagine hed sit up, say "I told you", and go back to dead

Edit:  @tshile just saw your post, we're you listening to Carlin on Pandora and wondering the same thing about what he'd say?  I don't blame you.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

That one guy in the video talking about how he was in the front row of Trump’s El Paso rally.  

😕

Also Trump is so damn awkward when talking to people like this.  He just kept repeating nonsense about how everyone is talking about them.  (Although it was nice to say they were doing a good job, though I bet that’s just empty words to him) I’m pretty sure he says this a lot in these situations. 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

That one guy in the video talking about how he was in the front row of Trump’s El Paso rally.  

😕

Also Trump is so damn awkward when talking to people like this.  He just kept repeating nonsense about how everyone is talking about them.  (Although it was nice to say they were doing a good job, though I bet that’s just empty words to him) I’m pretty sure he says this a lot in these situations. 

He's mentally disabled now on some level. He can repeat the same stuff he's said before. He can just throw together a word salad. He can't listen, process, and then respond. For all the jokes that have been made (including those by me), it's not hard to see this is not a healthy person physically or mentally. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Sometimes I wonder what George Carlin would say about where we are today as a country.  Unfortunately, I imagine hed sit up, say "I told you", and go back to dead

Edit:  @tshile just saw your post, we're you listening to Carlin on Pandora and wondering the same thing about what he'd say?  I don't blame you.

Haha no

it just popped in my head. The man was a genius. He’d eviscerate out entire general public if he could come back and do one more show...

• Like 3

Carlin is hilarious and a mega-talent as an entertainer but if you’re still holding him up as prescient and filled with insight and you’re past the age of 30, you’re living a sheltered life.

Comedians are simply comedians.  And folks that predict disaster in the hope that one appears are simply bitter pessimists.  Late-stage Carlin, when the bitterness was really kicking in, is pitiful and practically unwatchable.

Edit:  And I say that as someone that loves the guy.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Carlin is hilarious and a mega-talent as an entertainer but if you’re still holding him up as prescient and filled with insight and you’re past the age of 30, you’re living a sheltered life.

Comedians are simply comedians.  And folks that predict disaster in the hope that one appears are simply bitter pessimists.  Late-stage Carlin, when the bitterness was really kicking in, is pitiful and practically unwatchable.

I'd enjoy the gloves off thrashing hed lay upon us even if it was to the point of not being funny anymore at the end when you realize how too true it was.  Bill Maher isnt my favorite comedian, but I enjoy hearing his opinion even when its cringeworthy or I outright disagree with it.  Same way I feel about Carlin.  Sheltered would be running from what I dont want to hear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

i like my sheltered life

Ya know...TGI Friday’s would sell a lot more drinks if they changed their name to “Holy ****, it’s Only Wednesday’s!”

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd enjoy the gloves off thrashing hed lay upon us even if it was to the point of not being funny anymore at the end when you realize how too true it was.  Bill Maher isnt my favorite comedian, but I enjoy hearing his opinion even when its cringeworthy or I outright disagree with it.  Same way I feel about Carlin.  Sheltered would be running from what I dont want to hear.

“People suck, this country sucks, and I’m gonna tell you why!” is a fantastic foundation for comedy.  It’s pretty terrible as a general life philosophy...though clearly not without some merit.  Furthermore, I’m not sure Carlin would be comfortable with the idolatry.  He mostly knew it was nihilism schtick, even if the audience sometimes didn’t.

Thats all I’m saying.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Probably a case of projection.  

He's trying to talk them up.  And he thinks that how many people are talking about them is the most important thing in the world to them.  

(The fact that I bet it's untrue is also kinda relevant.  I would bet that very few people in the US are talking about how great the El Paso police response was, and nobody outside the US is.)

20 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Comedy has given me the majority of any insights i possess in pretty much anything.

The guy I wish was still around is Patrice O'neal. Even though he was an Alex Jones conspiracy theorist his political insights and racial takes on America were both hilarious and insightful.

Was just listening to an older Opie/Anthony and Patrice was going on about whatever conspiracy, but then got into how angry white people are and how its going to manifest itself baldly. (2008 ish)

Then went on discussing that at its core and direct quote here, racism trumps politics.

And he was referring to how politicians pander and how a racist messages is more relatable then talking about politics.

Sorta predicted Trump but more was talking about Obama backlash.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

Probably a case of projection.  

He's trying to talk them up.  And he thinks that how many people are talking about them is the most important thing in the world to them.  

(The fact that I bet it's untrue is also kinda relevant.  I would bet that very few people in the US are talking about how great the El Paso police response was, and nobody outside the US is.)

How many people are talking about them is Trump's go to measurement. It's all he's concerned about besides money and lying and putting down others to make himself appear bigger.

And there you have it, officially and always was all about him.  Glad none of the people still in the hospital fell for it.

• Like 1