brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Demographics would suggest that time is not on the GOP's side.  A significant proportion of its voters are seniors who will be dying off. The GOP will be relegated to a regional party covering the Bible Belt and parts of the Midwest, but will become less and less a relevant part of the national population.

Agreed, when looking into people looking i to this, Gen Z overall may be jus as liberal as Millenials.  Millenials were first generation to have a majority believe government should be larger, two in a row would explain why GOP has gotten desperate in how they go after their base.  Question is "will we make it?"

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politics/gen-z-politics/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/how-did-millennials-vote-in-the-2018-midterms-this-is-a-major-change-13087636

According to exit polls reported by NPR, two-thirds of people age 18-29 voted Democrat, which is a major bump from previous midterms. in 2014, the youth vote was more evenly split, with 54 percent of millennials voting Democrat

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Llevron said:

A new idiot is born every day and now people aren’t bound by that pesky truth and honesty like they used to be. No way they are slowing down just yet. 

Define "slowing down"?  GOP may not have reached rock bottom, but they still need to win elections to implement their policies.

Edited by Renegade7

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Come 2021 if there's a Dem President better believe Cocaine Mitch will be going on and on about the debt.

Willing to bet that every person complaining about this deal enthusiastically supported the GOP's spending increases, and the tax cuts.  The folks complaining, are complaining because the R's didn't use the debt limit as a lever to try to force the Dems to cut social spending.  (To deal with the deficit which the GOP unanimously created.)  

37 minutes ago, Springfield said:

But isn’t he at like 98% among Republicans?

And yes I realize that has not much to do with young dumb whites, but it says to me that he’s appealing to something on the right.

90% among Rs. 

Republicans tend to skew older. Whites as a % of population is higher among older generations. 

Young people (under 40] aren’t really buying what Republicans and especially Trump are selling. 

• Like 1

Honest question.

Is Trump the dumbest President in our history? Paid for degrees notwithstanding, is he actually just a highly functioning moron?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Honest question.

Is Trump the dumbest President in our history? Paid for degrees notwithstanding, is he actually just a highly functioning moron?

I don't think him dumb, he does have some mental issues though.

as do most of us. 

add

a ranked IQ list fwliw

https://www.ranker.com/list/us-presidents-by-iq/lauren-slocum

Edited by twa

2 minutes ago, twa said:

as do most of us. 

Article II withstanding...I wonder if anyone had told him how that article ends. 

43 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Honest question.

What exactly have you seen him do that you think qualifies him as "highly functioning"?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, twa said:

as do most of us. 

add

a ranked IQ list fwliw

https://www.ranker.com/list/us-presidents-by-iq/lauren-slocum

I'm not buying that list.  They're all "alleged IQ" but they never detail how they come to their IQ conclusions.  And the number that have genius level IQ is hard to believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, China said:

I'm not buying that list.  They're all "alleged IQ" but they never detail how they come to their IQ conclusions.  And the number that have genius level IQ is hard to believe.

Don't blame you, but there it is......science ****es :ols:

2 minutes ago, twa said:

Don't blame you, but there it is......pseudoscience ****es :ols:

FTFY

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Honest question.

Yes.  He knows nothing.  HE spent his entire life conning people.  He's good at the con.

Who says, he really earned those degrees.  Probably, paid someone to do the work and he just turned it in.  

Also,  he has limited mental capacity and that's diminishing each year. 

I don't know enough about every single President to say Trump is the dumbest all time (although I do have a sneaking suspicion) however I'd say he is easily the dumbest in my lifetime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I question the accuracy of those numbers.

They don't exactly match my preferred source. But they're really close. 

Although I will point out that not adjusting for inflation, at the very least, makes numbers look bigger, the more recent they are. At the very least, they should adjust the numbers for inflation. Even better, express them as a percentage of GDP. 

The poster's point still stands, even with a more reasonable ruler being used. Since Eisenhower, every single R President has left office with a bigger deficit than when he took office. And every single D President has left with a smaller one. 

I mean, I get that a lot of the Obama spending was necessary due to the economy that he inherited. Still, the deficit was higher when he left office than it ever was under Bush. I’m sure a GOP talking head would  gloss over the impact of the Bush economy on the Obama deficit which would be disingenuous of course. Also disingenuous to attribute 100% of it to Bush though.