brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Run for Governor? Jesus Christ I want out of whatever ****ing world this is 

Just don't move to Arkansas. Nothing good happens there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

 

 

But as long as you yell "no collusion" twice a day for two years, it's not illegal.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember, live...in history class, Colin Powell holding up that vial and calling BS. We later found out that it was BS, hopefully we've learned our lesson. I called that Trump would start a war, "war presidents" get reelected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I remember, live...in history class, Colin Powell holding up that vial and calling BS. We later found out that it was BS, hopefully we've learned our lesson. I called that Trump would start a war, "war presidents" get reelected.

 

I believe the point here is to get international sanctions. I believe mining waterways is illegal and we’ve known Iran to be doing it for some time so here’s some evidence. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tshile said:

 

I believe the point here is to get international sanctions. I believe mining waterways is illegal and we’ve known Iran to be doing it for some time so here’s some evidence. 

 

 

Sorry, but I rightfully don't trust anything this administration says or does. I'm not saying Iran isn't responsible, but they're going to have to provide a lot of evidence. Also, that doesn't mean we have to go to war with Iran.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Current and former department officials say Mr. Mnuchin chose the delay to avoid the possibility that Mr. Trump would cancel the plan outright and create even more controversy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

They being a Trump appointee.

 

Then he should be absolutely fine with people talking about assassinating him. Never mind that it's illegal, it's free speech. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2019/06/13/white-house-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-to-leave-at-end-of-month-trump-tweets/?utm_term=.0e2de0ddef25

 

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders to leave at end of month, Trump tweets

 

I can't access Twitter at work.  

 

 

Headline to this news, from Splinter:

 

Huck Off

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

 You could not be more full of ****. I’m sure that you were singing this exact same tune for eight years while Obama was president.

 

 By the way, the man you’re defending...  all he did for eight years was bash the president and make up lies about him. So please don’t pretend that you care about that sort of thing now.

 

I actually liked Obama.  News flash, not all conservatives hated him.  The only thing about his presidency I didn't like was the way he handled Iran and then with his launch of the abysmal ACA, that still haunts some of us today.

 

All politicians make up lies every single election year, actually most do it all the time, so that isn't really relevant either.  What's so bad right now in your world that has anything to do with what Trump has done since Jan 2017?  My bank account is swole and my IRA's have more than doubled, that's a really nice thing.  I got a bigger tax break last year due to the new tax law, that's a good thing.  If the Dems would start working with him maybe health care could finally be addressed, but no, the only thing most of our elected Dems want is to impeach or imprison.  It's one thing during an election for these elected officials to run their mouths, but now that Trump is President its time to put away the butthurt feeling they have with Hillary losing and get to work.  They should all be ashamed of themselves.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

 

How about the rule of law? Does it matter? Does a good economy (which I would be glad to debate how it actually isn't as good as you think, another time) supersede the President having to follow laws?  Are you ok with expanding executive power to the point of Nixon's statement of "If the President does it, it's not illegal"

I keep hearing this, and I keep asking people to give me specifics, but nobody ever does.  Which law or laws has he broken?  He expanded executive power due to the Dems sitting on their hands with regard to the border, in other words, he had no choice.  Securing the border should be at the top of every single U.S. citizen in this country.  Our elected Dems. turn a blind eye to it for political reasons, all the while hurting, and in some cases killing, our own citizens.  Is this right?  

11 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Sorry, but I rightfully don't trust anything this administration says or does. I'm not saying Iran isn't responsible, but they're going to have to provide a lot of evidence. Also, that doesn't mean we have to go to war with Iran.

If evidence is found that links Iran to the attacks on the ships then we can't stand by and just let it go away, although after the previous 8 years that's what they'd expect as a response.  Some nice surgical strikes into the capitol would be fitting and appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

  Which law or laws has he broken?  He expanded executive power due to the Dems sitting on their hands with regard to the border, in other words, he had no choice.  Securing the border should be at the top of every single U.S. citizen in this country.  Our elected Dems. turn a blind eye to it for political reasons, all the while hurting, and in some cases killing, our own citizens.  Is this right?  

 

No it isn't right.  In fact it's wrong.   Immigration reform is one thing, that both sides should be working on.  The Wall itself, which is about the only solution Trump has offered is a nonsense solution that wouldn't work and he couldn't even get funding for when the GOP still controlled the house, so don't try to pull the "It's the Dems fault that Trump did it."   Trump's approach to immigration from the get-go hasn't been in good faith, it's been about labeling brown folks as "the other" and as boogeyman that are going to take America's "whiteness" away from them.   That is definitely not the way a leader should act if trying to bring people together to come up with a solution.

 

The healthcare issue you mentioned before.  The Dems working with the President?  Nice try, but tell me what the President's healthcare plan is? Does he have one? All he has ever said was he wanted to repeal the ACA, which once again even the GOP would not get behind.  He has no healthcare plan.  Most of his Presidency so far has consisted of "if Obama did it, I want to undo it"  that is no kind of plan or vision for the country. 

 

As far as laws he has broken, he is actively obstructing justice so I don't need to go any further.  The investigation is in a constant stand still over his refusal to hand over documents. The emoluments clause is being violated as well.   I guess you missed the part where Trump just said he'd probably be willing to commit a felony if it helped him get re-elected?  So basically everything he's been denying that he did in 2016, he came right out and said he's do it (again) in 2020. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

I keep hearing this, and I keep asking people to give me specifics, but nobody ever does.  Which law or laws has he broken?  He expanded executive power due to the Dems sitting on their hands with regard to the border, in other words, he had no choice.  Securing the border should be at the top of every single U.S. citizen in this country.  Our elected Dems. turn a blind eye to it for political reasons, all the while hurting, and in some cases killing, our own citizens.  Is this right?  

 

Good god.

 

Have you not read the Mueller report?

 

They extensively documented 10 incidents of possible obstruction of justice by Trump, with multiple instances seeming to fit all 3 of the criteria for criminal charges. The only reason he wasn't indicted is DOJ guidelines saying a sitting POTUS can't be indicted while in office. We have a letter with over 1000 former federal prosecutors (R and D) saying that if he weren't POTUS Trump would 100% be indicted.

 

What about being directly implicated in a felony campaign finance violation scheme for which his attorney is now serving time in a federal prison?

 

What about possible emoluments violations that seem to be right out in the open?

 

I'm amazed that so many conservatives seem to be asking the exact same question you just did. I'm honestly not sure whether it's because you all didn't bother to read the report, you just read news from friendly sources, or you know perfectly well the possible/likely criminal things he's done but simply don't care and you're trying to spin it.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The simple explanation is that these Trump apologists are too intellectually lazy to actually read the Mueller report, or to acknowledge the fact that Trump just said that he would accept help from foreign powers (something that is explicitly against the law).  Its like arguing with anti-vaxxers or with flat-earth people.  They will keep insisting that 2+2=5.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.