Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

The sad thing about Ben Carson as Rep Pressley pointed out is that because of his history in the neurosurgery field he has a particular skillset and insight that can be useful in the proper position, but he has zero business being in charge of HUD.  Unlike Betsy DeVos who can offer zero to any government agency, 

I watched about 15 minutes of Ben Carson clips, he has no idea what HUD does or is doing. Most cabinet officials would at least put up some defense of their dumb policies. He was asked about REO and thought it was Oreo and then didnt know that REO stands for Real Estate Owned.

His office misappropriated funds too.

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I watched about 15 minutes of Ben Carson clips, he has no idea what HUD does or is doing. Most cabinet officials would at least put up some defense of their dumb policies. He was asked about REO and thought it was Oreo and then didnt know that REO stands for Real Estate Owned.

His office misappropriated funds too.

They are all doing what Trump wants. Trump wants to literally destroy the federal government. Other than defense/homeland security; he probably wants to get rid of the rest of it.

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They are all doing what Trump wants. Trump wants to literally destroy the federal government. Other than defense/homeland security; he probably wants to get rid of the rest of it.

Honestly I am not sure Trump himself wants to destroy the gov't. but some of his minions very likely do and Trump is empty-headed and foolish enough to go along with it probably because they know how to stroke his ego behind close doors.  Trump is in over his head in a job he has no business being in, which in turn makes him highly susceptible to people like Bolton, Stephen Miller, Bannon, etc etc.....the people behind the curtain are what frighten me more than Trump, although Trump is also doing his part to make their plans happen.  

14 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Trump deserves much of the blame.  He fills top positions with people he sees on TV or who write Op-eds supporting or protecting him.

Oh I agree, he isn't absolved by any means. What I meant is that it is obvious by the things he says that he has little understanding about anything other than manipulating property values and branding himself.   I was just pushing all his personal awful qualities to the side for a moment to explain why I think it is dangerous to have empty-headed people in such positions of power because of how easy it is for them to be guided and molded.  Take Dubya for example, when he was running he outright admitted he knew next to nothing about foreign policy and we saw how Cheney basically orchestrated every single thing. Bush still of course gets blame and rightfully so because ultimately he had to sign off on everything, but it just goes back to the danger of having an empty suit in the oval office.

Archived