Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yeah, somehow I assume that the only way to see what's on a thumb drive is to plug it in to some kind of computer.  

I would assume, some kind of well protected computer.  One that's isolated.  Assume running some software that lacks the usual "if you find any software on the just-inserted thumb drive, go ahead and run it, with administrative privileges, without even bothering to ask the operator" "feature".  

Q for the security nerds on here:  Is this auto install "feature" something that's limited to Windows?  Or does Apple have the same thing?  (Or an Apple-specific version of the same thing?)  

Does Linux have the same "auto install without asking" "feature"?  

But surely there's some kind of standard, secure, procedure, for doing that, and the FBI/NSA/SS have it.  

(Although, the report of "it immediately started installing software" does make me wonder if they were using whatever method it is.)  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Yeah, somehow I assume that the only way to see what's on a thumb drive is to plug it in to some kind of computer.  

I would assume, some kind of well protected computer.  One that's isolated.  Assume running some software that lacks the usual "if you find any software on the just-inserted thumb drive, go ahead and run it, with administrative privileges, without even bothering to ask the operator" "feature".  

Q for the security nerds on here:  Is this auto install "feature" something that's limited to Windows?  Or does Apple have the same thing?  (Or an Apple-specific version of the same thing?)  

But surely there's some kind of standard, secure, procedure, for doing that, and the FBI/NSA/SS have it.  

(Although, the report of "it immediately started installing software" does make me wonder if they were using whatever method it is.)  

There is a method to block anything plugged into a port on your machine. Multiple ways infact. Each more annoying than the other but there is always a way around any of them. Only way to be sure is to take away the possibility entirely - physically. First layer of security is the physical layer. 

Every operating system can be taken advantage of if you know the language. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

There’s a lot of necessary communication between a device and the OS when a device is plugged in.

you don’t need auto play enabled. It just has to know how to exploit what it’s plugged into. 

Theres an entire industry around - plug something into a computer and suck data out of it without permission 

4 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Damn, you gotta change that one.............

The culture of political correctness is going after Windmills now? Just last week they were your heros and could do no wrong and "didnt cause cancer". They were Godlike figures...but now that the muller report is out and they dont serve your politics you go after them. 

Typical. Lib. Bull****. 

Thanks Obama

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Hey guys, we are currently in a slow churning coup.

Still better than Hillary tho

Ain't all that slow IMO

I'm just waiting for more people to catch up to the realization that this is going to take force and probably bloodshed to alter

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Replace them? No. Appoint temporary acting ones to avoid senate confirmation, you betcha. Even your mute hero Clarence agrees to that.

It warms my heart to see Dems embracing Yoo and Thomas's legal reasoning, and even states rights.

2 hours ago, twa said:

It warms my heart to see Dems embracing Yoo and Thomas's legal reasoning, and even states rights.

Are you ok with Trump seemingly trying to circumvent Congressional confirmation of cabinet officials by firing people and then keeping acting replacements indefinitely?

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Are you ok with Trump seemingly trying to circumvent Congressional confirmation of cabinet officials by firing people and then keeping acting replacements indefinitely?

You could have ended your question 18 words sooner. 

Archived