Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

11 hours ago, nonniey said:

Actual results? The steady increase of life expectancy in the Unites States experienced prior to Obamacare stagnated and started to decline. 

This is up there with when you claimed job growth didn’t happen under Obama. 

The decrease in life exptectancy has repeatedly been found to be linked to the death rate associated with drug overdoses.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2018/s1129-US-life-expectancy.html

CDC Director’s Media Statement on U.S. Life Expectancy

“The latest CDC data show that the U.S. life expectancy has declined over the past few years. Tragically, this troubling trend is largely driven by deaths from drug overdose and suicide. Life expectancy gives us a snapshot of the Nation’s overall health and these sobering statistics are a wakeup call that we are losing too many Americans, too early and too often, to conditions that are preventable. CDC is committed to putting science into action to protect U.S. health, but we must all work together to reverse this trend and help ensure that all Americans live longer and healthier lives.”

— Robert R. Redfield, M.D., CDC Director

November 29, 2018

Why even bother? The same info was provided last night and wasn't addressed then either. For some, it's a feel thing I guess (actual hard evidence be damned).

Also..it's a spike in drug death and suicide rates particularly amongst people aged 20-40 that are having the greatest effect in the overall life expectancy here in the US. Even more specifically, the ones who have become addicted to painkillers and/or have gone over to cheap illegal drugs like meth. 

when you figure how large the boomer generation is and how they are mostly in their 70s...   to think the death rate is driven up by people overdosing and committing suicide from 20-40 paints an incredible picture.

Shocking.

~Bang

35 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is up there with when you claimed job growth didn’t happen under Obama. 

The decrease in life exptectancy has repeatedly been found to be linked to the death rate associated with drug overdoses.

Only in Tailgate can you see arguments that mental health and drug overdoses aren't health related.

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Only in Tailgate can you see arguments that mental health and drug overdoses aren't health related.

That's not the claim you made. Your claim was that life expectancy dropped because of Obamacare which is hilariously laughable bull**** that is typical of the kind of argument you get from intellectually decayed right wingers these days.

Feel free to provide any verified health study that shows that Obamacare led to an increase in the suicide rate and drug overdoses, and as a result, a decrease in life expectancy. You won't, because it's bull****, but don't let that stop you from making up an imagined reality.

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Still moving the goalposts huh? Typical.

Just admit you made an incorrect correlation and move on. Learn from it. It's called growth. 😀

It's not even that he's wrong, it's that Obamacare and particularly medicaid expansion may have actually led to fewer death according to a study done by UPenn researchers:

https://ldi.upenn.edu/healthpolicysense/medicaid-expansion-and-opioid-epidemic

I believe nonniey is making this nonsense claim because it was put out by Senate Republicans last year, with zero backing from medical professionals, and has been thoroughly debunked my health professionals ever since.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2018/s1129-US-life-expectancy.html

CDC Director’s Media Statement on U.S. Life Expectancy

November 29, 2018

Thats Obama's CDC, right? Nice try. 

52 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why even bother? The same info was provided last night and wasn't addressed then either. For some, it's a feel thing I guess (actual hard evidence be damned).

Not trying to be confrontational but im not sure we should even give them that much credit. At this point we should just call it stupid like it is. The more we legitimize this **** the more its gonna happen. again not trying to be that guy, but I am curious to see if the room feels the same way or if im off base. 

48 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

That's not the claim you made. Your claim was that life expectancy dropped because of Obamacare which is hilariously laughable bull**** that is typical of the kind of argument you get from intellectually decayed right wingers these days.

Feel free to provide any verified health study that shows that Obamacare led to an increase in the suicide rate and drug overdoses, and as a result, a decrease in life expectancy. You won't, because it's bull****, but don't let that stop you from making up an imagined reality.

What I said was life expectancy stagnated and then dropped once Obama care was implemented (That is a fact).  I also said health care utilization declined once Obama Care was implemented (also a fact - see link below - Chart is on first page). Do they correlate?  They are certainly indicators but I'll grant you indicators don't always correlate. What you all raised was specific examples that are health related issues to discount them as health related issues.  

https://www.healthcostinstitute.org/research/annual-reports/entry/2017-health-care-cost-and-utilization-report

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

What I said was life expectancy stagnated and then dropped once Obama care was implemented (That is a fact).  I also said health care utilization declined once Obama Care was implemented (also a fact - see link below - Chart is on first page). Do they correlate?  They are certainly indicators and but I'll give you indicators don't always correlate. What you all raised was specific examples that were in health related issues to discount them as health related issues.  

https://www.healthcostinstitute.org/research/annual-reports/entry/2017-health-care-cost-and-utilization-report

My dude, just drop it. You made a nonsense claim and you are now trying to find disparate pieces of data to somehow make sense of it.

You clearly stated that the "actual result" of Obamacare was decline of life care expectancy. It's been shown to you that it's nonsense. So if you admit that you made a nonsense claim based on nothing but correlation, not backed by any rigorous studies, refuted in fact by data, great. Move on.

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

My dude, just drop it. You made a nonsense claim and you are now trying to find disparate pieces of data to somehow make sense of it.

You clearly stated that the "actual result" of Obamacare was decline of life care expectancy. It's been shown to you that it's nonsense. So if you admit that you made a nonsense claim based on nothing but correlation, not backed by any rigorous studies, refuted in fact by data, great. Move on.

You actually argued that two health related issues were behind the decline in life expectancy to dispute that a Health Care Act contributed to that decline. Seriously? Talk about nonsense.

BTW did you notice the one type of Health Care Utilization that increased was prescription drug use (Opiate Deaths increased over the same time).

But her emails!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/01/white-house-whistleblower-bombshell-what-it-could-mean/?utm_term=.264ce50a7106

It wasn’t that long ago that Donald Trump ran for president making the case that Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server as secretary of state represented a grave national security threat and made her unfit for office.

Evidence is now mounting that he and his White House have taken plenty of their own shortcuts, with the kind of dire implications Trump warned about. And now a key figure is stepping forward to blow the whistle on it.

The Post’s Rachael Bade reports on a new White House whistleblower who alleges that the Trump administration has awarded 25 security clearances to people who had been denied those clearances by national security officials.

Tricia Newbold has served 18 years in the security clearance process, in both Democratic and Republican administrations. She says the denials had been issued for reasons including concerns about potential blackmail, foreign influence, conflicts of interest, questionable or criminal conduct, financial issues and drug abuse. That’s a range of denials that covers pretty much all the major reasons one might not get cleared. She alleges that the administration has looked past all of them. She even says she was told not to raise concerns and retaliated against when she did, by being demoted.

16 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You actually argued that two health related issues were behind the decline in life expectancy to dispute that a Health Care Act contributed to that decline. Seriously? Talk about nonsense.

BTW did you notice the one type of Health Care Utilization that increased was prescription drug use (Opiate Deaths increased over the same time).

How ****ing dense are you? I am not arguing anything that isn't backed by hard evidence from experts in this field. If they found that ACA led to a decline in life expectancy, because it led to more suicides and drug overdoses, I would agree with you.

Except, no one who has assessed this problem has come to the stupid conclusion that you did. You want to keep parroting it? Go ahead. You have nothing but cherry picked data and extremely weak correlations. To this point you have provided ZERO evidence of your claim that is backed by any reputable health organization. At least twa can usually whip up some bogus blog post. You are too lazy to even do that while telling others that they are wrong.

As to your second part, once again, read what the experts have to say and stop talking out of your ass:

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20170823.061640/full/

The hypocrisy side of it is one thing. This is a president, after all, who once said merely being negligent about email was disqualifying. He said Clinton was “putting all of America and our citizens in danger — great danger.” He added on Facebook that it was “a profound national security risk.”

To wit:

• He blurted out a highly classified piece of information to Russian leaders that risked jeopardizing a key foreign policy alliance.
  • He has engaged in multiple highly secretive face-to-face meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin where even top national security officials were in the dark.
  • He kept Michael Flynn on as national security adviser for weeks despite warnings that Flynn could be susceptible to blackmail because he had lied to the White House.
  • He turned a dining room at Mar-a-Lago into an open-air situation room, strategizing about a North Korean missile launch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
  • There have been reports that Trump has disregarded advice from security experts about his cellphone use and even that he has pressed forward with an unsecured phone we know the Russians and Chinese can listen in on. [PB edit:  for ****s sake]
  • Multiple top White House aides have reportedly used private email to discuss White House matters, both potentially flouting records laws and posing unnecessary security threats.

*Using phone we know he knows Russians are listening to*

"Damn Kelly-Anne, can you imagine all the good you could do for your country 😏🍆 💦💦🤔without any teeth holding you back?" 

*Kelly-Anne gets a Russian makeover*

"I got you boo" 

"No collusion" - Bob Muller 

Judging the ACA is a very hard thing to do. For one thing, it has been routinely underfunded. For another, it has been constantly sabotaged. For a third thing, a number of states made it almost impossible for its citizens to sign up or refused to participate in the exchanges even at enormous cost to the well being of its constituents.

The ACA was an unwieldy Frankenstein cobbled together from too many compromises. That said, imagine how much better we'd all be if the Republican Party had any interest in improving it instead of using every dirty trick in the book to make it look bad or undo it. The very fact that the ACA has worked as well as it has despite the constant efforts by the GOP to poison it suggests that this could have become an incredible boon to America and Americans.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

What I said was life expectancy stagnated and then dropped once Obama care was implemented (That is a fact).  I also said health care utilization declined once Obama Care was implemented (also a fact - see link below - Chart is on first page). Do they correlate?  They are certainly indicators but I'll grant you indicators don't always correlate. What you all raised was specific examples that are health related issues to discount them as health related issues.  

and global temperatures are RISING since Obamacare too...    and the ****ing Eagles won a ****ing superbowl.... 

Thanks-Obama196.jpg

Archived