Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

6 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

Why can't it all be chalked up to the Democrats and Republicans having different views on topics and leave it at that? 

There's a difference between having differences of opinion and outright lies. Discussions about policy differences and theology are great discussions to have. However, outright lying about things, nearly everything, is something that shouldn't be normalized from the presidential office. There are many things Trump has done that shouldn't be accepted on any level. Something as simple as lying about crowd size at an inauguration may seem insignificant and a pointless argument to make, but it is a personality trait of the guy that is unacceptable. The things that have happened and things he said since then just provide more evidence of unacceptable personality traits in a leader. 

keeping this brief for now, will be addressing a few relevant things in a thread, later.

first, @Force1958---you're done posing in the tailage until you hear otherwise from me. if you pm me to plead your case, expect no reply anytime soon. i'm not putting you into the banned from the tailgate category at this time, but i suggest you look for a thread i'll start sometime soon about "es and community." for now, you can return to the posting habits you had here until quite recently.

second, Force brought up abortion and that better not cue any lunkheads to talk about that or other OT stuff--if you did while i was typing this, edit that out now.

third, you all need to spend less time worrying at/on other posters---mods can do that---most of you would benefit addressing the need to clean your own sloppy **** up, esp. those who think they don't, and be sure and read that thread that's coming cuz it will be about such matters and more.

6 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

There's a difference between having differences of opinion and outright lies. Discussions about policy differences and theology are great discussions to have. However, outright lying about things, nearly everything, is something that shouldn't be normalized from the presidential office. There are many things Trump has done that shouldn't be accepted on any level. 

This.

Look I have been here on these forums from the beginning of the George W. Bush administration through Obama and now almost a few years into Trump.  There is a reason most of the conservative presence has all but stopped posting.  It is become increasingly harder and harder for them to defend nonsense and fantasy land things that the GOP has started to embrace.

I remember in 2002/2003 having real concrete policy discussion-debates over whether the Iraq War was justified.  I remember the same about the Bush tax cuts, etc etc etc......when Obama got elected, something changed.  Suddenly it was no longer about policy and about creating a fake depiction of someone and hammering away at it. A strawman, not just over a single issue, about an actual candidate.  Then Trump gets elected and he has pretty much created his own bubble around himself and if you don't stuff your loyalty inside of it, tossing critical thinking by the way-side, you can't understand what people see in the guy (outside of white nationalists). 

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

jeezuz

keeping this brief for now, will be addressing a few relevant things in a thread, later.

first, @Force1958---you're done posing in the tailage until you hear otherwise from me. if you pm me to plead your case, expect no reply anytime soon. i'm not putting you into the banned from the tailgate category at this time, but i suggest you look for a thread i'll start sometime soon about "es and community." for now, you can return to the posting habits you had here until quite recently.

second, Force brought up abortion and that better not cue any lunkheads to talk about that or other OT stuff--if you did while i was typing this, edit that out now.

third, you all need to spend less time worrying at/on other posters---mods can do that---most of you would benefit addressing the need to clean your own sloppy **** up, esp. those who think they don't, and be sure and read that thread that's coming cuz it will be about such matters and more.

Well this sucks.  Once again, Jumbo, you've jumped in where you didn't need to. 

30 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Well this sucks.  Once again, Jumbo, you've jumped in where you didn't need to. 

gee, dan, that's a great opinion and i'd figure at least a couple others share it, but there's a way to do that and you know it--i've even dealt with you on this sort of thing with charity more than once in the past because you're such a great long time posters, but not this time---and, as is often the case in these instances, you don't even---gasp---know what you don't know, whether about matters like dupe accts in play or other mods involved etc.

remember in the future there's a process for feedback.

btw, moderating of these matters will be part of the topic in the upcoming thread. 

If you love Trump, enjoy his remaining 2 years and if he wins reelection in 2020; enjoy the next 4 after that.

Respect President Trump?  You know respect is earned and as has been mentioned by several posters; Trump has done little to earn that respect. He's actually done the opposite.

The man only ran to make himself more money.  Initially, in an attempt to get a raise from NBC but as the campaign went on; he realized he could use his run to make himself money.  We see him doing that, as president.  The man didn't run to make America great again, he ran to make himself more money.

Trump will never get the respect his supporters think he deserves.  He's their president and only their president.  Trump, literally is only governing for them only.

This talk about disrespecting Trump is bull.   

The GOP never accepted Clinton's election and investigated him from early in his term.  They found nothing other than he lied about an affair under oath and that had nothing to do with what they were investigating.  How many of those GOP congress idiots were having their own affairs?

Then when Obama became president, they were actively working to make sure his presidency was a failure.

I don't see any respect there.

If Hillary has won, there would've been investigations from Day one and probably she would've been through an impeachment proceeding already.

hmmm...this supposedly expansive nyt piece breaking now on trump souring on whitaker, and trump's attempts to put a shill in charge of the cohen case may have some legs...a couple of the conservative legal minds who laugh at the use of the i word are saying this is a very serious thing...

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

hmmm...this supposedly expansive nyt piece breaking now on trump souring on whitaker, and trump's attempts to put a shill in charge of the cohen case may have some legs...a couple of the conservative legal minds who laugh at the use of the i word are saying this is a very serious thing...

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/19/us/politics/trump-investigations.html

ANOTHER very serious thing!

Golly!

seriously, if it will take until October to be able to begin on Stone due to the mountain of evidence, we may not try Trump til 2055 while they get it all ready.

it'll probably take a year just to read the charges.

~Bang

3 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like whenever Jumbo starts rumbling from on high he's talk to/about me and my big yap?

Yeah... I feel like I need to apologize or go to my room. I get the sense that none of Jumbo's kids ever get dessert ;)

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Returning to point, this Saudi Arabia thing is mind blowing. Not only is the country getting away Scott free for the brutal execution of an American journalist, but we're rewarding them with nuclear material? What are they thinking?

But-- but... URANIUM ONE!

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like whenever Jumbo starts rumbling from on high he's talk to/about me and my big yap?

Every ****ing time. Then I start looking for people who did worse than I did to make myself feel better. 

40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

This is pretty scary 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Come on guys, at least Trump isn't going on an apology tour. 

For real though, another moment where I ask my GOP friends, you ok with this?

Need more details

as far as SA, they will get nuclear power tech from us or someone else(Russia probably) since Iran has.

There are old reports they have access to nukes in Pakistan if needed....money talks.

Are my Dem friends still supporting the Obama Iran deal?

Archived