Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

40 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He's completely childish. And not in the normal sense of that phrase where you're talking about a person who can act immature sometimes. I mean he literally has the mind of a child. It's in the way he views the world, the way he interacts with people, the way he throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way, his complete and utter bliss at being ignorant of anything he doesn't want to understand.

speaking informally/simplistically (not clinically), much of trump's emotional schema and his style of reactivity when relating to his "outside world" is that of being "stuck" in  an adolescent stage of development, featuring privilege, entitlement, envy, greed, petulance, and malevolence underlying the budding narcissism (which will partially be serving to cover yuge insecurities)...very very "important me important me important me" focused from "all sides" including "internally"....

would have been the kind of kid in lots of legal trouble if not born of wealth... and his racist crooked dictator daddy browbeat him regularly since a toddler and later sent him off to a well-structured and controlled schooling path (i.e. as to "successful" completion guaranteed; scandals or issues buried) while also setting him up yugely to propagate the family interests ever forward, teaching him all the laws of the jungle as fred would see it, and hooking him up with the big time slimeball operators of the day (mccarthy, cohen, ny mob)

like the kardashians,  joel osteen,  sean hannity, and so so many others, it's a classic american success story, reflecting the grandeur of the greatest nation and society in history

Suppose it's legit to complain about lack of coverage on the caravan, now. Although I would assert that says more about the media than it says about Trump. 

If you want to say something about Trump, go find out if those troops are still there. 

Probably comments on both. Both the White House and some in the media rely on manufactured outrage. OTOH, I still worry about all those kids who have not been reunited with their parents and how severe the underreporting of the actual numbers likely is.

The media is in a no-win situation though. 

Trump starts making things up, Fox & other right-wing outlets parrot the nonsense to keep riling people up.  What are legitimate media outlets supposed to do in those situations?  Maybe they could dial down the amount of time they let those things dominate the news cycle, possibly lessening their impact? However, to just completely ignore it all together would not help either I don't think.

Predicto once brought up a Gish Gallop, a term i had never heard before he talked about it in one of these threads one day a few years ago

In a debate the weaker side does nothing but continually fling ridiculous assertions and accusations that cause the opponent to do nothing except defend against bull**** and garbage throughout the debate, and are never able to actually get their own thoughts out or even bring the debate around to any real issues at all. 

The entire GOP is like that. it's all the president DOES for crying out loud.. The entire right wing media machine is nothing but a constant Gish Gallop.

This is what makes more reputable media react like they do. They force them to continually react to their never ending assault of bull****, which in turn makes it headline "news".. and of course distracts from the actual state of affairs.

~Bang

I forget what show/network recently stopped showing some of the rally stuff live because they couldn't fact check fast enough.

The other networks need to just be honest (I know) and either run clips after they have been vetted and be clear that was he or Sanders are saying is not true. Or, just run a graphic at the bottom with the fact check with True or Lie and their source on how it was determined either/or.

I hate that they just bombard us with so much **** we can't even keep up.

That the President just fired the AG so that he can directly undermine, interfere or stop the investigation into himself is pretty much unprecedented. 

And they distract us with the administration literally providing doctored and fake video portraying a private citizen of the free press committing a crime as justification for this person's ability to hold the admin accountable. That is just unheard of in America and would be the biggest story of like 95% of any other Presidency. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Yeah and if you listen to his answer in the clip he tries to do one of those moves where he uses an anecdote about crime associated with illegal drugs, as evidence of marijuana wrecking things, without acknowledging or being asked a follow-up about whether he thinks LEGALIZING it would help curb crime associated with illegal drugs. 

Wait why are we upset about his comments on the pot legalization?

thats exactly how I felt and still feel - the whole thing hinders on the current POTUS not sending in the DEA after everyone. It’s a terrible way to do things. Sessions seemed to want to undo that when he first got the AG spot. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Wait why are we upset about his comments on the pot legalization?

thats exactly how I felt and still feel - the whole thing hinders on the current POTUS not sending in the DEA after everyone. It’s a terrible way to do things. Sessions seemed to want to undo that when he first got the AG spot. 

Did you listen to the actual clip?  He kind of bait & switches.  The first part of what he says makes sense, but then when pressed on legalizing it federally he flips and talks about how it would be a bad idea.

Archived