Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Seriously, the above post by @Cooked Crack.  What could Trump possibly do now to worsen people's opinion of him?  Even if he uses the n-word during the State of the Union, his supporters will find some way to excuse or justify it.

"Rappers use that word all the time. It's time we have a real conversation about that word." The only thing that would worsen his opinion with his base is if we found him with an underage boy. Roy Moore proved underage girls are fine. Also, maybe if he starts cursing Jesus on TV but I think he'd still get a pass for that/

20 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Is it his fragile ego or his vile business dealings that compels Trump to force everybody around him to sign agreements not to say bad things about him?

I'm just admiring that Trunp has decided that his response to her claims (which, frankly, sound pretty petty, to me), isn;t to ignore them as beneath you, or to dismiss them as coming from a disgruntled, fired, employee.  Nor is he using the "that's not true" defense.  (Which, admittedly, is tough to do when you're talking about tapes.)  

Nope, he's decided to run with the "You promised not to tell!" defense.  

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

"Rappers use that word all the time. 

Kind of OT, but I think IceT has the best take on the "who can use that word" controversy that Ive read or seen anywhere.  Not sure if it belongs to him or if he borrowed it, but it kind of ends all discussion on the above kind of moral equivalency

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:
On another note ..

I'd dial it back, man. I doubt that nonniey and I agree on a lot of things but he's entitled to his view, even if it's wrong. ?

Hes absolutely right though. We cant even have an honest conversation because people want to pretend that opinion and idiocy are just as good as facts and they aint. Just look at how it ended. Nothing accomplished, no one learned anything, time wasted. I really think we need to start calling this **** out as what it is. Lies, wrong and stupid. 

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd dial it back, man. I doubt that nonniey and I agree on a lot of things but he's entitled to his view, even if it's wrong. ?

I didn’t say anything bad about him as a person or said he shouldn’t have an opinion.

The “have a coke and a smile...” bit is from Eddie Murphy Raw.

Just now, zoony said:

Kind of OT, but I think IceT has the best take on the "who can use that word" controversy that Ive read or seen anywhere.  Not sure if it belongs to him or if he borrowed it, but it kind of ends all discussion on the above kind of moral equivalency

I think you might have been talking about Ice Cube.

Just a quick comment on 2016.  I think Bush, Rubio and Kasich would've beaten Clinton.  The GOP didn't want them, they wanted Trump.

AS for the "N" word and Trump; if those tapes come out; it will probably cause his poll numbers to rise. 

Trump is the representation of what the GOP voter is today.  Those who are 100% with Trump for everything he stands for.  Those who are with Trump because he is getting them what they want in tax cuts, deregulation, right wing judges, etc...   Those who with him because supporting him, keeps them in power.

I hope enough people get off their asses and vote in the midterms.  A Democratic House, at least keeps Trump in check.   Also, it's vitale the Dems take back some governorships and state legislatures.  We can't have the GOP rig another decade of control.  Trump and his GOP is going to do everything in their power to prevent that.  

45 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hes absolutely right though. We cant even have an honest conversation because people want to pretend that opinion and idiocy are just as good as facts and they aint. Just look at how it ended. Nothing accomplished, no one learned anything, time wasted. I really think we need to start calling this **** out as what it is. Lies, wrong and stupid. 

the worse thing that has happened in American discourse is lying becoming a valid point. We need to stop that. Lying should never be accepted, yet too many are willing to let that in.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

So true. SHS has shown time and again that she has absolutely no problem with blatantly lying when defending Trump against whatever the accusation or scandal du juor is.  To me, her refusal to rule out a tape of him saying the n word means one of a few things:

1) She has direct knowledge that there is, in fact, a tape out there of him saying it.

2) She has been stung so often in the past by denying things about Trump only to have them proven to be true (sometimes by Mango Mussolini himself) that she is just being extra cautious now to try and cover her own ass so she isn't caught in a lie and stung yet again.

3) She doesn't really care about lying or being caught in one and just knows that Trump is a guy who likely did say that so she's trying to protect him and herself by hedging her bets when answering the question.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

No I'm not going to dig through radio broadcasts and transcripts especially given the style I described. You say you've listened to her/it so you know what I describe is accurate already. Sacks I suggest you begin semi regularly listening to Democracy Now you'll be able to pick up on what I'm saying in no time.

Not really interested because I know they are hyper-biased. Coming back to the original claim that they are on the level of Infowars though, you shouldn't have to dig very hard to find some conspiratorial lies and misreporting if that were true. Here, I'll spend 30 seconds and find an example from Infowars.

SCALIA’S DEATH LINKED TO BOHEMIAN GROVE, ILLUMINATI

This is probably at least a dozen times someone has asked you to back up your claim. You might be right. I don't think you are and that's why I'd like to see some supporting evidence. You might also be wrong which is actually ok. We're all wrong at some point. What's not ok is refusing to admit it.

59 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really think we need to start calling this **** out as what it is. Lies, wrong and stupid. 

If he dug through all the archived pod casts and comprised his list the same people would continue to defend Democracy Now. And in the same way. 

So what should we call that? I got a few words for it.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

He is entitled to his wrong opinion but this idea that we're going to pretend it's valid is very dangerous. You don't need to be so nice when people are very clearly full of crap. It's part of the equation that has gotten us to where we are... We've normalized being full of crap.

Just now, tshile said:

Of course. 

The content people link to tell you all you need to know about them.

LOL.

Here is the thing, there are left equivalents of InfoWars out there. No one is sharing that content.

The fact that @nonniey chose to die on the Democracy Now=InfoWars, a news outlet that barely gets mentioned on here shows he didn't do the research and is making up stuff. It's that simple. No need to defend lies, yet you did just that.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We've normalized being full of crap.

The obvious problem is that the people that are full of crap are never held accountable.

An interesting question is which people full of crap know that they are people full of crap.

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

If he dug through all the archived pod casts and comprised his list the same people would continue to defend Democracy Now. And in the same way. 

So what should we call that? I got a few words for it.

It's not true dude. Democracy Now is a hyperpartisan outlet with biased, slanted reporting of the facts. Nobody should be paying attention to them but the FACTS part is why it was a dumb comparison. Infowars is a nutter tabloid for pseudo-scientists and conspiracy theorists that publishes outright falsehoods.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The fact that @nonniey chose to die on the Democracy Now=InfoWars, a news outlet that barely gets mentioned on here shows he didn't do the research and is making up stuff.

He chose to not bother searching through the archived podcasts to find the information. That seems completely reasonable in the grand scheme of things. He doesn't listen regularly, so it could take a long time since he probably doesn't know exactly which ones are which.

Instead of letting it be you got on your bull**** horse about lies and such, when you're one of the most rabid posters of bull**** 'articles' on this site.

Nonniey has a pretty good history of decent conversation and willingness to concede a point when someone shows he's wrong. You? :ols:

Just now, tshile said:

Of course. 

The content people link to tell you all you need to know about them.

Really? I think people's posting history in this thread illustrates quite well who have some degree of intellectual honesty. I've seen many people on here correct themselves or admit mistakes when faced with new information. I see waaaaaay more evidence of self-correction from non-gop media sources and media consumers.

This smells like more false equivalency bull**** to be honest. I see Dem. Now posts every now and then on facebook and I've yet to see any even approaching the level of Alex Jones' nonsense.

Archived