• Blog Entries

    • By TK in ES Coverage
         0
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 
       
      It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 
       
      The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 
       
      To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
brandymac27

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Trump is so much more than politically inept.

.......

Was referring to that like Obama his political ineptitude will greatly contribute to opposition gains during elections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Was referring to that like Obama his political ineptitude will greatly contribute to opposition gains during elections. 

How was Obama politically inept?

 

edit: Also, I asked you a couple of days ago about some conspiracy regarding the Koch brothers that you referenced. What was that?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're so far past the point of any of this mattering. We know he's a racist. We know those tapes exist. We know that SHS lies every day. We know Trump is a sexist pig who treats women as objects. We know that Omarosa is a disgusting individual.

 

His supporters and enablers simply do not care. He's mocked the disabled, he's defended the KKK, he's stood on stage and told the world he believes Putin over our own intelligence, he's insulted gold star families and POWs, he's lied about banging a porn star and paying her off, he's created orphans to appease his base's racist hatred, and the list goes on and on and on and on. You can release the N-word tapes tomorrow and the same thing will happen. Nothing. Nonniey will come in here and compare him to Obama then say the people who are outraged are going to get him re-elected. Kilmer's going to blame democrats and say that the left is still worse than the right, Ax is going to recite a bunch of right wing fiction while claiming he doesn't listen to right wing media and that he is super objective and grounded in reality, twa is going to twa with no care in the world that he is aligning himself with morally bankrupt individuals and actual evil, 35-40% of the country is going to be the same.

 

The sheer weight and magnitude of depravity coming from the GOP would negate any debate in a civilized group (whether it's as large as the United States or as small as an internet message board) where the members had any shred of moral integrity and the ability to think for themselves but here we are, defending the indefensible. It's ****ing gross.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We're so far past the point of any of this mattering. We know he's a racist. We know those tapes exist. We know that SHS lies every day. We know Trump is a sexist pig who treats women as objects. We know that Omarosa is a disgusting individual.

 

His supporters and enablers simply do not care. He's mocked the disabled, he's defended the KKK, he's stood on stage and told the world he believes Putin over our own intelligence, he's insulted gold star families and POWs, he's lied about banging a porn star and paying her off, he's created orphans to appease his base's racist hatred, and the list goes on and on and on and on. You can release the N-word tapes tomorrow and the same thing will happen. Nothing. Nonniey will come in here and compare him to Obama then say the people who are outraged are going to get him re-elected. Kilmer's going to blame democrats and say that the left is still worse than the right, Ax is going to recite a bunch of right wing fiction while claiming he doesn't listen to right wing media and that he is super objective and grounded in reality, twa is going to twa with no care in the world that he is aligning himself with morally bankrupt individuals and actual evil, 35-40% of the country is going to be the same.

 

The sheer weight and magnitude of depravity coming from the GOP would negate any debate in a civilized group (whether it's as large as the United States or as small as an internet message board) where the members had any shred of moral integrity and the ability to think for themselves but here we are, defending the indefensible. It's ****ing gross.

I tend to agree. The problem is not Trump. The problem is that Trump is only the flag on top of the iceberg. Underneath that flag is a mountain of rot. That's GOP led Washington and the conservative media. However, that's not the worst of it either. Beneath that, is the 90% of the iceberg that we can't see. The 30% of the country that actually believes and agrees with Trump. The fifteen percent who are so party blind that they will forgive anything their team does.The five percent like Jeff Flake who speak loudly, but carry no stick whatsoever and instead rollover and beg. It's worse than Russia tricking us though that's part of it. It may even be worse than Russia manipulating the actual ballot which I am more than a little tin-hat afraid of. It's that a plurality of this nation is part of the problem and a far larger part than I ever imagined. 

 

The very real damage we are doing to community, economy, environment and foreign relationships/alliances is going to harm us possibly for decades to come. Most of the iceberg accepts it for a tax cut they aren't even getting and the hope that next time, the tax cut will lead to a wage increase and not another stock buy back.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The sheer weight and magnitude of depravity coming from the GOP would negate any debate in a civilized group (whether it's as large as the United States or as small as an internet message board) where the members had any shred of moral integrity and the ability to think for themselves but here we are, defending the indefensible. It's ****ing gross.

That's where I wonder about the Trump effect. Has he shown all of these people that if you abandon rationality and intellectual honesty, you in essence become bullet proof, or did they already know? It seems like a relatively recent phenomenon, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm confused how you can just as fake without the fakeness so I can't answer this.

 

My bad I meant without the baggage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Oh FFS. Seriously? You really think he won because he was black and had an odd name?

Never said a word about an odd name. But yes, I don't believe a white guy, with the same lack of any meaningful record, either politically, or privately, would have had any chance whatsoever of defeating the Clinton machine in the 2008 primary. No way, no how.

 

Once Obama started gaining traction, the D's decided that having the 1st Black President, was bigger/better than having the 1st female president.

(They were correct, too)

So then, they bought Hillary off with a cabinet position she had no business ever getting. And the promise of their full support for her after Obama was out the door. As much as they hate her, the machine has too much dirt on the party for them to ever betray her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we said many times it's all about turnout ... but here's why we get ****ty politicians

 

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/08/206686/young-women-vote-poll-cbs-refinery29

 

"While 70% of millennial women said they are "dissatisfied" or "angry" with the direction of the Trump Administration, only 30% said they will “definitely” vote this fall. "

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How was Obama politically inept?

 

 

He let donald trump get elected by not confronting Russia on the election mesling when he had a chance out of fear that it it tarnish his reputation.

 

7 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I know we said many times it's all about turnout ... but here's why we get ****ty politicians

 

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/08/206686/young-women-vote-poll-cbs-refinery29

 

"While 70% of millennial women said they are "dissatisfied" or "angry" with the direction of the Trump Administration, only 30% said they will “definitely” vote this fall. "

 

 

Its about out time to let people vote from their  cell phones, I think Maine was trying this year or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/14/media-conspiracy-theories-devin-nunes-getting-control/

 

Quote

 

It is worth noting that Nunes’ and others’ work doing real congressional oversight has deeply embarassed the media. Without congressional oversight, the country would not know:

  • That Clinton and the DNC secretly funded Fusion GPS’s dossier.
  • That Trump affiliates were wiretapped during the campaign.
  • That a $50 million public relations operation is ongoing to feed Russia stories to the media and government even now.
  • That the FBI is working with this group running the PR operation.
  • That Bruce Ohr’s wife worked for Fusion GPS.
  • That top officials were leaking to CNN.
  • That the unverified dossier was used to justify FISA warrant applications.
  • That no official intelligence was used in Peter Strzok’s electronic communication launching the investigation.

And much, much more. Yes, Nunes makes the media’s role in this story look just terrible. Still, their derangement toward him is getting ridiculous.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ax

 

Obama ran several successful campaigns prior to his one as president, his success each time isn’t a racial thing. If people voted for him just because he was black he would have been a one term president. There is no affirmative action in politics.

 

The reason President Obama won first time is he pioneered the use of social media.  Donald Trump exploited it

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

@Ax

 

Obama ran several successful campaigns prior to his one as president, his success each time isn’t a racial thing. If people voted for him just because he was black he would have been a one term president. There is no affirmative action in politics.

 

The reason barrack won’t the first time is he pioneered the use of social media, Donald Trump exploited it

A very reasonable stance. I just don't agree with all of it.

 

Yes, he had successful campaigns under his belt. But against who? I doubt it was anybody with the political war machine of the Clintons.

I think it's pretty obvious his color, while not the only thing he had going for him, was the overriding factor in his beating her. And that without it, his other assets would not have been enough.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he is saying just because.

I do wonder how Hillary would have fared if she was a male at times. :ph34r:

 

Obama was change and hope in a time of fear and disruption that Hillary could not project to many black,latino and younger voters.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, twa said:

I for one believe Cruz woulda been POTUS.

I don't think there was a single Republican out there that would have beat Hillary. The press has effectively cut the balls off of every R presidential candidate since Bush was re-elected. 

 

Trump was the only one with a chance. It was a slim chance, but he pulled it off. 

Thank Buddha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Its about out time to let people vote from their  cell phones, I think Maine was trying this year or something like that.

 

I think thats a wonderful idea but I have no clue how we could do that with any kind of security. Our own people are bad enough actors, and now with the Russians in the system and the Chinese in the wings im almost ready to go back to paper smh. I know I shouldn't let fear of other countries hold back the technological advance but damn if we are ready to even protect ourselves at this point.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bearrock said:

Just going by a recent frontrunner ranking,

 

Sanders, Warren, Biden, Harris.  Would you support any of them?  Or what about my dream pick, Mark Warner? (Run damn you!!)

No to Sanders and Warren.  Biden probably yes.  Harris and Warner I dont know enough about.  And I cant find any quick cheat sheet on positions and voting records.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

My bad I meant without the baggage 

Hard to say.  The baggage was such a big part.  I would probably lean no assuming the "candidate" changed themselves depending on the crowd.  And wouldn't release speeches to wall street bankers.  That was probably one of the biggest things that hurt Hillary to me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burgold said:

The five percent like Jeff Flake who speak loudly, but carry no stick whatsoever and instead rollover and beg.

 

 

It seems the only Republicans who will forcefully speak out against Trump are those who have already announced they are not seeking reelection.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

 

It seems the only Republicans who will forcefully speak out against Trump are those who have already announced they are not seeking reelection.

 

There was a WaPo article on Gillespie (out-of-state, lobbyist) who ran a pretty nasty campaign against Northam (veteran, pediatrician), where he tried to portray himself as a decent human. This was after accusing Northam of being an MS-13 lover (again, Northan is a veteran and pediatrician). It seems people get sucked into the party machine and lose their soul and decency. Or whatever they claim to have had. 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/after-9-point-loss-gillespie-says-he-would-not-encourage-others-to-run-for-office-because-of-poisonous-atmosphere/2017/12/12/2260d37a-df48-11e7-8679-a9728984779c_story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ax said:

I don't think there was a single Republican out there that would have beat Hillary. The press has effectively cut the balls off of every R presidential candidate since Bush was re-elected. 

 

Trump was the only one with a chance. It was a slim chance, but he pulled it off. 

Thank Buddha.

 

IDK Cruz was enough outside the mainstream to possibly pull it off.

 

besides he coulda had his dad shoot her :kickcan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.