Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

A lot of the GOP come off insincere on the "is the media the enemy" issue.  Plenty of members of the GOP have helped cultivate the anti-media sentiment over the last 30 years. Playing the victim card over and over, demonizing the "mainstream media."  The sentiment was there long before Trump was elected, he just happened to be a screw loose enough to repeat these things from the oval office and not know how to filter things.

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

So I keep the tv's at work on sports, away from world events. Focus on lunch. 

Until my owner makes my coworker change to CNN,  upset my station to no end.

It affected my money, I have no doubt. 

I know the affect this has on me as a diner. I've been in several restaurants that insisted on Faux News on the tv's. We've requested a change to ESPN each time and each time have been ignored. I know what this does to my attitude and I'm sure it affected the way I viewed he service I received.

I go to great lengths to separate my business from my politics, primarily because my business relies on a lot of people who I disagree with, but secondarily I choose to serve everyone. And it's arrogant and antagonistic to piss on people just because you can.

That said, I remember the restaurants that did this, and I have NOT been back. Now, I'm sure there are a lot of RedHatters to take my place, but the Supreme Court declared that money is speech and I choose to speak elsewhere.

31 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Why?

Maybe they are ignoring climate change and ruining the world for profit and then creating a space force because the Ancient astronauts that nuked the Dinosours are coming back? Sorry. I watched Ancient Aliens yesterday 

10 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That said, I remember the restaurants that did this, and I have NOT been back. Now, I'm sure there are a lot of RedHatters to take my place, but the Supreme Court declared that money is speech and I choose to speak elsewhere.

I lost a steady MAGAt. (Why he always insisted on me I'll never know.)

We're tennis buds, he's a prominent tennis photographer, and about a month ago he mentioned that John Isner was having a baby...I said *He just got married*...and I truly meant nothing by it, just that time goes by...

He came back with "Serena was pregnant before getting married "

So.....

I couldn't resist. 

"I think we threw morality out the window with the *****-grabber in chief. "

He tipped me well (as usual).

Haven't seen him since. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

A lot of the GOP come off insincere on the "is the media the enemy" issue.  Plenty of members of the GOP have helped cultivate the anti-media sentiment over the last 30 years. Playing the victim card over and over, demonizing the "mainstream media."  The sentiment was there long before Trump was elected, he just happened to be a screw loose enough to repeat these things from the oval office and not know how to filter things.

writers write from their point of view so leaning one way or another politically isn't anything new. Its really just the vastness of news outlets nowadays. How do the little guys get a leg up on the old farts? Be first...nobody cares what your track record is as far as fact checking anymore, because you can edit after the fact, but its already out there.

Social media is ****ing with us as a society. I don't think the "news" is the enemy, I think its anyone with an internet connection and a youtube account can be tom brokaw

9 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I lost a steady MAGAt. (Why he always insisted on me I'll never know.)

We're tennis buds, he's a prominent tennis photographer, and about a month ago he mentioned that John Isner was having a baby...I said *He just got married*...and I truly meant nothing by it, just that time goes by...

He came back with "Serena was pregnant before getting married "

So.....

I couldn't resist. 

"I think we threw morality out the window with the *****-grabber in chief. "

He tipped me well (as usual).

Haven't seen him since. 

It really is something to see the party of "Family Values" defending the total lack of adherence to their stated values.

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It really is something to see the party of "Family Values" defending the total lack of adherence to their stated values.

I hear all democrats shouldn't eat meat...cause PETA is Democrat

Rep and Dem parties are just large alliances of completely different groups. Its crazy, but its the only way to win

4 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Being who I know him to be, he'd lash out on social. 

He hasn't. 

I may have made an impact. I'll sacrifice the money if it made him think. 

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

That's a bull**** argument and you know it.

PeTA is an extreme minority within the Democratic party, are you going to tell me that Christian Evangelicals with their "Family Values" are as minor a segment within the GOP? 

If so, then may I suggest remedial politics for your Fall semester.

6 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Rep and Dem parties are just large alliances of completely different groups. Its crazy, but its the only way to win

Dude, most Republicans run on the whole family values mantra... Don't try and slide that into a minority point of view...... Most democrats don't run on PETA views... Nice try though

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Im not sure how to reply to this without sounding like an asshole honestly. 

What is the problem with me arguing his tweet was racist? What did that stop us from discussing? 

there is no problem at all thinking that it was racist, or discussing it as such

But its also fine to think that there was nothing in this particular incident (or other specific incidents) that screamed that race was driving Trump's actions right then...     

personally, think that Trump clearly and fairly consistently deals with non white people in a way that indicates underlying racism in basically every time he gets upset with them.       but ...yeah..... he ALSO is a lying cheating scumbag in other ways in EVERYTHING he does with ANYBODY, no matter what their race..... (other than Russian?)

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

False equivalency is stock and trade any more.

you were talking about some guy you were serving in a resteraunt. Yeah lets equate him to the entire republican party...jesus, peta is vastly more prominent than that guy

Just now, Gibbit said:

they do, but just because I lean conservative doesn't mean I have to follow that line...just like that guy you were talking about. Im actually kind of agnostic

"Family Values" are THE dominant movement within the GOP and has been for decades. White Christian Evangelicals are THE primary body within the GOP and in Trump's base.

And I specifically said "party of Family Values" i.e. the Republicans...NOT Conservatives. There is a difference IMO. I know several Conservatives who have left the party.

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

you were talking about some guy you were serving in a resteraunt. Yeah lets equate him to the entire republican party...jesus, peta is vastly more prominent than that guy

Please read what I just wrote.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

"Family Values" are THE dominant movement within the GOP and has been for decades. White Christian Evangelicals are THE primary body within the GOP and in Trump's base.

And I specifically said "party of Family Values" i.e. the Republicans...NOT Conservatives. There is a difference IMO. I know several Conservatives who have left the party.

Please read what I just wrote.

I mean there is the republican party of politicians and then there are the voters if that's the difference. Same with the Democrats. We are the schmucks (voters), but unfortunately we need the assholes to keep the rest of the world's politicians at bay 

5 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

It is pretty clear that Trump is a racist,  but it is far from his only shortcoming.   He has demonstrated with great aplomb his ability to be wrong in a dazzling array of ways, without every single one of them being racist.   It is foolish to get bogged down in arguing about whether a specific blunder points specifically to underlying racism, or is just a generalized blunder of some other incompetent inadequacy.   

keep your eyes on the ball.   

Eff outta here with this condescending crap.

Just because you can’t walk and chew gum at the same time doesn’t mean others can’t.

Archived