Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Im fine with them too.  

Let me restate for clarity.

I dont think absentee ballot should be available to EVERYONE.  There are obvious reasons (military, service etc).  Others that I havent thought of as well. 

See, I knew you didn't mean what you wrote, but you've been sloppy this morning.

Get some coffee in ya man.

I anxiously await the 2020 GOP passed legislation that requires 23 and Me tests at each polling place to cast a vote. Of course, the costs will be underwritten by the insurance companies. But only so they can deny coverage for potential future medical problems (discovered by the testing).

Yay us!

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

True voter fraud takes place in absentee voting. But since it's skewed heavily GOP, I doubt that we will ever get that examined fully by the voter conspiracy theorists.

You got a link or something showing this? I would be very interested in that info 

2 hours ago, Ax said:

No sir. I was wearing a pink ****hat in my safe space at my momma and daddy's. In the basement plotting a protest to destroy businesses and harass people trying to eat dinner.

Because states like Virginia, and other, refused to cooperate. Knowing they'd be discovered. Like in the link.

I clicked the link, followed the instructions and got to VA's list of people declared non-citizens (per county or commonwealth). The link you provided is heavy on invasion of illegal "aliens" voting illegally but ... did you see the names on the list?

https://publicinterestlegal.org/files/Exhibit-1.pdf

Bobby Woods

Cole Wright

Robert crawford

melissa Brantley

Hilda Dunning

Norma Campbell

Rodger Monday

Cornelius Blakely

^^im not cherry picking the names. 75% of them do not sound like illegal "alien"names. You can go over the names yourself.

The report doesnt state why the people are not US citizens. Did these people pass away or terminate their US citizenship and move to Canada? There is no indication that these people voted after death or after they changed their citizenship. They could have voted as US citizens in 2014 then died in 2015 or changed citizenship. Showing that 5,00 or so people in VA had a change in their citizenship over a 7-8 year period is not surprising. I would assume the number would be higher actually with VA being so international.

To many unanswered questions but the reports premise that "illegal aliens are voting illegally" .... doesnt hold up just looking at the names. It assumes any person who had a change in their citizenship over a 8 year time period in VA was an illegal alien.

Also - I think Voter ID could be implemented in a way thats it doesn't deter voting and doesn't favor a particular party. Problem is the R's are doing it. And if you didn't believe it before it shouldn't be hard to believe now that they would do it in bad faith and in their own favor. 

The point remains that voter fraud has, is, and likely will continue to be present. In as big a number as holes in the system will allow. voter ID would be a step to curb a lot of it. It's easy to do. But since it takes away one the left more ridiculous talking points, and fear mongering tools, they act like they're gut shot anytime someone mentions it.

1 minute ago, Ax said:

The point remains that voter fraud has, is, and likely will continue to be present. In as big a number as holes in the system will allow. voter ID would be a step to curb a lot of it. It's easy to do. But since it takes away one the left more ridiculous talking points, and fear mongering tools, they act like they're gut shot anytime someone mentions it.

Proven wrong on multiple fronts and goes back to hyperbole because your point and data used to support it was ****. 

Not gonna work here playa

Just now, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

The report doesnt state why the people are not US citizens. Did these people pass away or terminate their US citizenship and move to Canada? There is no indication that these people voted after death or after they changed their citizenship. They could have voted as US citizens in 2014 then died in 2015 or changed citizenship.

To many unanswered questions but the reports premise that "illegal aliens are voting illegally" .... doesnt hold up just looking at the names. It assumes any person who had a change in their citizenship over a 8 year time period in VA was an illegal alien.

I have a friend that was erroneously registered to vote in two states and screwed something up along the line. He had to clarify which state to vote in. My guess is "Bobby Woods" or whomever needed to clarify that and didn't. Thus giving these wackadoos a reason to muddy the waters and shout about illegals. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Proven wrong on multiple fronts and goes back to hyperbole because your point and data used to support it was ****. 

Not gonna work here playa

Proved what? That names don't sound like illegal immigrants.

Weak sauce.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

You got a link or something showing this? I would be very interested in that info 

Unfortunately no. Maybe it's all assumption based on who used to vote absentee (largely military) and how they voted (largely Republican). I should know better than to make a blanket statement though. 

4 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I have a friend that was erroneously registered to vote in two states and screwed something up along the line. He had to clarify which state to vote in. My guess is "Bobby Woods" or whomever needed to clarify that and didn't. Thus giving these wackadoos a reason to muddy the waters and shout about illegals. 

Didn't Ivanka and a few other prominent MAGAts have multiple State registrations back in 2016? It was much ado about nothing because states routinely fail to purge when people move and register in other states. 

17 minutes ago, Ax said:

The problem is that the number of people who could/would likely be disenfranchised by these voter ID laws is vastly larger than the number of cases of fraud that have been found and would have been prevented with an ID law. There simply has never been any widespread systematic voter fraud found, no matter how many times the GOP tries to find it, no matter how many millions they spend doing so, no matter how many "task forces" have been set up to find it. They just never do. Because it isn't a thing. They find the same stuff every time: small numbers of cases, most of which are mistakes, and a few actual cases of clearly intended fraud. 

It's a solution looking for a problem. Or, more correctly in this case, it's a solution to a real GOP problem (minority and poor voters voting) that's looking for a publicly acceptable face to put on.

I have never heard a logical explanation how requiring proper ID is a problem.

Because there are so many resources that can enable everyone to acquire valid ID.

It is simply a talking point/scare tactic of the D's.

My daughter is still registered to vote in VA under her maiden name, even though she's registered in and votes in TX under her married name. She's getting divorced at some point and will revert to her maiden name, so I told her she needs to call the VA county and remove her name.

I already removed my name in VA in March so I would be clear to register in TX, which I will do later this month.

Question for those who want ID to vote requirements.

Should the Feds kick in extra money to pay for increased State DMV staffing to handle the increase in applications? 

Current walkup times at most DMVs here in California exceeds 1hr. I'd suspect it would get a lot worse with that requirement. Additionally, would there be an option for just a voter ID card (separate from a DL)? Would that cost less? Would it satisfy the new TSA Real ID requirements that's States have to implement by 2020 (or is 2022)? The one that requires a passport/social security card and an actual appointment at the DMV to get the new Real ID...

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Question for those who want ID to vote requirements.

Should the Feds kick in extra money to pay for increased State DMV staffing to handle the increase in applications? 

Whatever it takes. If the Feds have to pay for all of it, it would be money well spent.

And if the Feds refused, there are any number of left wing organizations that could pool their money and get it done.

So, there is no excuse NOT to do it. IMHO

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Unfortunately no. Maybe it's all assumption based on who used to vote absentee (largely military) and how they voted (largely Republican). I should know better than to make a blanket statement though.  

All good. I was just curious. I suspect something similar but I never took the time to look it up myself. 

9 minutes ago, Ax said:

We should probably also thank Mr. President for the cult he has formed. Great showing last night in Tampa for QAnon. 

Really though, this doesn't bother people who like Trump or are indifferent to him? This isn't a collection of people who think the JFK assassination is strange, it's a cult of people brainwashed enough to believe total nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

We should probably also thank Mr. President for the cult he has formed. Great showing last night in Tampa for QAnon. 

Really though, this doesn't bother people who like Trump or are indifferent to him? This isn't a collection of people who think the JFK assassination is strange, it's a cult of people brainwashed enough to believe total nonsense. 

Hes a member. 

53 minutes ago, Ax said:

You've got the fear-mongering part correct, except it's actually those in favor of Voter ID doing the fear mongering by making up a problem that doesn't exist and then offering a solution for said non-existent problem. 

Trust in the fact that this debate would be over in less than a day if any proof of wide spread voter fraud (on the vote casting side) was ever shown to be a real problem.  

However since it hasn't, people like Trump, and other members of the GOP can just keep banging away at that strawman because people will believe them at face value with nothing to back it up.

27 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

This would be more accurately directed if you delivered it in front of a mirror, my friend.

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

You've got the fear-mongering part correct, except it's actually those in favor of Voter ID doing the fear mongering by making up a problem that doesn't exist and then offering a solution for said non-existent problem. 

Trust in the fact that this debate would be over in less than a day if any proof of wide spread voter fraud (on the vote casting side) was ever shown to be a real problem.  

However since it hasn't, people like Trump, and other members of the GOP can just keep banging away at that strawman because people will believe them at face value with nothing to back it up.

So then, actually getting everyone a valid ID, which hurts nobody, would remove it as a talking point for either side.

But one side doesn't want to lose any tools, in their mostly empty toolbox.

So, still no logical explanation why proper ID to vote is a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, Ax said:

This would be more accurately directed if you delivered it in front of a mirror, my friend.

So then, actually getting everyone a valid ID, which hurts nobody, would remove it as a talking point for either side.

Ok, what is your plan to get everyone a valid ID? 

Also, have you provided any proof or studies or anything at all to show voter fraud is an issue?

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Ok, what is your plan to get everyone a valid ID? 

Also, have you provided any proof or studies or anything at all to show voter fraud is an issue?

The easiest way? Tell everyone that doesn't have one, that all they have to do, is come to their nearest bank, show proper ID, and they will receive a one time $1000 tax free cash award. Done.

We put a man on the moon. We can certainly get ID's for everyone. Fairly easily. There just needs to be the will to do it.

4 minutes ago, Ax said:

The easiest way? Tell everyone that doesn't have one, that all they have to do, is come to their nearest bank, show proper ID, and they will receive a one time $1000 tax free cash award. Done.

You have no idea how the world works do you? How old are you? 

Archived