Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Bureau Of Land Management Director's Deference To 'Constitutionalists' Creates Chaos In The West

Far-right “constitutionalist” theories—the kind claiming that the U.S. Constitution’s text places severe limits on the power of the federal government, handing supreme power to local authorities—have been around for decades, but their multifarious claims and arguments have never been acknowledged by any American court, nor has their legitimacy ever been recognized by any federal or state authority. Until now.

The Trump administration has been quietly empowering far-right extremist ideology on public lands in the West, two recent investigative reports inform us. Under a policy declared last November by Bureau of Land Management acting chief William Perry Pendley, the BLM now defers enforcing the law to local “constitutionalist” sheriffs, creating widespread chaos and environmental destruction.

Christopher Ketcham’s recent profile of Pendley in The New Republic laid bare the open hostility the man in charge of America’s largest portfolio of public lands has toward their very existence. The resulting policy, as another report from Type Investigations and Politico lays bare, has led the BLM to repeatedly ignore its own regulations, leading to “a culture of lawlessness” in the West.

Trump himself sent a clear signal fairly early on in his presidential tenure that he was sympathetic to “constitutionalist” claims when he issued a pardon for two Oregon ranchers, Dwight and Steven Hammond. The two men’s ongoing battle with the BLM had long been a focus of antigovernment groups’ recruitment efforts, culminating with the early 2016 standoff between federal authorities and a group of “constitutionalists” who led an armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

A number of observers, including Rep. Raul Grijalva, worried at the time that the pardon would signal an open season on federal lands managers by far-right extremists, “writing a blank check to a dangerous ideology.” As these more recent reports make clear, Pendley’s appointment as BLM chief has ensured that those fears are becoming manifest.

Click on the link for the full article

Like they're gonna let that stop them?  

Anybody here think his estimates showed that Mexico was gonna pay for the wall?  Did it stop him?

Think he had estimates that said their tax cuts and spending hikes would pay for themselves?  Or did they go ahead and do them anyway?  

You think he had professional estimates that said starting a trade war with China would pay more than it cost?

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It might be time to disassemble the office of POTUS, the position has gained too much power and it's clear as day that one person can destroy a once great nation. 

I know this isn't what you meant. But next POTUS might not be willing to move into the WH 10x the checking for leftover bugs and other spy equipment is done. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Wife #4 is back on. You maybe free soon Melania.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melania is the one who asked Hicks to come back and take one for the team because Donald is now trying to "pay attention" to her again since Hope has been gone. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

If only it would kill the MAGAs.

This is so goddamn moronic and I'm not positive whether she's simply that stupid or she isn't and just assumes that all of her potential victims customers are. "Well it hasn't been tested on this particular strain of coronavirus but it has on other strains and has been able to eliminate it within 12 hours". 

Guess what else is a coronavirus? THE COMMON COLD. You ****ing twit. 12-24 hours of rest without taking anything many times is enough to get over it.

I hear people tell me all the time that wishing someone was dead is bad form, and even worse.

So tell me what we miss if Jim bakker stops breathing forever? How does it damage you to acknowledge what he is, and realize that we'd be better as a species if he was no longer a part of it?
The world IS better off without some people in it, and they give us every reason why it is not bad form to say so.

**** Jim Bakker. i hope he dies in a fire today.

~Bang

25 minutes ago, Bang said:

I hear people tell me all the time that wishing someone was dead is bad form, and even worse.

So tell me what we miss if Jim bakker stops breathing forever? How does it damage you to acknowledge what he is, and realize that we'd be better as a species if he was no longer a part of it?
The world IS better off without some people in it, and they give us every reason why it is not bad form to say so.

**** Jim Bakker. i hope he dies in a fire today.

~Bang

Yup, you don't get civility until you acquire a baseline level of integrity that puts you above the behavior of a virus or ****ing cancer.

If you can't do that, then you don't get civility. And calls for civility in those cases are just as dumb as someone crying for civility to be given to lung cancer or the ebola virus. In those situations people ring a bell and celebrate when cancer is killed. Why would it be any different for people with cancerous character?

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Selling Snake Oil. Similar to Cash4Gold, Reverse Mortgages, whatever. It's preying on the weak-minded. Main difference is you're telling them to consume something. Hopefully, it's just water and not anything that could poison some poor stupid person who was just separated from their money.

Archived