Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rob Kelley Thread.

TradeTheBeal!

I thought Rob showed enough to earn the start next game. Outside of one missed tackle from a big run early, I didn't see much room out there. I understand that Jay wants to keep Jones motivated, and there is nothing wrong with a platoon, but in the end I think a team needs to have a designated no drama starter established, if even just to start games. RBBC is popular of course but Jay hasn't showed a tendency to do that at all this year. 

Natrone Means huh, I haven't heard that name in a while. I remember him being 5'11 240, accurate or not - too lazy to look. 

On 10/31/2016 at 5:55 AM, bankonhank said:

We ran the ball 27 times, I'd say we ran it a good amount, probably enough to not need to explain the lack of running it. 

Considering they played 5 quarters that comes out to an average of 5.4 runs per quarter. 

Matt Jones clearly has the better potential and ability to be a game changer, while Fat Rob doesn't.  I really liked the approach we seemed to take in the Philly game, where both players got their opportunities.  It seemed to motivate both players and helped keep them fresh for the whole duration of the game, with Jones ending up with that big run at the end.  Give them both carries and ride the hot hand.  Each has their strength/weaknesses.  Maybe they end up having a cool nickname like "Thunder and Plunder" or something lol.

• 2 weeks later...

He looked good. He keeps his legs moving, gets his knees up, has a good burst through the hole, shows excellent balance in the open field, and he's faster than you think. I was impressed. He had some big runs, and you could see the defense respecting him on those play action passes.

I'd like to see more from him as a receiver, but he hasn't had many opportunities there for some reason, and he missed on a couple, which kept him just south of 100 yards.

I give him a B+ for the day.

25 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Many fans like myself have been calling for Kelley much earlier....this coaching staff does not understand who their best players are and it's very frustrating....Bruton, Dashaun Phillips, Matt Jones, Ryan Grant and Lichtensteiger were all playing when it was obvious they should be on the bench or cut

There's probably many factors why a player, who showed well in the preseason, barely sees the field in the regular season. Do the know they entire playbook yet, do they know the audibles, protections, what opposing defenses are gonna do? I'm just talking about RB's here. Trust the process, its easy for us fans to be critical when we dont understand everything that's involved with running a team.. Im glad he's out there now though..

Remember when Seastrunk was tearing it up in the preseason for us and everyone wanted him instead of CT? The reports were he couldn't pass protect to save his life. Other teams discovered that quickly and he never saw the field and never had a career. It happens..

5 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

There's probably many factors why a player, who showed well in the preseason, barely sees the field in the regular season. Do the know the entire playbook yet, do the know the audibles, protections, what opposing defenses are gonna do? I'm just talking about RB's here. Trust the process, its easy for us fans to be critical when we dont understand everything that's involved with running a team.. Im glad he's out there now though..

Generally speaking, I agree...But those guys would still be playing if healthy.    I'm not giving this coaching staff the benefit of the doubt.

Why is Ryan Grant even on the roster, let alone playing significant snaps?

Kelley justified the opinions that have called for more playing time, the kid is a baller. Would like to see him get more consistent work though, a lot of good backs gear up as the game goes on, lets see what he can do! at Rob, you da man this morning, enjoy it while it lasts, fans are fickle.

10 hours ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

I really, really like this Rob Kelly guy. When there is no space to run I like seeing him lower his head, initiate contact and finish forward or get stood up and pushed from behind for 2-3 more yards. He refuses to go down like early days Alfred Morris. 

Highly reminiscent of Alf, with a bit more explosion through the hole.  Give him the rock!

Archived