• Blog Entries

• By JimmiJo in ES Coverage
      ES Coverage Cowboys vs Redskins 2019

9/15/19

Do I look like I'm playing? I'm not playing. This is the Washington Redskins versus the Dallas Cowboys. If you are a fan of this game, and this one does not get you excited you might want to check your pulse.

Hello my friends it is I, JimmiJo, back for another year of this wonderful thing we call Redskins Football. This makes season 14 for me. I am joined by The Spaceman Spiff who will hereafter be known as "The Spaceman Spiff." 

Where's that dude that gets the big tattoos on his back? There's his next one.

So how important is this game? I don't know. What is the different between 1-1 and 0-2? The difference between batting .500 and zippy?

Throw in that this is their 2nd division game to start the year AND a home game and you have a critical match.

And once again they contend with critical injuries to start the year. Last year it was  their rookie star running back. This year its their 2nd year star...well you get the rest.  Darrius Guice is gone and not coming back this year. I think this really hurts him moving forward. Not sure who will build a scheme around him given his first two seasons.

So it is down to the veteran Adrian Peterson. I have no worries of ring rust for hum. None whatsoever. He knows what to do.

Anyway, almost time. Please share your thoughts.

Stand by...

Inactives

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 12 QB Colt McCoy
      o   No. 23 CB Quinton Dunbar
      o   No. 31 Fabian Moreau
      o   No. 64 C Ross Pierschbacher
      o   No. 67 G Wes Martin
      o   No. 86 TE Jordan Reed
      o   No. 93 DT Jonathan Allen

The Cowboys declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 10 WR Tavon Austin
      o   No. 37 S Donovan Wilson
      o   No. 57 LB Luke Gifford
      o   No. 61 C Adam Redmond
      o   No. 69 G Brandon Knight
      o   No. 79 DT Trysten Hill
      o   No. 97 DE Taco Charlton

Follow along in-game at Twitter @Skinscast 

Sign in to follow this  
Tarhog

Show Yourselves II

We did this about a year ago, and it was a great idea! Thought I'd resurrect it since we've got so many new members (and older ones who were too gutless to post a pic the first time around). Time to ante up!

show+yourself.jpg

Me and my son Daniel at the Panthers debacle.

Well now..I guess I'll ante up....again....( don't want to be called gutless a year from now. :silly: ) I'll even volunteer another poster or 2 while I'm at it. :D (names to be with held under the threat of personal injury :silly: ).

I'm in the front. Sporting the Extreme colors.

Originally posted by dchogs

browsing thought "show yourself I," i came across one dollar's pic with his family. sad sad sad.

I haven't been around here long but I remember someone having a "In memory of One Dollar in there sig"

He looked so young. How did he pass away?

I know showing myself is NOT going to help my cause.

Just remember, I am a loyal REDSKIN fan and nice on top of that!!

Blondie

Originally posted by dchogs

browsing thought "show yourself I," i came across one dollar's pic with his family. sad sad sad.

Yup. :(

It was also wierd seeing Indyskinsfan. Anyone have any idea what happened to that guy?

I've wondered about Indy, too. I recall his saying he was leaving ... but like some others, he'd done that before and always came back anyway. :)

I think Braves on Warpath and he are acquaintances. Maybe BOW can give let us know if the guy is at least okay.

Originally posted by skinsfanjoe

I haven't been around here long but I remember someone having a "In memory of One Dollar in there sig"

He looked so young. How did he pass away?

i don't think we know for sure, or at least, i don't remember reading anything definitive.

and, not that it matters at all, but as #950 something, you were here when he passed. no biggie.

it still surprises me how touching his passing was, as i didn't know him personally. IMO, it speaks highly of extremeskins, the mods, and the members that the loss of a cyberfriend can make your stomach drop.

I believe he had a massive heart attack and essentially dropped dead early one day at work. He was only 35 or so as I recall. And yes, I was jarred by it too.