• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

Sign in to follow this  
Tarhog

Show Yourselves II

well for post 2000 of this thread, i reafirm my promise: you'll all have a picture of me by the end of the summer, by training camp at least!

well for post 2000 of this thread, i reafirm my promise: you'll all have a picture of me by the end of the summer, by training camp at least!

i can't wait. :rolleyes:

i keed.........but seriously, your post is #2001 :silly:

What ... you need a few months to get your girlish figure back!

:laugh:

Look at that sexy mug!

By sexy mug, I mean the mug of Barbecue Sauce in the Background.

don't worry...no need to explain....nobody thought the sexy mug was u :silly:

Look at that sexy mug!

134230470_ee292961f6.jpg

Anyone ever tell you that you look like Shaq?

i was just thinking of that one MAD TV episode where they had the, "Shaq late night show!" you know the one where all he can say is, "caaan you diggit?" and he tries to make a free throw to get saddam to lay down his wmd forever and sends it throught the window?:silly: good times

but seriously, dude you look like shaq!

I have posted a pic in this thread a little while back but, it was extremely blurry. Here is an updated one with me repping my Theismann jersey (although you can only see the collar)

robsnowresize6go.jpg

I have posted a pic in this thread a little while back but, it was extremely blurry. Here is an updated one with me repping my Theismann jersey (although you can only see the collar)

robsnowresize6go.jpg

How recent is that? Nice pic, and nice background shot. :)

How recent is that? Nice pic, and nice background shot. :)

Like tonight recent... :laugh: I had to get the ES shot in the background. After all, I am here more than I am my own bedroom.

Sometime this week I will get some pics up of my Redskins truck project. Its in the begining stages but, I love it nonetheless. ;)

i was just thinking of that one MAD TV episode where they had the, "Shaq late night show!" you know the one where all he can say is, "caaan you diggit?" and he tries to make a free throw to get saddam to lay down his wmd forever and sends it throught the window?:silly: good times

but seriously, dude you look like shaq!

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. No I've never heard that I look like Shaq.

I definitely don't see the resemblance to Chappelle.

Its not so much the resemblance as the facial expression (He does that same, sly, sideways kind of glance that you are doing in the photo in 100% of his comedy routines)...:whoknows: The more I look at it, you don't resemble either of them.

Look at that sexy mug!

134230470_ee292961f6.jpg

I love SSM. :kiss:

He puts me on :cloud9:

And ... he IS handsome.

Take your right hand and put it on your left ear, take your left hand and put it on your right ear then "PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT" !

I thought about doing this after jrock posted his basketball prowess pic, but after moving finally found the pics...found some Redskin ones! (sorry I'm not the best scanner)

a Redskin Cheerleader....

Redskincheerleader.jpg

Redskin at Halloween with my corny brothers

redskinhalloween.jpg

goofy young swimmer

youngandgoofy.jpg

couch potato before a diving meet

diver.jpg

;) thanks, sis. Just wanted everyone to know that I've been a dork ALL my life. :silly:

Is your name Karla Wilson by any chance? :silly: